2nd Trimester
Options

cannot quit having caffeine :(

Before being pregnant I drank up to 2 or maybe 3 cups a day. I know that a very high intake can cause problems so I've limited my caffeine intake to one a day but even that worries me so much! I just cant drop it, i always get up early for work so that plays a big role in mu craving. Has anyone here experienced a pregnancy in which they drank caffeine at least once a day?

Re: cannot quit having caffeine :(

• Options
    I drink a cup of coffee every morning. My sister drank 2 cups a day her whole pregnancy and she has a healthy little boy. 
    Not drinking it would be more of strain on baby (no caffeine causes me to be tense and have headaches) my Dr said its fine just not to drink 5 or 6 cups a day or start on energy drinks. 
  • Options
    Idani said:
    You are allowed caffeine when pregnant most recommend a 200mg limit. Enjoy you coffee or whatever I would say most pregnant women do.

This.  Why are you stressing over a cup of coffee? 200-300 mg a day is fine.   Most of the concerns with caffeine stems from an increased miscarriage rate, which is much less of a concern in the second tri.  And even with that, the studies are not conclusive that there is a real correlation between caffeine and miscarriage rates. 

I recommend Emily Oster's book, Expecting Better.  It examines pregnancy recommendations and the studies behind them and was a real eye opener. 

I have caffeine every day.  I have a large iced tea in the morning, and sometime another tea or a soda in the afternoon.  I don't like coffee, otherwise I would have no problem drinking coffee.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Darlin' I drink 2-3 cups/day while pregnant. I think you (and your baby) will be fine.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    My last pregnancy I drank one cup of coffee a day and E turned out perfect!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Uhm... Then DRINK it! Novody says you HAVE TO quit... In some women it may increase chance of miscarriage but since you already made it to the 2nd tri...you know...

I drank coffee every single day while pregnant and BFing my first, and doing the same this time around. About 1 large, pretty strong cup every morning. I used to drink a ton more before, when I was working, because of crazy demanding work schedule.
    No issues ever from the coffee. I am a zombie and get super constipated if I don't get my daily cuppa. (Sorry for TMI).
  • Options
    I'm sure you are totally fine! I have a half-caf Americano in the mornings for my caffeine fix. My doctor told me that she even started drinking coffee again daily in her second trimester.
  • Options
    I stopped drinking it in the first trimester, but now that I'm well into the 2nd I enjoy the occasional coffee or diet soda. Like everyone says, don't overdo it, stay under the 200-250 mg recommendation, and you and baby should be just fine. :)
    Married 11/2008. Started TTC January 2014.
    BFP 3/30/14. <3 EDD 12/4/14
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I drink a cup (sometimes 2, mostly on weekends) every day. My doctor even mentioned that if I get headaches, then caffeine is a good cure.

Cheers!  ~O)

• Options
    I switched to 1/2 caf.  It's not ideal but I manage.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I take one everyday lest ill be a zombie at work and will be impatient w DH and DD. I have half a can of coke Zero almost everyday especially during headache days -- they are my cure. I also sneak in bites of choco once in a while. OB says as long as i dnt go more thab three cups we shld be fine

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
  • Options

Drink the coffee. You're fine. The baby's fine.

I had 2 travel mugs a day until the peeing became too much. Now I keep it to one so I don't pee my pants on the way to the bathroom for the 50th time that morning.

• Options
    I didn't in first tri, but in second tri I started getting the most insane headaches. Caffeine helps. I keep it between 200-300mg, usually just having 1 small iced coffee a day. You'll be fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Diet coke drinker here. I was during my 1st pregnancy, too. 
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I just downed a mountain dew. 

My Keurig has cobwebs on it. That is only because apparently this kid doesn't like coffee. He's already grounded for it.

Drink your coffee. Enjoy it. Enjoy a cup for me also. 
    Blergh!  I drank coffee through my first pregnancy, and have through this pregnancy, but baby #2 HATED coffee.  If I smelled it, it made me feel like vomiting.  It killed me, but I gave up coffee until probably around 27 weeks when it seemed I could stomach it again.  It's such a terrible aversion to have!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    DRINK ALL THE COFFEE!
    Like most pps said, I drank quite a bit when I was pregnant (I had to run after a toddler all day and wouldn't be able to get through the day with out coffee!)
    You'll be fine and so will your kid!
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • Options
    Please drink your coffee! I had caffeine every day of my pregnancy with DS and he is absolutely perfect. In 1st tri, I cut down a bit, but mostly I could not stomach coffee, so I stuck with a Coke a day for nausea. Many days I had two, some days a coffee and a Coke. About the last month of my pregnancy, I went through Starbucks every morning on my way to work. They knew me and my order. 

There are many resources online for the amount of caffeine in beverages, including every type and size of Starbucks drink. Read it, learn it, drink it.
    Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Options
    Another side note--some people don't know this but dark roast coffee actually has less caffeine than medium/lighter roasts because since it is roasted longer, it draws out some of the caffeine from the beans. Get down with yo bad self and some dark roast!
  • Options
    Then why try? I have a cup everyday.

• Options
    I have one can of coke a day without worrying at all.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"