October 2014 Moms
Options

Tailbone pain

Anyone else have/had this? I've been dealing with it for the past 2-3 months, but for whatever reason it's reached a crescendo this week. I work in an office and sit at a desk all day, so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it. It hurts now every time I stand up! Sometimes I have to hobble for a few paces with my hand on my back like an elderly person. It feels like a pinched nerve that just won't go away, and is getting worse.

Any suggestions, advice, commiserators?

Re: Tailbone pain

• Options
    I don't do much sitting during the day, but I've been in a few places where I've been in chairs that have made my tailbone hurt SOOOO bad and I definitely do the grandma walk for awhile when I get up!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep. It's been bad this week. However baby is sitting is making half my butt go numb. I don't know how to fix it, but I plan on asking my doc tomorrow.
    Meagan
    30 dx with PCOS 2010 treating with metformin
    DS1 12-29-11 DS2 11-4-14
    BFP 10/19/13 missed mc at 5 weeks d&c 11/18/13
    BFP 2/16/14 Please stick baby! !  EDD 10/31/14
    DX with septate uterus 3/1/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have this exactly, and have had it for months. I go to acupuncture of it, and that's pretty much saved my life.

In my case, I developed sciatica with the pregnancy, which is the pinching pain, but I also know it's the shitty office chairs we have here. It's getting to the point where I need to stand and walk every 30 minutes or so, or I won't be able to get up.

It's a BOY! Est. Due Date - October 17th

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Luckily mine stopped about a month ago, but I know it will start back up soon. If it gets too bad ask your OB for recommendations. Mine gave me a physical therapy group to work with if it got to the point I couldn't function my normal life.

;

• Options
    I have been getting physical therapy for mine since about 14 weeks. I've known that my tailbone was broken at some point in my childhood since I had DD in 2009... It stinks, but as soon as everything starts shifting around I get all kinds of hip/back pain! Luckily, the physical therapy helps a lot. I also use Kinesio Tape and that seems to help my hips/back, but it won't do anything if the pain isn't muscular.
    BabyFetus TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimage
  • Options
    I've had this and my midwife suggested seeing a chiropractor... I've been twice now and it helps a little but we are still in the wait and see phase to know if it will fully resolve the problem. Something to do with your sacrum/pelvic girdle being rotated out of alignment from carrying the extra weight. The chiropractor suggested sitting on an exercise ball and moving your hips side to side and in figure rights between visits to help. Good luck!

... And if you go to a chiropractor, try to find one who is Webster trained to deal with pregnant women!
  • Options
    I do and its totally the chair.  I've been working from home on Wednesdays which helps immensely but also I got a big excercise ball to sit on a work and that has been the biggest change.  I did try different seat pads and I have to say nothing really helped much except the ball.  

Roll that bitch on in ladies - no shame!

Native NYC-ers living in Switzerland - First time parents - 36 + 37

TTC: 8 Months / BFP: 2/8/2014 / EDD: 10/20/2014  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    YES and it's the worst!!! The chairs on my unit are horrible, because god forbid the state afford their hospital decent ergonomically correct furniture. I'd rather stay on my feet for 12hrs than sit in them. And my couch at home is getting soft and too used to my preggo ass, so I have bad tailbone pain. Try bringing a lumbar pillow with you to work??

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimage

Winston is ready to have a little sister!

• Options
    archi35 said:

I do and its totally the chair.  I've been working from home on Wednesdays which helps immensely but also I got a big excercise ball to sit on a work and that has been the biggest change.  I did try different seat pads and I have to say nothing really helped much except the ball.  

Roll that bitch on in ladies - no shame!
    Ok so the ball... Are you able to sit in it all day? What gives me pause about those is that there is no back to a ball, and I feel it will hurt my lower back especially to not have any support.
  • Options
    Jackie2200Jackie2200 member
    edited August 2014
    I had this when pregnant with my son. I couldn't sit for months without a tear coming to my eye because the pain was so bad.  It took my breath away it hurt so bad.  I got one of those donut pillows and that helped for my desk chair and at the table but at other places, I just sat all sideways and funny looking.  It went away the moment I delivered.   So far, I haven't had it with this pregnancy.  I hope it doesn't come back!

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

TTC Since 10/08 4 IUIs=BFNx4
    IVF#1=BFP!! Twins!!
    Bradley and Billy born and lost on 2/2/11 at 19w2d due to pPROM/PTL. I miss you, little angels.
    IVF#2=BFN
    IVF#3=c/p IVF#4=Empty Follicle Syndrome; 1 mature, fertilized, & made it to blast. 5dt of "the lone ranger" on 9/6. Please stick, little one! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Suggestion in regards to the donut pillow. What about taking a baby blanket in rolling it up and put it in a circle a sit. The might just take enough pressure off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have had this issue for about my entire pregnancy. I have to say it was not the chair in my case. I went through 3 different chairs and finally gave in and ordered some cushions. I got a memory foam cushion for my butt and a cushion for some lumbar support. They are a God send and they were only about $30 combined! I still have issues at other places every now and then, but my work day has been made much easier!

Married: 7/9/11

TTC Since: 10/13

EDD: 10/29/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"