March 2012 Moms

picking nose

Is anyone else having to deal with their little one picking their nose? If so, how are you handling it? Out of nowhere my dd now constantly has her finger in her nose. I try not to make a big deal of it, and just say no get your finger out of there. I know she doesn't really understand because if she gets a booger on her finger she starts yelling ewww mommy take it. I don't know, I don't want to make a big deal out of it, but I don't want it to become something that she thinks is fine. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking it at this point?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: picking nose

• We have a nose-picker, too.  The reading I've done on it says to completely ignore it and try to give them something else to do with their hands.  That hasn't really been very successful for us, but I know it does make it worse if I draw her attention to what she's doing.  Maybe someone else will have some insight!

• WipzWipz member
    If the texas weather is making his sinus's crazy and he has a crusty hard booger up there  he rubs and rubs to try and loosen it.. and if that fails.. yeah we'll get the finger up nose lol..
  • Loading the player...
  • @cmsdouglas‌ yeah I agree with you, I am trying not to make a big deal out of it. I think if I make a big deal out of it she'll do it more. I have tried to ignore it but it didn't really get us anywhere.
    @Wipz‌ yeah I totally agree that she is just trying to get her nose cleared out.
    My dd was in a summer reading session and another mom commented that I should curb that behavior before it gets any worse. Yet she gave me no suggestions. Mom judgements are the worst!
  • @kaleb87 F that mom! Wtf?
  • We don't have a nose picker (usually) but he loves to have his finger in his belly button?! 

Come on man. They don't make onesies that fit you anymore!! LOL.

My friend's daughter does this when she is tired. She'll even sleep that way!
  • DS occasionally picks his nose. I get a cloth or tissue and make him blow his nose. I think if they are doing it to clean their noses they will learn that is what tissues are for. I also don't make a big deal out of it because he'd definitely do it more just to bug me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"