Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

vaccines

baby gets  his 2month vax today, we r planning to visit my in laws this week who are 2 1/2 hours away. wondering about taking that trip 4 hours after the shots or waiting a day. any thoughts?

Re: vaccines

• Options
    All babies react differently to shots. After most of her shots DD just slept more. A couple of sets (6 & 9mo I think it was) she was super cranky for a couple of days. I would probably just go because in my experience either LO will sleep more or an extra day isn't really going to change how cranky they are.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    thanks!:-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my LO just had her shots yesterday and i wasn't about to go anywhere with her:(  She had a bad reaction to the rotovirus one and was screaming and crying almost all night due to a really upset tummy.  All kids react differently but maybe give it a day and then go.  Its a lot for our LO's and all those shots!!!  Hope your LO does well with them!!!
  • Options
    I agree with PP and would wait and see how your baby reacts.  DS was fine and just wanted to sleep a bunch, but never had a fever or anything.
  • Options
    Mine slept for 3 hours immediately after the shots, then woke up screaming and was extra fussy for the next 2 days. Then he was fine. 
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My LO ran a little fever and slept a TON but like PPs have said, every baby is different. 
  • Options
    I would wait and see DS #1 when he got them just slept a lot but every kid is different. If you do plan to go I would definitely let them know so if baby is extra fussy or cranky they know why.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"