Attachment Parenting

Newborn carriers

Hello all! I am expecting my 2nd at the beginning of October and am really interested in finding a great newborn/infant carrier. DH and I used an Ergo with our son constantly from about 5 months on, but did not use a carrier prior to that. The infant insert seems like kind of a pain (feedback on this welcome!). Looking for something a little less involved than a moby wrap - not sure DH is up for that. We are both pretty short, and he is only a few inches taller than me, which makes sharing a little easier. Possibly interested in something like a maya wrap...a friend has one and loves it. I would appreciate any and all suggestions!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Newborn carriers

• I agree with the ring sling rec! Also, mei tais can be used legs out from the start with newborns (you can tie the carrier body to make it a bit more narrow), like BabyHawk.

With the ergo, you can roll up a receiving blanket to stick under your newborn's bum for support. Youtube has some tutorials.

I'm due in October too!! Have you checked out our BMB? :)
    imageimage
  • Thanks ladies! My main thing is that I don't want to wait until 5 months to wear her, especially with an active four year old. =) I appreciate the feedback. I'll have to check out the October BMB...I've been on the trimester boards, but they do not seem to be as active as they were four years ago. =)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • abb08 said:

Thanks ladies! My main thing is that I don't want to wait until 5 months to wear her, especially with an active four year old. =) I appreciate the feedback. I'll have to check out the October BMB...I've been on the trimester boards, but they do not seem to be as active as they were four years ago. =)

The tri boards are kind of just there for pot-stirrers, trolls, and drama. :P Come join us on O'14!

I totally agree, too. DS will be 3 about a week after my due date, and I know that I'll need to be wearing LO pretty shortly after his birth. My plan (because I can't even begin to afford one!) is to make my own woven wrap with osnaburg cotton fabric. I'm not a fan of the moby because it's too stretchy for me.

I also have an ergo and plan to do the rolled up receiving blanket trick. :)
    imageimage
  • I 3rd the ring sling suggestion! I'm a FTM but have worn my friend's baby in her ring sling and it was so easy and awesome. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • flclflcl member
    I used a Boba with my LO when he was a newborn.  The moby just took too long for me to wrap and it was a pain to reconfigure so I could nurse him in it.  The Boba worked great for us because the back is really tall, it hugged him close to my body, the infant insert (which is included) is just a "pillow" that clips in, and nursing him in it was a cinch.  I have a Tula too but its insert (not included) is a bit cumbersome, similar to the Ergo's.  My H, who is 6'4 (and I'm 5'2) uses the Boba now and loves it.  It's a great carrier. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"