TTC After a Loss

Re: .

• Welcome . I am sorry for your loss. We will all tell you to listen to your Dr's advice. One cycle isn't a lifetime and it will give you some time to heal physically and emotionally.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss. Welcome to the board.

I agree with PP stick with what your dr recommends. They are making that decision for a reason. I hope the month goes by quickly. At the very least it will give you time to mentally prepare yourself again. GL!
  • I'm sorry for your loss. PP have said it already, stick to your doctors orders. Your body needs some time to heal, so do you emotionally. Welcome to the board.

• Welcome to the board. Please follow your dr's orders as they were given for a reason. One month is not that long in the long run. So sorry for your loss.
  • Thank you all for the support and kind words, it means a lot :)
    I know I should just listen to the dr, but I'm undecided. I guess I don't see how my uterine lining would be any different then if I had just gotten AF this past week and tried again this next cycle. (Not saying y'all are wrong in telling me to wait, just voicing my thoughts "outloud")
    I have been reading a lot on foods that are supposed to increase your uterine lining, I plan to start eating those foods in the meantime, in case we do decide to try this month, instead of waiting.

I guess I've read so much about people not waiting and getting pregnant, but people waiting and still having another cp... So idk, I wish there was more of an exact number so I could see that waiting would actually be more beneficial, rather then it not seeming to matter if someone waited or not.

It would've been nice to actually have an u/s or something done so everything could be checked out, but they don't do fertility checks until you have had 3 miscarriages here. So it's like how does she even know the condition of my uterus lol.
  • Welcome to the board. I'm sorry for your loss. Until you've been here, you don't really realize how common MC is, unfortunately. I would echo the previous posters who suggested you follow you're doctor's recommendation. Request a follow-up appointment and talk to him/her in person if you can. Waiting one cycle is not the end of the world, even though I can understand the eagerness to try again right away. I know for me personally, waiting a cycle or two gave me time to emotionally process the grief that comes from losing a pregnancy. Please consider your emotional health too. ((hugs)) Take care of yourself.
    BFP 3/30/13, MMC and D&C 4/19/13
    BFP 4/8/14, MMC 5/5/14, D&C 5/9/14
    BFP 8/26/14 Due date 5/8/15

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the board. I'm sorry for your loss. Until you've been here, you don't really realize how common MC is, unfortunately. I would echo the previous posters who suggested you follow you're doctor's recommendation. Request a follow-up appointment and talk to him/her in person if you can. Waiting one cycle is not the end of the world, even though I can understand the eagerness to try again right away. I know for me personally, waiting a cycle or two gave me time to emotionally process the grief that comes from losing a pregnancy. Please consider your emotional health too. ((hugs)) Take care of yourself.

Thank you, I know realistically 1 cycle isn't much but it already feels like it's taking forever and 1 cycle feels forever. I thought I would've been pregnant by now, so it's just irritating. Like I want to be pregnant and I want to be pregnant now. If I never had taken the test I would've thought I just got AF and would've tried again like normal so I guess that's where I'm stuck. I'm really torn :/
  • I have had two miscarriages at 6w and 5w.  My physician told me (after each m/c) that I could try right  away because I m/c naturally and so early.  I got pregnant right away (14 days later) after my first miscarriage and now have my DD.  Since my second miscarriage, we have not conceived again (which was in June).  BUT, I did have permission to try right away from my physician.  I would call your doc and find out why they want you to wait a month. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • buggirl72 said:
    Thank you all for the support and kind words, it means a lot :) I know I should just listen to the dr, but I'm undecided. I guess I don't see how my uterine lining would be any different then if I had just gotten AF this past week and tried again this next cycle. (Not saying y'all are wrong in telling me to wait, just voicing my thoughts "outloud") I have been reading a lot on foods that are supposed to increase your uterine lining, I plan to start eating those foods in the meantime, in case we do decide to try this month, instead of waiting. I guess I've read so much about people not waiting and getting pregnant, but people waiting and still having another cp... So idk, I wish there was more of an exact number so I could see that waiting would actually be more beneficial, rather then it not seeming to matter if someone waited or not. It would've been nice to actually have an u/s or something done so everything could be checked out, but they don't do fertility checks until you have had 3 miscarriages here. So it's like how does she even know the condition of my uterus lol.
    You left out the group "not waiting and had another loss." Seriously, if you disagree with your doctor call them and ask why they want you to wait. If they clear you, then go for it if you think you are emotionally ready not only for TTC but for the possibility of back-to-back losses. It happens. A lot. If your doctor wants you to wait, listen to your doctor. You are not magically more fertile because you had a CP and TTAing one cycle is nothing.
    To the bolded part - this is something you really need to consider. My dr told me to wait for my first AF after my first loss. (Mc bleeding did not count)  We got pregnant that cycle. Then we found ourselves miscarrying a second time in 4 months. Let me tell you, the emotional pain, that soon after the first mc. Brutal. It was only then we realized we hadn't processed the first loss.  Please listen to your dr and also take into consideration the emotional aspect of this.  1 cycle is not a long time to wait.

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Me & Hubby: 34

TTC journey started 12/2012

BFP #1 6/5/2013, MC confirmed 6/26/2013 @ 7 wks

BFP#2 8/25/2013 MC confirmed 10/16/2013 @ 12 wks (D&C 10/18)

Diagnosis: unexplained RPL, unexplained IF.

Also have hypothyroidism

Started TTC again 12/2013

IUI#1:Clomid CD 3-7, Trigger'ed CD 12. IUI CD 14. BFN

IUI #2:Letrozole CD 3 - 7, Follistim CD 9, Trigger CD 10, IUI CD12. BFN

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/502498

image imageimage

• Coming from a medical perspective the biggest reason it's important to wait for one cycle is that cycle will flush out any debris left over from the MC. An option is to request a US to see if there is still debris and then ask your OB to clear you.
        BFP: 2/24/14 | EDD: 10/22/14 (triplets) 
    US (with RE) 3/24/2014 (two healthy HB), US (with OB) 3/31/2014 (three healthy heartbeats)

US (with RE) 4/7/14 No Heartbeats :(  | D&C 4/8/14
    BFP#2: 10/22/14 | (beta  #1 75, beta # 2 219) | EDD 7/3/15 ~*Please be our RAINBOW*~
    DX: MTHFR hetero C677T

• ktlovess said:

Welcome to the board. I'm sorry for your loss. Until you've been here, you don't really realize how common MC is, unfortunately. I would echo the previous posters who suggested you follow you're doctor's recommendation. Request a follow-up appointment and talk to him/her in person if you can. Waiting one cycle is not the end of the world, even though I can understand the eagerness to try again right away. I know for me personally, waiting a cycle or two gave me time to emotionally process the grief that comes from losing a pregnancy. Please consider your emotional health too. ((hugs)) Take care of yourself.

Thank you, I know realistically 1 cycle isn't much but it already feels like it's taking forever and 1 cycle feels forever.
    I thought I would've been pregnant by now, so it's just irritating. Like I want to be pregnant and I want to be pregnant now. If I never had taken the test I would've thought I just got AF and would've tried again like normal so I guess that's where I'm stuck. I'm really torn :/

Please remember that there are women on this board that have been benched for MONTHS for both medical and personal reasons. In the grand scheme of things, 1 cycle is NOTHING and please remember your audience. Your comment sounds a little insensitive.

ETA - All of us wish to be pregnant NOW. However, too many women on here have experienced the pain of another loss. Don't welcome trouble.

Not to be rude, but you don't even know me. I've been trying to get pregnant for almost 5 years. Not consistently bc of my husband being deployed, but I know what it's like to go forever and have it not happen.
    Until this CP I thought I couldn't even get pregnant as I never had a positive in my life so I don't see how me feeling like it's taking forever to get pregnant is insensitive. Maybe you should know all the facts before you accuse someone because your comment was a little insentive towards me.
  • CFearsy said:

Welcome. I'm so sorry for your loss.

We all wish we could be here to celebrate the joy of a healthy pregnancy
    but unfortunately, that is not the case. We can all agree that it is
    extremely painful emotionally and very frustrating. As others have said,
    no one here will tell you to go against your doctors orders. If you are
    unsure of why she told you to wait, then call the office and ask. While you're at it, go ahead and tell her that you're feeling unsure and request an ultrasound. Ask your questions and voice your concerns, but most importantly listen to everything she says and don't ignore what you don't want to hear. I definitely didn't want to hear my doctor tell me to wait, but the truth is, it's not about me. It's about the baby we lost and it's about the health of a future baby. If there is anything I can do to help make the next pregnancy successful, I'll do it...even if it means waiting. As KT said, remember your audience. One cycle is nothing.

Thank you all for the support and kind words, it means a lot :)
    I know I should just listen to the dr, but I'm undecided. I guess I don't see how my uterine lining would be any different then if I had just gotten AF this past week and tried again this next cycle. (Not saying y'all are wrong in telling me to wait, just voicing my thoughts "outloud")
    I have been reading a lot on foods that are supposed to increase your uterine lining, I plan to start eating those foods in the meantime, in case we do decide to try this month, instead of waiting.

I guess I've read so much about people not waiting and getting pregnant, but people waiting and still having another cp... So idk, I wish there was more of an exact number so I could see that waiting would actually be more beneficial, rather then it not seeming to matter if someone waited or not.

It would've been nice to actually have an u/s or something done so everything could be checked out, but they don't do fertility checks until you have had 3 miscarriages here. So it's like how does she even know the condition of my uterus lol.

It seems like you've already made your decision anyway, though.

I'm still undecided, I have time to decide and I know I will know what's right as the time comes closer. I know if my fertile week was tomorrow, I wouldn't do it because I don't feel like my body is ready. I do have a couple weeks and many people have said things that are making me second guess whether I should or not, which is good. I know talking to my husband will help a lot as well, but he is working and I can't talk to him until tonight or tomorrow, depends on when he can finally come home. I understand why the dr said to wait, and unfortunately they won't just give me an ultrasound unless they think something is wrong :/ I can't even see an OB without a referral from my dr and that would take over a month anyways so by then I will have had a period.
  • So sorry for your loss, (((hugs))).

It's important to follow your doctor's orders.  I would recommend calling or emailing them and ask what are their reasons why they want you to wait.  I have always heard you need to wait at least one cycle after a miscarriage. TTC is a lesson in patience.  My cycle was pretty wacky after the mc, so your body may need some time heal/regulate anyway.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. The nurse told me the reason I need to wait is to give my uterine lining time to build back up.... Which is why I am confused, I've never had issues with miscarrying, I've just never got pregnant. I feel like since this was the same time as AF would've shown, it should be just like a normal cycle.. If that makes sense.
    I am thinking of just waiting and seeing how my body feels and using OPKs to see if my cycle is acting "normal". That will probably help me decide in the long run.

It's important to follow your doctor's orders.  I would recommend calling or emailing them and ask what are their reasons why they want you to wait.  I have always heard you need to wait at least one cycle after a miscarriage. TTC is a lesson in patience.  My cycle was pretty wacky after the mc, so your body may need some time heal/regulate anyway.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. The nurse told me the reason I need to wait is to give my uterine lining time to build back up.... Which is why I am confused, I've never had issues with miscarrying, I've just never got pregnant. I feel like since this was the same time as AF would've shown, it should be just like a normal cycle.. If that makes sense. I am thinking of just waiting and seeing how my body feels and using OPKs to see if my cycle is acting "normal". That will probably help me decide in the long run.
    The nurse explained to you why - to let your lining build back up.

Just because you ovulate again on "time" does not mean that your cycle is back to normal - that won't tell you anything about the state of your lining.

Waiting to see how your body feels should not play into the equation. You were told to wait. Follow the advice of the person that went to med school - and have you noticed everyone has told you to wait?

I don't care if you have tried 5 cycles, 10 cycles, or 50 cycles, one cycle is not that much. You are not magically more fertile this month. You had a loss. Process it. You do not want back to back losses. Trust me.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • greenwl said:

I have had two miscarriages at 6w and 5w.  My physician told me (after each m/c) that I could try right  away because I m/c naturally and so early.  I got pregnant right away (14 days later) after my first miscarriage and now have my DD.  Since my second miscarriage, we have not conceived again (which was in June).  BUT, I did have permission to try right away from my physician.  I would call your doc and find out why they want you to wait a month. 

I believe I was only 4-5 weeks when I had mine so when I read a million stories just like yours that's what makes me question waiting.
    Conveniently the clinic accidentally called me just now so I asked some questions and she is going to call me back with more answers. I wish I wasn't so impatient and stubborn, my life would be so much easier if I could just accept things without "researching" lol
  • ktlovess said:

Welcome to the board. I'm sorry for your loss. Until you've been here, you don't really realize how common MC is, unfortunately. I would echo the previous posters who suggested you follow you're doctor's recommendation. Request a follow-up appointment and talk to him/her in person if you can. Waiting one cycle is not the end of the world, even though I can understand the eagerness to try again right away. I know for me personally, waiting a cycle or two gave me time to emotionally process the grief that comes from losing a pregnancy. Please consider your emotional health too. ((hugs)) Take care of yourself.

Thank you, I know realistically 1 cycle isn't much but it already feels like it's taking forever and 1 cycle feels forever.
    I thought I would've been pregnant by now, so it's just irritating. Like I want to be pregnant and I want to be pregnant now. If I never had taken the test I would've thought I just got AF and would've tried again like normal so I guess that's where I'm stuck. I'm really torn :/

Please remember that there are women on this board that have been benched for MONTHS for both medical and personal reasons. In the grand scheme of things, 1 cycle is NOTHING and please remember your audience. Your comment sounds a little insensitive.

ETA - All of us wish to be pregnant NOW. However, too many women on here have experienced the pain of another loss. Don't welcome trouble.

Not to be rude, but you don't even know me
    . I've been trying to get pregnant for almost 5 years. Not consistently bc of my husband being deployed, but I know what it's like to go forever and have it not happen.
    Until this CP I thought I couldn't even get pregnant as I never had a positive in my life so I don't see how me feeling like it's taking forever to get pregnant is insensitive. Maybe you should know all the facts before you accuse someone because your comment was a little insentive towards me.

EXACTLY. All I was going on were your comments on here and PgAL, which made it clear that you had no intention of listening to your doctor anyway.

You don't know me either. Nor do you know other women on this board. I, unfortunately (or fortunately for me, because they are awesome) DO know other people on this board and being flippant about waiting 1 cycle is seriously upsetting me (and a lot ridiculous), so in turn I know it's upsetting other people too.

If you don't want to listen to your doctor, don't. However, I don't know why you would even come on here asking our opinion, considering we have 100% agreed on one that is the complete opposite of what you have decided to do already.

Your doctor knows you, and knows your history. We do not. Listen to whom ever you want, or don't. Your mind is already made up.

Actually I've never seen this dr before in my life, so she doesn't know me either.

• I have had two miscarriages at 6w and 5w.  My physician told me (after each m/c) that I could try right  away because I m/c naturally and so early.  I got pregnant right away (14 days later) after my first miscarriage and now have my DD.  Since my second miscarriage, we have not conceived again (which was in June).  BUT, I did have permission to try right away from my physician.  I would call your doc and find out why they want you to wait a month. 
    I believe I was only 4-5 weeks when I had mine so when I read a million stories just like yours that's what makes me question waiting. Conveniently the clinic accidentally called me just now so I asked some questions and she is going to call me back with more answers. I wish I wasn't so impatient and stubborn, my life would be so much easier if I could just accept things without "researching" lol
    What about the millions of stories about how people did not wait and had another loss?

Why are you only replying to the one person that said they were successful? And why are you ignoring the part where she says her doctor gave her permission?

If they clear you, wonderful but, if they don't, wait one cycle - even if your husband is due to be deployed in a couple months, wait. Your fertility is not worth it. Going through another loss, is not worth it.

This is coming from someone that has over 10 years of failed cycles and is AMA to boot. When my doctor told me to TTA, I listened.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think you should definitely ignore your Dr. She's definitely wrong. She just said that because its protocol and she doesn't understand that you're unique...

NOT!

NO
    ONE
    HERE
    WILL
    TELL
    YOU
    TO
    IGNORE
    YOUR
    DOCTOR
    ON
    THIS
    TOPIC.

I am sorry for your loss, but seriously if you've done your research and believe you are more fertile now then it sounds like your mind is already made up.
    There are definitely going to be success stories out there - people post success stories. However this board is full of women who for the most part do not have success stories with a BFP immediately after loss.
    Please listen to your doctor.
    Good luck

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP#1 Oct/19/13, EDD June/27/14, MC began Dec/4/13 at 10w5d, sac measured 6w1d - blighted ovum, Misoprostol Dec/13/13 - nothing, bleeding, slow declining HCG, D&C Feb/6/14, HCG <1 Feb/18/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• *warning: pregnancy mentioned*

I have had it turn out both ways for me, you can see the details in my siggy. The first time I had a CP I decided to try again right away, got pg that cycle, and had a healthy baby 9 months later. Another time I had a CP, decided to try again right away, and then had another CP. You just never know what could happen. PPs are right though, I know it's difficult to be patient sometimes but you really should listen to your doctor. If you have questions or concerns then talk to him/her about it. GL.
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image

Thank you, I really appreciate it. The nurse told me the reason I need to wait is to give my uterine lining time to build back up.... Which is why I am confused, I've never had issues with miscarrying, I've just never got pregnant. I feel like since this was the same time as AF would've shown, it should be just like a normal cycle.. If that makes sense. I am thinking of just waiting and seeing how my body feels and using OPKs to see if my cycle is acting "normal". That will probably help me decide in the long run.

I am sorry to break this to you, but you you actually do have problems with miscarrying or this discussion wouldn't even be taking place. A chemical pregnancy is a miscarriage, it just happened very early on. And something to consider is this: if you got pregnant next month and miscarried again how big of a part of you would wonder "what if" you had waited? Is 28 days sooner really worth that potential self-doubt and sadness? If so then go ahead and disregard the medical advice from your doctor and the voices of experience here.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • I really can't add to what the others have already said, but wanted to say sorry for your loss. 
    Also, the Dr. may say wait for your lining to build up, but you need to let your emotions do what they are going to do. I had a mc in January when DH and I weren't trying, and weren't planning on trying for at least 4 more months if not more, so it was easy to wait the 2 cycles my Dr recommended. It wasn't until my second mc, after actually TTC, that I realized I never really dealt with my emotions with my first loss before I had to deal with both at once. It sucks waiting (especially when my "normal" cycle ranges from 45-50 days), but you better believe I am listening to my Dr to wait the 2 cycles.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

• mrsratledgemrsratledge member
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
  • CFearsy said:

Poppy715 said:

Hi everyone, my husband and I decided to not wait, thanks for your concern and advice.

This is not surprising at all. Why are you dragging this thread back up? Your original comment was on the 6th. That's plenty of time for people to graduate and add tickers. If you valued our opinions you would have responded when it was appropriate. Not weeks later.

Do you want us to congratulate you for blatantly ignoring your dr.s advice? Thanks so much for the update. I've been waiting with baited breath!

This is my fault. I called her out on it on TTGP and didn't get my edit in in time to tell her that she should not respond since she hasn't posted since then. I'm sorry.

It's still her poor judgement.

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"