May 2014 Moms
Options

Our cat actually DOES love DS!

lfleming84lfleming84 member
edited August 2014 in May 2014 Moms
So our cat is a very independent cat and tends to only like affection and attention when she initiates it. She isn't nasty or mean at all, just a bit solitary. DS is now 3 months old and I have been working with him and the cat since we brought him home. (She has been very afraid of other small children that have been over in the past). I let her smell DS and try to use his hand to pet her when she allows for it. She tolerates it at best and always seems nervous. Today, DS was crying and she came right over and started to smell him to make sure he was okay. It was very heartwarming! I think progress has been made.

Re: Our cat actually DOES love DS!

• Options
    Aw that is sweet :) our dog is always so concerned when she cries. He always comes over to me like are you going to fix it? We were really bad at getting onto him when he would get close to her because he likes to lick or I wouldn't let him in her room because I was afraid he'd wake her but I realized that I didn't want him associating her with getting in trouble or to feel like he wasn't a part of the family any more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"