May 2012 Moms
Options

New Activities for LO's

What new activities are your LO's enjoying these days? My DD is home all day and I need some new ideas to keep her entertained when I'm home with her or if she's with DH and MIL.

Lately, DD has loved playing with flashcards (shapes, colors, animals). She also loves coloring, playing with bubbles, reading, and building her Duplo blocks.

Any new ideas? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Re: New Activities for LO's

• Options
    littleredfishlittleredfish member
    edited August 2014
    DD loves "red light, green light". When it's just us and no other kids or people, she will dance around and be silly when I say green light and then freezes when I say red light. We also play other games like simon says, I Spy, and singing songs like "if you're happy and you know it" or other action involved songs. She loves her new chalk board (mainly because she loves cleaning things and like to wipe off what she draws) and doing puzzles. We've also done a scavenger hunt type of clean up where when the toys are everywhere I say the name of a toy and she goes and finds it. If I'm doing laundry she is learning to match up the socks, which is great because I hate that part. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    littleredfishlittleredfish member
    edited August 2014
    Other stuff I thought of; we just bought her a small wading pool which she loves as well as her water table. Also, since it's summer, we've done some messy activities outside like finger painting or experimenting with mixing a couple of drops of food coloring to shaving cream, and things like that; then we just hose her off outside which she thinks is hilarious.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Some of DD's favorite activities, other than what you listed are:
    Playdough- we have a few kits that have different shapes and things she can make
    Anything arts and crafts- she loves stickers, finger paints, etc
    She has a little play tent that she absolutely loves to play in
    Reading has always been a big hit, sometimes we sit and read 5-10 books in a row
    Outside she loves the wading pool and swinging

• Options
    Yeah we have little structured play but Lucas has his brother 19 months older to play with, plus we run errands most days. We play outside a lot or they play cars and trucks or Legos with my 10 year old. Plus he loves to help when I cook so that's fun
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    Cortlan loves to help me cook too, it's a new discovery!
  • Options
    at home only or just home from work?  If it's home from work, we take DS to the library, they have a toddler activity at least twice a week.  Also we're thinking of joining a free mommy and me class at the local continuing ed school.  They offer this outdoor class that lets you join at any time.  I'm excited to join it starts in Sept.  My friend told me about it or I wouldn't have been browsing a continuing ed book because I don't have any free time without LO, but this is perfect.   I really need some more social interaction for LO so his language skills can take off, I hear most of my friends kids really started speaking more when they were exposed to lots of kids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"