May 2014 Moms
Options

PPD check in: Aug 3

How old is LO?

Any updates on diagnosis, medication or appointments you want to share?

Any new PPD symptoms? Any that have gone away or better/worse?

Rants/raves?

How are you taking care of yourself this week?

Questions for the group/anything else?

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: PPD check in: Aug 3

• Options
    How old is LO?

Three months this week!

None

Overall I feel things are so much better. I am still having some anxiety (went back to work this week so everything that comes with that). But my anxiety has been "low" and manageable. No scary stuff this week.

Rants/rave?

Rant: my DH is traveling a lot this month. Will be gone this whole week. So I am not looking forward to being by myself with our two year old and baby. Also my daughter sucks at sleep. I think this is in my rant every week. I am so tired...

Rave: first week back to work went pretty dang well! Also I posted about my daughter refusing bottles...she is getting better! Friday she drank 9oz in 9hrs.

Haven't been really. Fail

If on medication, when did you and your doc discuss weaning? Mine said evaluate at six months.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How old is LO?

Two months

None

Any new PPD symptoms? Any that have gone away or gotten better/worse?

Doing really well for the past week and a half. Always worrying that I'm going to relapse or something, but I feel so much better. I'm not quite 100%, but getting there. Still not on any meds and still seeing the psychologist. She is working on anti-anxiety therapy.

Rants/Raves:

I can't stand that I am now analyzing every thought I have. Everytime I feel stressed, upset or anxious I'm afraid I'm doing bad again and I think too far into whatever I'm upset about. Does that make sense?
    Still missing my old, easy life, but not as much as I was.

I am enjoying my little guy so much more.

Uhhhhh.... Yeah, that's not happening. Lol

Questions for the group? Anything else.

Does anyone feel like a normal bad mood is much worse than it would be before PPD? I get worse with my house being messy and get stressed out much easier than usual.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This has been a rough one for me too. Well, just yesterday and today actually. My son is 3 months today! Yesterday I just broke down. Not sure if it's the stress about starting work (a new job. part time) tomorrow, or just general depression but I was a wreck. Went for a walk (it started raining. ugh) came home and tried to go straight to bed but husband made me talk. Helped a bit, but still struggling today. Getting super anxious about work tomorrow, and don't know how I'll cope with it. 

I'm curious about those of you on medication too. Does it seem to be helping at all? I'm still really hesitant to start medication. But part of me just thinks I need to try it. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    smdukes said:

How old is LO?

Any updates on diagnosis, medication or appointments you want to share? Psychiatrist wants to diagnose me with bipolar depression. I don't think I'm that bad. But she won't prescribe me anything unless I stop breastfeeding so now I'm trying to make the decision between ebf or switching to formula. The therapist suggested me doing something for myself, so I stayed with my parents for 4 days and went horseback riding and my mom helped tremendously. I secretly wanted to stay there longer.

I think I'm going to get a second opinion from my primary when I finally get the energy to make an appointment for my bp

I feel like I'm just stuck in this hole. Like things are progressing in the outside world but I can't seem to move forward. My anxiety has got the best of me but I'm trying to stay positive.

Rants/raves?
    I want to give my dog to mil. She had to put her dog down and loves our dog. But the real reason is that km sick of all his hair and I found a flea on dd! He just gets in the way and I tend to get inpatient with him and I feel bad

I'm really trying to be more patient and appreciate what I have!

Anyone else get a diagnosis with bipolar? I saw a psychiatrist when I was 13 who also thought I might have suffered from it but never gave me a firm diagnosis. Maybe I am in denial

It's a BOY

• Options
    @MK1013‌ - see I don't ever feel that "high". I'm almost always at a steady low. Always waiting for it to "get better". But anti depressants didn't help me. And the psychiatrist seemed pretty confident that I had bipolar. She said she knew from the moment I started telling her why I was there. I'm not against medication either. I'm almost desperate for anything to help me. But if I am going to stop bfing I just want it to be well worth it. I know that I can only take care of dd if I can take care of myself first.

It's a BOY

• Options
    For those who asked about medication, I am on 75mg of Zoloft and I think it saved my life. I was in a terrible dark place and within a week I saw a huge improvement. I now feel back to my normal self the majority of the time and don't think I'd be at this place emotionally without it. I too was very hesitant. I hate taking medicine period, and I EBF so worried about that. Zoloft is said to be the safest for bf. I noticed no difference in my LO. I would get a second opinion and do lots of research before quitting bf for a med. make sure you discuss with a pharmacist. I am so so so glad I started medication - my life became so much better and I feel like I've become the person my family deserves again.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I started Zoloft, but had bad reactions to it which aren't normal because it is known for not giving many side effects to people. My psychologist said I do not need to be medicated since I am able to eat and sleep anyway. I am breastfeeding and all of my drs said it is fine. My psychologist said that she breast fed two children on it and they were fine.
  • Options
    I have been on zoloft for 4 weeks now ( baby girl is 3 months) and I am feeling great. I am really enjoying spending time with her and feel like I have balance in my life once again. I did have side effects for the first couple weeks such as drowsiness, nausea, and headaches, this is to be expected, but they have now worn off and I am just experiencing insomnia( although this has been a life long struggle!) my little girl did decide that she no longer wished to breast feed once a doubled my dose last week to 100 mg, but I don't think that is typical.
  • Options
    @JKBMA2014‌ - I'm sorry you're dealing with all that. I used to (still can at times) relate to quite a bit of what you wrote. It's definitely not easy. Take the help from your mom and others when you can get it! It'll do wonders for you.

Also, speaking from personal experience, make sure your doctor is extremely confident in their bipolar diagnosis before starting any medications. Hell, I'd even get a second opinion if you could. The meds used to treat bipolar are rough as heck on your body and have some pretty uncomfortable side effects, especially right when starting out. I wouldn't touch the stuff unless they were pretty positive it would help, which it does wonderfully for people who truly have the disorder. I don't want you to start dumping that junk into your system, especially since you already aren't feeling great, just because your doctor jumped to a diagnosis the first time you talked to him, ya know?

I really hope they figure something out so you can start feeling better. Hugs, girl!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm on 50 mg Zoloft. I noticed no side effects at all. The only difference is that now I feel like I can enjoy my baby and I'm not feakinng out when he cries. Now I can deal with life better and can actually sleep at night instead of being up for days on end. I started it soon after he was born for anxiety and insomnia.
  • Options
    Been awhile since I did a PPD check in. So here we go.

How old is LO? 3 months!!!

Any updates on diagnosis, medication or appointments you want to share? Nothing really new. Staying on 100mg Zoloft for awhile now and feeling a bit better

Any new PPD symptoms? Any that have gone away or better/worse? No new symptoms. Have my good and bad days with anxiety. But I just have to work through that cause there's nothing that I can take for it. Dr tried an allergy med that is used for anxiety sometimes but it made me so tired for almost 24 hrs. I was a zombie!

Rants/raves? Rants: DH has house duty for the fire dept this week. So he gets outta work at 6 and has to be at the fire house from 7:30-6. And I just got done with my week for the military. No sleep straight into taking care of LO on my own. I'm wiped out.
    Raves: started my advocare eating plan back up again!! So excited! Had amazing results last time can't wait to see how I do this time. And looking forward to the increase of energy I get from eating right again.

How are you taking care of yourself this week? Back to clean eating! Gotta eat well and drink lots of water again. I was treated by my fellow army medics this week for heat exhaustion from being on the weapons qualification range all day in the sun. :( that was NOT fun!! I don't remember some parts of them taking care of me.

.... Don't know anything off hand.... So I'll just say hope everyone is doing well!!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

**Lighting a candle in memory of our angel babies and angel mama in heaven from May'14**
  • Options
    @MK1013‌ don't worry based off of what I said. I am very sensitive to medicine. I always have been and I even take a small dose of things like Benadryl and sudafed I can't even take.
  • Options
    So I have decided I am going to try the medication. I made an appointment with the psychiatrist on the 25th. I'm calling my primary and am going to try to get in to see her before the 25th for a second opinion. Dd has an appointment with a GI on the 21st and I am prepared for them to tell me she will need to be on special formula so it may all work out in our favor. She will feel better and so will I. Hopefully.

It's a BOY

• Options
    @JKBMA2014‌ - good for you! Good luck and l look forward to hearing how things go in future check ins. Hang in there!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Update: Unfortunately I was unable to get an appointment with the primary before I see the psychiatrist. The earliest they have would be September 2. So I may pick up the meds and continue BF until I speak with my primary. However, Toots has an appointment with a GI next Monday and depending on what they find, I may have to switch her to a special formula ANYWAYS which will make me feel a lot better about having to give up BF. It wont hurt me nearly as much if I know that what I'm doing is going to make her feel much more comfortable.

It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"