Special Needs
Options

Feeding tube

Anyone else have a LO with a feeding tube? Just curious.. :)

Re: Feeding tube

• Options
    edited August 2014
    DD2 had a gtube and then a button from 2.5 months - right before her 1st birthday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DD1 has a NG tube right now G tube to come.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My DS is 3 months.. He had a gtube put in at 4 weeks old. It's been rough.
  • Options
    I know there are a lot of kids with them for one reason or another. It's nice to know you're not alone.
  • Options
    You are not alone. My son has had one from 4 days old and he is now 4 weeks old. It sucks but what are you going to do.
  • Options
    -T--T- member
    You're not alone! My son has one too. Got it at about 6 weeks, he's 2.5 now.
  • Options
    Did any of you ladies get Fundos with the tubes? We did and I wish we didn't. My little man is so cranky all the time. It sucks. :( I think the fundo plays a huge part in his constant crying. He gags and retches all the time. He just turned 3 months.. It's been a rough road.
  • Options
    Did any of you ladies get Fundos with the tubes? We did and I wish we didn't. My little man is so cranky all the time. It sucks. :( I think the fundo plays a huge part in his constant crying. He gags and retches all the time. He just turned 3 months.. It's been a rough road.
    We did. Her tube site always caused issues. We had to do lots of silver nitrate and several buttons as they would turn black and burst within weeks of being placed. She also had leaking around the site as well. We did lots of venting to help with the gagging/ fussiness from gas. I believe she was also prescribed a medication for gas as well.

By about 11 months she no longer needed the button as she tolerated feeds PO and went 2 weeks with no need for vents (surgeons requirements).

A bit after having the button removed and the stoma closed surgically she aspirated when she attempted to vomit past the fundo. That required a hospital stay. Some more time passed, and she was able to vomit past the fundo and now can burp well.

Despite all of the complications from the tube site, and then the aspirations post tube removal, it was neccesary.
  • Options
    A2TPA2TP member
    Yep. My daughter had one for aspiration. NG tube placed at 2 weeks, g-tube at 2 months. Used the tube until 6m and pulled it at 14m (after cold/flu season). Now she has two belly buttons. ;)
    DS1: 09.12.10
    DS2 & DD1: 01.14.13
  • Options
    jmar2011 said:

Ds just got his g tube a little over a week ago. He is 9 weeks old and will have it until he is atleast 6 months. They will change it out for the button at the end of the month

I hope recovery is going well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"