Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Birthday party ideas

Hi,
My husband and I have been discussing my daughter's first birthday, which will be in October.  Just curious as to what you all plan on doing for parties.  The weather could be nice for some backyard fun, but it could also be cold by then.  What are your thoughts?

Re: Birthday party ideas

• Options
    We are planning on having DD's party inside since it can be quite cool here in the fall. We are just having grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins so it is small enough to be indoors.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    B's birthday is in November so we are definitely going with an inside party. We are either doing one HUGE party at a rented space at my gym (similar to a YMCA) or two smaller parties at our house.

If we were in October (especially early to mid) I wouldn't hesitate to have the party at an outdoor venue. Maybe someplace fall related. May be cool, but people will dress for the weather.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We rented a pavilion at a local park in mid October. But we're in GA so it's still really warm then (unfortunately.) We have a rather large extended family so having it not at home is much easier. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    We might invite local family over for a bbq or dinner, but that would be about it.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We are doing a big bash in a local park. Its gonna be end of September and the weather is still nice. 
  • Options
    My son's birthday is in mid-November, and we're doing it at my mom's house since our apartment is too small to fit everyone. We're just inviting mine and my husband's immediate family, and doing a fall theme. It'll be easy, since fall decorations will already be up. We're serving chili and corn bread along with pumpkin donuts, a few pies, caramel corn, caramel dip with apple slices, and sparkling apple cider. I mostly just wanted an excuse to bake all the fall treats.
  • Options
    Not set yet but thinking just family get together at our house - end of November so it might be cool but mostly because we're not making a huge deal out of it, just immediate family and a few friends.

My DH suggesting maybe getting a BBQ catered from a local place and I've been thinking of some type of activity where everyone can contribute to make something meaningful for LO- like maybe adding handprints or drawing on a canvas bag for her that she'll use or something?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"