Breastfeeding
Options

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 08/04

~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~

Welcome! This is a check-in for moms who are/were on a dairy free and/or soy free diet due to their LO's intolerance. The check-ins will be posted every Monday on the Breastfeeding board and XP'd to the Food Allergy board. If you'd like to join the group, just post an intro here and dive in! To check out the archive of our previous check-ins, please see the MSPI Moms Blog (www.mspimoms.blogspot.com).

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)?

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share?

4. Do you have any new snack or recipe ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ~*~*MSPI Moms Weekly Check-In*~*~ 08/04

• Options

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing? We are both good. Since introducing solids, things have been surprisingly smooth, with the exception of green beans. Those didn't go over well but we also had company in town so that may have played a role.

2. How long have you been on the diet? Are you avoiding any other food(s)? I've been on the diet for about 5 months. No dairy, soy, eggs, nuts, beef, corn, wheat and black beans.

3. Any other burning questions you'd like answered or experiences to share? I had something I wanted to ask but can't for the life of me remember. I was kind of MIA the last couple weeks (company in town, work, etc) so I am sure I'll think of it soon.

4. Do you have any new snack or recipe ideas? Nothing specific. I put Rice Krispies on my coconut ice cream the other night for dessert and it was amazing, lol. Oh, the little things. ;)

• Options
    Hi ladies! I am new here. We were diagnosed last monday after 3 diapers with blood. I made some goofs on the diet at first and LO got worse over the weekend. A lot more mucousy stools, blood more often and fussier when he is about to poop. I did more research this weekend. I found mixed info on whether soybean oil and soy lecithin are ok so I decided to just cut them out. I went grocery shopping on Sunday so we finally have more mspi friendly food in the house.

I visited an LC yesterday who confirmed I have low supply (pedi thought so too) so we will start supplementing with Alimentium today until I can increase my supply. That stuff is expensive! We are going to see if insurance will cover it. We go back to the pedi for a diaper recheck next Friday.
    BFing has been really stressful and I have pretty much hated it the whole time. But I feel a lot better now that I have a plan for increasing supply and feel less guilty about supplementing since I know I don't produce enough. Trying to look on the bright side of the mspi diet too. It should force me to eat healthier and maybe lose some weight!

IF, 5 losses, 1 son, 1 on the way.
    fall in love with someone Pictures Images and Photos  photo turtlejpg

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@whoberry- Welcome! For us, it took about 5 weeks after cutting all dairy and soy (including all hidden) to see improvement in DD2's diapers although her mood/fussiness improved at about 2 weeks in. The beginning is tough but it gets a lot easier. GL!!

@casey78 - Wow, poor Leah!! I'm so nervous about this for when it's our turn to intro dairy down the road. Glad to hear nuts and fish are going well though. What a fun option for her birthday cake! I may have to steal that idea! :D

• Options

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing?

Doing good, just got back from vacation. I think we managed to avoid any food slip-ups. DD's poops have been a little off for the last ~2 weeks- softer than normal and less formed. Not sure what this is about. I don't see any mucus or blood, but they had been pretty solid and formed for awhile. I've been planning to try baked dairy but keep putting it off because of this. Maybe this is her new normal?

A little over 8 months. Avoiding dairy, soy, beef, and tree nuts.

Nope :)

4. Do you have any new snack or recipe ideas?

Cliff bars! If you can have soy lecithin, they're great. I only recently added soy lecithin and soy oil back into my diet, and it has opened up so many options for foods! Other than that, I'm still eating lots of fruit, chips and salsa/guac, and various mspimama.com recipes.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Well im still here. You might remember that I was switching to elecare after lots of refusing to eat. Baby wanted nothing to do with that formula. It smells and tastes terrible so im still nursing for now. Dairy free soy free peanut and nut free. Realized that her poop has probably always been mucousy. I didn't realize the strings in her watery poop were mucous. Im not up for a total elimination diet. I have two kids and fi back to work full time on Monday. We see the GI again tomorrow so im not sure what's going to happen. I have so many mixed messages. Every feeding is still a battle and I just want my baby to feel better. But by adding in more night feeds we were able to get her to put on 5 oz this week so thats good news!
  • Options

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing? I started back to work this week and lunch is a struggle. We have been going out this week. We had our follow up with the allergist. She told me to remove rice from DS diet. We will have more testing in October. My husband and I both made appts with the same dr for allergy testing. /p>

2. How long have you been on the diet? 6 months Are you avoiding any other food(s)? Dairy, soy, wheat, egg, tree nut, peanut, oats and now rice

3. Questions? What do we need to be careful about hummus? I know it was mentioned but I forgot

.4. Do you have any new snack or recipe ideas? The allergist approved sun butter. I like it it's good. I have had it with celery.

• Options
    Premade hummus can have soy oil in it and sometimes other weird stuff like natural flavors. If you make it yourself (SUPER easy) you houldnt have to worry.
  • Options
    Hi I'm new to this group and looking for more support and guidance as I want to continue to breastfeed.

1. How are you doing? How is your LO doing? I'm doing well but can get frustrated. My DD still has days where she will refuse the breast. She'll latch for a couple min and then pull off crying and not want to relatch. Not sure if this is related to the milk protein intolerance. The doc isn't concerned but it's hard on me.

Currently we have been dairy free for a little over a month. My baby has become a totally different little girl. She is so much happier. Which I love!! Currently the doc says just dairy but we have a GI appointment in a couple of weeks because we have just recently had blood in her stool. Never had this in the beginning only fussiness.

Any of you experience the refusal to eat?

4. Do you have any new snack or recipe ideas? Nope not yet

Thanks in advance for your help :)
  • Options
    @larissarae‌ could you have a forceful letdown?
  • Options
    @rocknrollfriend‌ I might but use a nipple shield due to my flat nipples and DD having latch issues the lactation consultant said that would help slow the letdown too.
  • Options
    @rocknrollfriend‌ I might but use a nipple shield due to my flat nipples and DD having latch issues the lactation consultant said that would help slow the letdown too.

When my let down is taking too long for my DD, she gets impatient and pulls off out of frustration. It usually happens when she's overtired, too hungry or is in a growth spurt though.

@larissarae - how old is your DD?

• Options
    @RingOfFire11‌ she is almost 4months. I would agree she gets frustrated if the let down doesn't happen right away. I also feel after the initial let down she doesn't want to work for more so gets frustrated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"