Iowa Babies
Options

Recommended Pediatricians in West Des Moines or nearby

Ladies I need your help. So I have been researching pediatricians in and around West Des Moines since we need to provide this name to the hospital we will be delivering in. I am a FTM and wanted to know what should be my criteria in choosing one like a good doc, distance from home ( if that matters), reviews, ease of appts etc. Also which pediatrician have you chosen for your child? And did you interview them before you chose them? Sorry for the long list of questions but thanks in advance!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Recommended Pediatricians in West Des Moines or nearby

• Options
    Sorry I don't have good advice, but I'll let you know what I know. :)

Most places are great; I've never interviewed anybody and the doctors are always wonderful. Right now I go to Des Moines Pediatric, and mainly visit their Ankeny office except for weekends when they're closed and I have to go to their Des Moines office. Somehow we end up getting Dr. Fornoff pretty frequently, although I never really have any preference. I'm also pretty laid-back in general, so if you're concerned about certain things, you'd probably want to at least visit the office, and maybe meet with a doctor or two at the practice to see who would fit your personality or view points best, if you've got strong opinions about anything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cool, thanks! Makes sense. I will see if I even want to interview anyone or just go wiht one that is close to my house. That is my only preference at this time :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go to Blanks and see Dr. Menzies... she's amazing. When we moved to Des Moines with my first little one we went through probably three pediatrician. Blanks isn't in West Des Moines, but a great pediatrician is priceless. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cooperrider @ waukee pediatrics! She's THE BEST

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"