Cloth Diapering

~~~UOs~~~

2»

Re: ~~~UOs~~~

• You should go as Misty and your SO should go as Brock. It sounds super cute!

I don't think Brock with grey hair would look right (dh is almost 60)......another Pokemon maybe but not one of the kids.
    Do some sort of spray in color or a wig. It's 1 night and it would be cute!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think we're making Cade be Scraggy this year. This way he can do his foreskin pants dance.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I think we're making Cade be Scraggy this year. This way he can do his foreskin pants dance.
    I have no idea what any of this means, an I am not sure I want to......
    See, Scraggy foreskin pants dance. It's not really a foreskin, we just call it that.
  • I love Halloween, here is Mila playing with her disaster costume that she hated last year. She requested it yesterday, only took 9 months and hundreds of hours of monster's inc.
  • My DS is almost 3mos old and everyone is already asking me what he is going to be for Halloween. He's 3mos old. He's going to be a baby for Halloween. I think it's stupid to dress up a child before they even know what's going on! I think it's even worse that I know people who have taken their less than 1yr olds trick or treating. God help the person that asks me if I'm doing that! :)
    I dressed up my DD as a cat (just a little hat and drew whiskers on her face).  She was 3 months. And we took her trick or treating, just pushed her around with my brothers and sisters.  DS will be 3 months as well. I'll probably do the same. I love Halloween!

BFP #1 ended in MMC. Discovered Oct 2005 @10w5d, baby stopped growing around 6w. D&C.
    BFP#2 Nov 2005. Baby's heart stopped @ 8w3d. D&C Jan 2006. Trisomy 18
    BFP#3 Nov 2006. My "miracle baby" DD born 7/25/07
    BFP #4 11/6/12. EDD 7/16/13~my birthday! No sac found @ 5w1d, betas not increasing. Natural m/c started 11/20/12.

BFP#5 11/9/13.  EDD 7/21/14  Our beautiful rainbow born on his due date!!

• I think putting leftovers in smaller dishes is dumb. You're just going to have to wash those too. Why give yourself extra work? Of course I'm not talking a pots and pans. I'm talking about serving dishes.
    this is why I love the bake/freeze/microwave/store containers by pyrex.  We can cook something in them, and then pop them into the fridge, and then the microwave when we're ready to eat the leftovers again. 

They're expensive, but awesome. we did away with small storage containers a long time ago
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LOL at your shower rendevous with a vanilla coke!
  • I don't like large or gaudy engagement rings. When someone posts a picture of one on FB, I make all sorta of assumptions about their personalities and/or relationship.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • I don't like large or gaudy engagement rings. When someone posts a picture of one on FB, I make all sorta of assumptions about their personalities and/or relationship.

I always told DH that if he got me anything bigger than 1/2 carat or flashy I would sell it.

The one he got was just under a half carat very simple, but very unique. I LOVE it. It's one of the only material things I have any attachment to. So I would never "upgrade"
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I swear all of my straight friends who have been engaged or married in the last 3 years have almost the exact same ring. Which I am going to assume is close to what you are describing.

Is it mostly round with lots of diamonds and covers the majority of their finger between their hand and first knuckle? So ugly.

One of my former coworkers just got engaged and it's the largest of all the large, ugly rings I've seen so far. Plus IMO there's no way it can even work with a wedding band, although adding more to that tacky monstrosity would blow my mind anyways.

She is and always has been very materialistic, so I'm sure she's loving all the comments about how she must be marrying an oil tycoon or how people have been blinded by the sparkles. Sorry, still an ugly, tacky ring, no matter how much was spent on it.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    I've been thinking of a similar UO for a while.  Tall rings should not exist.  They just end up scratching things or babies.  Originally, DH got me a tall solitaire setting.  After a lot of internal conversation I decided to tell him that the ring just didn't work for me because it was too tall.  He bought it online so he had no idea what it would look like in person, but he didn't even consider it being too tall.  I couldn't get it altered because of how it was made so I had to buy myself a new setting, which I still consider too tall.  I'm so glad that I spoke up because I couldn't work (put on gloves in the lab) with that setting.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • stoneycakesstoneycakes member
    edited August 2014
    I also don't get pregnancy cravings.
    you've never had a craving?!  for anything?
    All the time. But my pregnant cravings aren't any more life or death than my non pregnant cravings.
    Same here.

ETA: So obviously they're ALL equally life or death cravings ;)
  • SO got me a large tacky ring. It's 2 carat black diamond with regular tiny diamonds around it and on the teeny tiny little band. It's really pretty and way different than my first engagement ring. Which was 1 carat total, but 5 small diamonds in a row.

I swear all of my straight friends who have been engaged or married in the last 3 years have almost the exact same ring. Which I am going to assume is close to what you are describing.
    This one?image

I swear I know like 10 people who have had this ring or the same one in round in the last 5 years. It is going to look so dated in 10 years because it is/was so trendy.

Maybe that's why they "update"?
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Any diamond ring is awful. I hate them all and it's hard for me to feign excitement for a newly engaged person

• Oh! And @stringy813‌ I've been in and out! Being all wifely and parenting :) baked cookies. Cooked fish and sautéed veggies for dinner. Also weeded my crazy garden

Regarding the coffee in the shower, @theultimatesak‌ , I guess you have to be a coffee lover. I don't drink coffee for the caffeine-it really makes me happy to drink it. Maybe that's why?

• UO: I love my big fat huge ring!   :-h
  • UO: Asking permission from a woman's father to marry her is a totally misogynistic and gross practice. If J had asked my father's permission before asking me the answer would have flat out been no.
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
  • Mandmeesh said:
    Any diamond ring is awful. I hate them all and it's hard for me to feign excitement for a newly engaged person
    I don't think diamond rings are awful but I don't really give a shit about them one way or another so I feel the same way.
  • I don't know...is it just me? I think picking out your own ring is tacky. Like going Christmas shopping for yourself and putting a tag on it that says "love, your husband"

Super weird

• MandmeeshMandmeesh member
    edited August 2014
    Tacky to pick it out BEFORE you're engaged. We designed ours after we were already married. They're made out of wood

• Mandmeesh said:
    Tacky to pick it out BEFORE you're engaged. We designed ours after we were already married. They're made out of wood

J asked me, and we picked it out together. Ironically, we both picked the same ring. He wanted to be sure that it would be my favorite of all of them if it was going to sit in my hand for the rest of my life. Although he knows my jewelry style and always picks out things I like,
    imageimageimage
    imageimage

• Mandmeesh said:

J asked me, and we picked it out together. Ironically, we both picked the same ring. He wanted to be sure that it would be my favorite of all of them if it was going to sit in my hand for the rest of my life. Although he knows my jewelry style and always picks out things I like,

Good man. I think I just hate jewelry. Lol

• Mandmeesh said:

Mandmeesh said:

Good man. I think I just hate jewelry. Lol

And I was thinking more like "I want this ring before you even ask me"

• I wouldn't have picked out anything even a little bit like what my husband got me, but now I love it.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • UO: Asking permission from a woman's father to marry her is a totally misogynistic and gross practice. If J had asked my father's permission before asking me the answer would have flat out been no.

I told J the same thing. He knows better anyway. My ring is a green diamond, low profile in a bezel setting. Prongs catch and bend, then you lose your stone or just rip the shit out of your sweaters. We picked it out together.

• I totally picked out rings before we were engaged. Both times. I'm really particular with jewelry.Plus both said they were clueless. Though SO did pick the one I have, he showed me before to approve and bought it. He waited a few weeks before he gave it to me.
  • I love my engagement and wedding rings. The stones in my engagement ring are bezel set so it's smooth all the way around and it's fairly flat. My wedding band has a unique arc around the main stone of the engagement ring. The ring that dh proposed with was just ugly and too big for my tiny fingers so he sent it back and then took me ring shopping a couple weeks after we got engaged.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • PipSqueak0313PipSqueak0313 member
    edited August 2014
    If you look real close at my avatar you can kind of see my ring on the label of the wine from my wedding.

• My husband asked me to design a ring on this website and then said, "my idea is better." It was.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic     Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Patrick: born at home on January 14, 2014

• DH got me a beautiful ring it a square cit solitae above 8smaller stones. The band is super thick, which makes it super heavy. I have no wedding band, DH didn't realize tradation was for an engagement ring and a wedding band, so he over spent. It was ok with me because the ring is so heavy I didn't want to have to ware another ring with it too. I do plan to tell DH that I want a plain band for out 10th anniversary. I got two years.

DH dud ask my dad, I loved it!
  • This is the most boring thread ever.

So what are you going to do to remedy that?

• Nothing. That was my UO.

Good answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"