August 2013 Moms

diaper size

Just curious what size your LOs are currently using. 

E is in 4s, but DH wants to move him up to 5s at least at night for extra absorbency.  The 5s seems a little loose around his legs to me, but didn't leak when we tried them last night, so I guess we'll stick with them at night.  But now I don't know whether to move him up for daytime too once we run out of our current stash of 4s.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: diaper size

• LO is still in 3s lol been considering moving to 4 but he really only uses disposables at his grandparents or when I haven't had a chance to wash his cloth diapers so might be a while before we run out of what we have
    **July Siggy Challenge**
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• E is in 4's....but I am noticing that I am having issues getting them on her well, but that could also be because she is such a wiggle worm at diaper changes. I may get my next pack at 5's and see how they are....

• Loading the player...
  • The twins are in 4s - we moved them up about 2mo ago or so.

My big one moved up to 5s at 18mo and then stayed in 5s until we PT.

• DD has been in 3s for a while now, but they're still a good fit. She's a serious wiggler during diaper changes, too.

• DD is in size 3 though I'm considering going up a size after this next pack of diapers is gone.

• We are wearing 4's both for day and night. Just switched up from 3.
  • 4's for a few months now. We are sticking with them until the next big growth spurt.
    "The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • We've been in 4s for a few months now. We use Luvs 4s during the day and 4 Swaddlers at night. They seem to work for us right now. We have a box of 5s ready for the next growth spurt.
  • Mlc10811 said:
    We are in 4s and probably will be for a while. The 3s fit her better in the crotch but bc she's so long, they didn't fit right in the waist.
    Yeah, E's a string bean and has been switching sizes "early" based on the weight ranges they give for this same reason
  • Just switched to 4s this weekend. So far so good!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What are your lo's weighing? I have no idea what size disposables lo is in since we cloth but we're going to Hawaii for a week and using sposies and just realized I don't know what size I should get him
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • vulpinivulpini member
    edited August 2014
    We have a check up in a couple days, so I can let you know for sure then.  I'd guess he weighs around 20-21lbs and should be about 29-30 inches tall now, based on where he was in June.  We switched to 4s a couple months ago, I think, and the 4s seems to still fit him well, when he lies still enough for me to fasten them evenly.  The 5s are a bit roomy, but not leaking with pee (he hasn't pooped in them yet).  He might fit them better in another month or so. 

Can you try a small package of 4s or borrow a couple from a friend to see how they fit?  Seems like that's the most common size at this age.
  • LO currently weighs 19.5 lbs. and is approximately 28 inches tall.  She has been in Earth's Best size 4s for a while.  I think we're going to switch to size 5s when we finish up the full case of 4s that we currently have - it can be a struggle to get the tabs around her tummy, especially right after she eats!  I'm getting worried that we're going to run out of sizes soon, but it's good to hear that others are in 4s/5s as well.

• LO is in 3's but we might need to up to 4s during night time, she has been leaking the last couple nights.

• Thanks guys. My lo is still on the first rise snaps of a lot of his cloth diapers, he's all legs. But yea maybe I'll try so e of a friends and see. Last time a used sposies he was sick a few months ago and I think they were size three, fit fine but he leaked out of them overnight. So maybe 4 for absorbancy now
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jackson was born 8/11/2013 3:53 am 6 lbs 12 oz
  • My boys are 20ish and 22ish pounds and in the neighborhood of 30in. They are not long for the infant seat. I know most of you prob switched already but I was holding out until they became full time walkers. They're pretty much there, so I think it's time for the switch.

• She's in 3's with room to spare
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • We're in 5's. Have been for the last three months.. He's a chunk. Almost 25 lbs. and a late birthday! September 3rd!
    The Mrs.
  • We switched to 5s last month.
    Married DH <3 : 7/7/12; 3 fur babies (2 dogs and 1 cat)
    DS born 9/3/13; DD born 7/22/15; LO due 5/28/18
    FS (age 5) and FD (age 2) to become AS/AD very soon!

• DD's in Pampers 3's and I don't see that changing anytime soon. 
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 4 at night and using up the last of the 3's during the day before fulling switching over. 
    imageimage

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We do cloth during the day but for over nights he is in size 4 which we just recently switched to.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"