Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

HELP baby bedding decision

I was wondering if any of you ladies know where to shop for some pretty baby bedding. Walmart and all the big box stores seem to all have the same things. I want something different. Not pastel butterflies and pink elephants, just something nice and neutral. Please help if you can.

Re: HELP baby bedding decision

• Options
  • Options
    Another vote for Pottery Barn Kids, and Land of Nod too. Also, what kind of bedding are you looking for? Before I had my LO I was really focused on bedding sets until I realized I wouldn't be using most of it. Bumpers aren't safe, and you can't use the quilts (at least not until they're a lot older). I ended up buying a few sheets in colors that went with the room. I bought the quilt to use later on with the toddler bed, and my mom made a crib skirt. It was a lot cheaper than buying the set.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Halo and skip hop has some cute bumper-free bedding sets.

But honestly all you need are some sheets, I like the knit sheets at target.
  • Options
    Target or Buy Buy Baby or Amazon have plain fitted sheets. You will also want a water proof liner for under the fitted sheet. That is literally all that you need. Bumpers are a suffocation hazard (the mesh ones are considered better) but are still will potentially become something that could help the child climb the crib later.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got my sheets from Serena and Lily and my crib skirt from PBK. No need for fluffy blanket or a bumper. Aden & Anais has really soft sheets but I would splurge for the original line not that Aden by Aden & Anais line that you get at target, walmart, Buy Buy Baby or Babies R us. 

Once LO moves to a toddler bed I will most likely redo his room to a degree- new sheets, new blanket and I will most likely do an aden & anais dream blanket. 
  • Options

I skipped the bedding entirely and instead splurged on adorable wall decals from PBK and a DD's name in customized decorated wood letters from Etsy.

So her neutral (light green) fitted mattress sheet compliments the more personalized decorations.

Remember an infant doesn't sleep with a blanket nor is a crib bumper recommended for safety reasons.

• Options
    Both kids' crib sheets are from Restoration Hardware Baby and Child, as is DD's crib skirt (DS's skirt is from amazon). Even at almost two that's all DD has as far as bedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We weren't into the character prints either, and ended up buying a neutral set from PBK. Restoration Hardware has some nice one as PP mentioned, and we had also looked into Carousel Designs custom sets for the pieces we wanted. Hoping to get the furniture delivered soon to be able to put it all together! 
    Married 10/2009
    Dog parents 8/2011
    Human parents 10/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The Land of Nod has cute bed sheets for baby.
  • Options
    I agree that I really hated all the prints on the sets (unless they were like $300, I always liked th fancy ones). My mom made a crib skirt for each girl. They were awesome. Then I got 2 white sheets and a light purple.  And that's all we used. It was much more affordable and exactly what I wanted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I love babybedding.com. Lots of beautiful, non-cheesy nursery options. Great quality, too. You can order samples of fabrics, which helps with the planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"