Washington Babies
Options

OB/Hospital Recommendations

Hi Ladies,

We're potentially moving to Seattle this fall (still in negotiation) but I want to be prepared if we do go.  I recently found out I'm pregnant with our third and I wanted to be able to find a doctor and hospital that would fit our needs (I'd be open to a birth center that does as well, but the only one around us doesn't do c-sections, and I don't know if that's case in Seattle).  As I would probably need to schedule an appointment as soon as we decide.

I'm planning on having a RC2.  I'm not that interested in rooming in - with two little ones at home, I know the hospital will be the only time I get rest.   I formula feed, so nothing trying to be BFHI or pushy about breastfeeding.  I'd prefer a hospital with a nursery with a window (but I know those are going out of style, I just think it helps ease older siblings into meeting their new sibling.) I'd also like OB/GYN that's familiar with NFP/Fertility Awareness.

Re: OB/Hospital Recommendations

• Options
    Thank Jennish11.  We're still figuring everything out, so I don't know where will be yet.  Where we live now its quite common for people to pick a hospital thats 45-1hr away (many want the option of a NICU).  I figured the birth centers probably didn't do c-sections, but Seattle has so many, so I wondered if Washington's policies were different (I'm in PA and the state keeps questioning the whole "midwife" thing, especially outside of a hospital.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"