July 2014 Moms

08/03 - 08/09 Track Club

It's a new week guys. If you're like me last week had a lot of learning curves & a reality check about how many steps I actually DON'T take. I'm not going to be discouraged though. I'm going to try to use the info to make this week better & to work on hitting both non-scale victories & scale victories. Speaking of the scale, mine is super crappy & I need a new one. I've been thinking about getting the scale that goes with the FitBit for a year now & couldn't justify the price. My birthday is coming up in November so I'm considering asking for one then. Does anyone have one?

My goals this week -

Steps: 35,000 +
I want to break past the amount of steps I did last week & hit the 35,000 or more mark.

Weight: 2 lb loss
I'd love to set this goal higher but realistically a 2 lb loss for the week is a great one.

Calories: Continue tracking what I eat for this whole week.
I want to be consistent with tracking & eat better foods.

August Goal: Fit into those size 16 cute jeans comfortably.
They **almost** fit but not quite. It's annoying & the muffin top is not-so-cute.

Take a second when you can to create some goals for yourself this week. Without creating clear goals we won't know if we hit or miss. We all made a lot of effort last week & in many ways we saw improvement. Let that motivate you! Don't focus on what you didn't get done...focus on what you DID get done & be proud of that.

So who's ready for a brand new week? Let's go get 'em tigers! :D

Re: 08/03 - 08/09 Track Club

• Hey! My goals for the week are:

1. Track food diligently/consistently all week
    2. 8000 steps, 3 times this week
    3. 2 pound loss

Here's to a great week everyone!

• Loading the player...
  • Hey all! I'll jump in here if you don't mind
    : )
    I'm just at one and a half weeks PP so haven't done much exercising except some walking. I purchased a Fitbit flex a couple days ago and have it linked it to my myfitnesspal account. I feel like it is racking up steps arbitrarily or maybe I am taking a lot more steps than I thought.

Goals for the week:
    Get to 10,000 steps at least one day this week
    Eat healthy foods but allow myself a small reward each day.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • So I just tracked my food for breakfast and lunch today, abs I've already eaten 1400 calories! Considering the fact that my goal is between 1600 and 1700, I need to slow that down! Yikes!

• I'd like to hop in here too! Hopefully I'll be cleared tomorrow for exercise after my c section.
    Goals
    1. Drink at least 2 Nalgenes a day.
    2. Walk for 30 minutes 5 times this week.
    3. If cleared start mommy and me yoga on Wednesday!
  • @2lacyblue I live in a rural area so I would have to drive about 15 minutes to the closest park to walk with the stroller. This week I'm going to have to make the time to walk on my mom's treadmill (they live across the street) when DH gets home from work in the afternoons & can watch the two children. I do really want to get the stroller out with my babies sometime this week though. Even if it's just to walk the mall. And I totally need to up my water intake.

• @bpaws - thanks for the suggestion! I did adjust for hand dominance but I am pretty much ambidextrous (a lefty growing up in a righty world, haha). I will switch things up a bit to see what makes the most sense.
    Formerly knittylady
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a shit week last week, so I'm setting my goals a little lighter this week.  I'm going on 9w PP and it's time to step it up.  But I have also decided I'm going to jump into some how projects as well.  And it seems that I either have time for a house project OR dedicated exercise, and not both in one day.  So, I'll need to consider that this week.

Goals for this week - 
    -C25K 3x
    -Grocery Shop - super hard to eat healthy when 90% of meals are at the drive thru or gas station
    -Pull the weeds in front beds

//

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

::formerly csmith - regular/lurker since Nov13:: 
  • BPaws said:
    My weekly goals ( you're throwing me off- I do weeks as Monday-Sunday ;)

Me too. That's how most of my training plans are done, so that's what I stick with. It all sorts itself out, though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @abundancenow‌ those are FANTASTIC goals. Thank you for the inspiration. After reading your very honest goals, I'm going to embrace it too. No more shame. Just going forward. I gave birth to a fabulous baby just 4 weeks ago. :)

• Skeemer said:
    @abundancenow‌ those are FANTASTIC goals. Thank you for the inspiration. After reading your very honest goals, I'm going to embrace it too. No more shame. Just going forward. I gave birth to a fabulous baby just 4 weeks ago. :)

Thanks @Skeemer, I keep reminding myself that my body is pretty amazing to have created life and while I may not rock my shorts in a flattering way right now, my priorities include getting more active to feel better in between keeping my baby alive. I am struggling with body shame, this is the heaviest I've been in my life and I need to learn how to wear my weight without shame.
  • abundancenowabundancenow member
    edited August 2014
    argonne said:
    Goals this week are to eat better (hello Mexican and Ben & Jerry's today), get 4-5 runs in and 2 swims in. I ran five miles today at a sub 8 min/mile pushing the stroller, so it looks like I'll be able to get my speed back quickly. I plan on a 3-4 miler tomorrow.

I am hitting 10k steps pretty easily so I have put it up to 15k. I really just need to watch what I eat. I'd like to drop about 5 more lbs.

@argonne‌, Sorry original post was eaten and then crying baby got my attention... I wrote something along the lines of how great I think it is that you can do under an 8 min mile pushing your baby in a stroller! I love how diverse the skill levels here are! I hope to do a 9 minute mile with no stroller in a few months. Keep up the healthy exercising and reporting here as inspiration to others like me!
  • Skeemer said:
    @abundancenow‌ those are FANTASTIC goals. Thank you for the inspiration. After reading your very honest goals, I'm going to embrace it too. No more shame. Just going forward. I gave birth to a fabulous baby just 4 weeks ago. :)

Thanks @Skeemer, I keep reminding myself that my body is pretty amazing to have created life and while I may not rock my shorts in a flattering way right now, my priorities include getting more active to feel better in between keeping my baby alive. I am struggling with body shame, this is the heaviest I've been in my life and I need to learn how to wear my weight without shame.

@abundancenow I'm sorry you're struggling. I've struggled with it too. More times than just right now. I was at my heaviest (except this pregnancy) a few years ago & literally cried after Thanksgiving dinner because I knew I had over ate...AGAIN. It took time but I did take off 30 lbs & it's the lightest I've been since I was 18 years old.

We're going to get there. This will be the zillioneth time I will have been there. But babies & life have a way of becoming priority over our health. But this is one step at the time & one bite at the time. We're changing how we feel about ourselves & we're going to gain the confidence back. ((hugs)) :)

• I will most likely be cleared for exercise on Wed. I'm excited because new classes begin at the gym in a couple weeks so I am hoping to join one.  Anyone like Zumba?  I'm trying to decide between that and Yoga.  I know, very different types of classes.

This weeks goals

1.  Go for a walk with kiddos 3 times this week.  I have a double stroller so I'll alternate the other two in and out for them to get some exercise as well.

2.  Make healthier food choices.  The past few days I have just been grabbing stuff to eat instead of balanced meals and healthy snacks.

3.  Lose a pound this week.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• argonneargonne member
    edited August 2014
    argonne said:
    Goals this week are to eat better (hello Mexican and Ben & Jerry's today), get 4-5 runs in and 2 swims in. I ran five miles today at a sub 8 min/mile pushing the stroller, so it looks like I'll be able to get my speed back quickly. I plan on a 3-4 miler tomorrow.

I am hitting 10k steps pretty easily so I have put it up to 15k. I really just need to watch what I eat. I'd like to drop about 5 more lbs.

@argonne‌, Sorry original post was eaten and then crying baby got my attention... I wrote something along the lines of how great I think it is that you can do under an 8 min mile pushing your baby in a stroller! I love how diverse the skill levels here are! I hope to do a 9 minute mile with no stroller in a few months. Keep up the healthy exercising and reporting here as inspiration to others like me!

Thanks! I was actually pretty shocked that I was running in the 7s since it felt like i was going fairly slow. I love that there is a running crew here. Running is so awesome no matter what your pace or skill level. It's just so great to see more people getting out there.

• @BPaws - it was smart to sign up for a race already.  Then you have a definite goal.  I'm going to look for 5K races in my area and sign up for something this week!
    //

• I did it! I made 8000 steps today!!! I went way over on calories, but I moved! Thanks ladies :)

• BPaws said:

I'm having a really bad day emotionally. I saw some pictures from DS1's birthday party. I was feeling so confident and so pretty that day, and the pictures just look awful. I look huge and wide and just overall gross. I've eaten like shit the last few days and haven't exercised since Friday. I'm operating on 2 hours of sleep at the moment and I know I won't get a run in tonight. And probably not tomorrow since it's DS1's actual birthday. Kick my ass on Wednesday to get me going, all right? It's not ok to feel like this and it won't go away if I just sit on my ass eating cupcakes.

I totally understand this feeling - I've basically felt this way for two years. BUT you have to be kind to yourself! Beside the fact that you JUST HAD A BABY, You are doing so many positive things to move toward your goal right now. It's tough, and you'll moat likely have this feeling every now and then (I know i do), but you've worked so hard, and you're certainly a great example and inspiration to many of us, including myself! I may actually met my goals this week and maybe even get my ass to the gym tomorrow night, and is because there's people like you out there showing me that if I want this, I have to go for it and stop the excuses!

All of us will have set backs, but you've shown me that consistency is key - take these two days to get your head back and get back on the horse Wednesday! :)

• @bpaws, I echo everything that @Matthew930‌ said! Enjoy DS1's birthday with him tomorrow and come back on Wednesday rejuvenated and ready to go.
    Formerly knittylady
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BPaws‌ great job!

Today has been a little miserable because the baby didn't sleep lay night at all (I just took a nap instead of walking), but I hit my 8000 step goal two days in a row and even did 10000 yesterday! I also made my calorie goal yesterday too, which is a plus. Not sure if I'll make it today, but I'll get back to it tomorrow :)

• Ugh, I did terrible the past couple of days. DD has been super fussy & DS wouldn't nap yesterday. I did fairly well on my food even though I didn't track as much as I'd like. I'm on it today. I hope to get DS out to the splash pad for a little while this morning & also get on the exercise bike for a while if both Minions act right! Lol. Wish me luck! Happy Thursday y'all. Let's get moving.

• My vice is sugary, non-chocolate candy. I can polish off any size bag of sour patch kids or skittles pretty handily.

So why do I buy crap that I know I eat uncontrollably? I keep saying that I will be better, portion everything out...and then promptly eat about 3 portions of skittles. I was doing pretty well until yesterday and just majorly went overboard for lunch today. Thank goodness my 18 cousin was here the last few days and made a huge dent in my stash and now all of the candy is gone. I am thinking that I can stay under my calorie goal today especially if i get my butt moving. All is not lost!
    Formerly knittylady
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My vice is sugary, non-chocolate candy. I can polish off any size bag of sour patch kids or skittles pretty handily.

So why do I buy crap that I know I eat uncontrollably? I keep saying that I will be better, portion everything out...and then promptly eat about 3 portions of skittles. I was doing pretty well until yesterday and just majorly went overboard for lunch today. Thank goodness my 18 cousin was here the last few days and made a huge dent in my stash and now all of the candy is gone. I am thinking that I can stay under my calorie goal today especially if i get my butt moving. All is not lost!

This is me to a T, but with chocolate stuff. I just bought a tub of trader joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups...That shit won't last two days in this house :(

• BPaws said:

I have found berries and fresh fruit help me a lot! For a "treat" I love blueberries with a little bit of evaporated milk and sugar. Mmmmmm.

I just can't view fruit as a night time snack. It just doesn't satisfy me. But some sugar free jello pudding will do me. Or would in the days of having an inside baby. This staying up all hours of the night is killing me in the snack department.

BUT, I've lost enough weight through my pregnancy with GD that I an no longer close to being pre-diabetic. Woo hoo! Gotta keep this up.

• @matthew930 - oh my Lord.  When I am in the mood for chocolate, the TJ milk chocolate peanut butter cups wreck all of my good intentions.  I have been doing pretty well with chocolate recently and DH's bag of fun size Twix bars (that he can eat in moderation) are still sitting untouched in the pantry.  Hooray for small victories!

@bpaws - No butter!  That's impressive!  I love your suggestion of the berries and fruit.  After having DD last year, I got my sweet tooth under control with fresh berries and some whipped cream for snack/desserts.  It is so much more filling than a handful of candy too. 
    I am definitely going back to that route so now I just need to go more fruit!
    Formerly knittylady
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • SkeemerSkeemer member
    edited August 2014

DS had a blast at the splash pad but we left after about an hour. Daaaaang it's hot today. Where's the 80's that we enjoyed last week around here? Anywoo, I'm about to dust off the exercise bike. Yeah...I guess I'll need to move the clothes that are hanging on it too? What a glorified closet it's been for the past year.

And for Pete's sakes people...shut your pie holes with the chocolate talk!!! Mmmmmm...pie....

ETA: I hope my sarcasm was evident here but just in case it wasn't... :)

• We are leaving for a weekend at my parents tonight, where is it 100+ (our house is 70ish on the coast and town is 80ish). I've been pulling out warm weather clothes (hellishly hot weather clothes. Whatevs) and can't find anything from PP that fits - shirts are all too baggy! (A good problem to have, but I have parties to go to!)

@BPaws‌ I hear ya on the pain. For me it's my hips! I stand up and wait until pain goes down enough to walk without looking like I'm 95.
  • SkeemerSkeemer member
    edited August 2014

@bpaws I had Vietnamese food a few years ago for the first time & we are totally hooked now. Too bad the closest one is 45 minutes away. Or is that a good thing? :P I love the chicken vermicelli. It's like grilled chicken over a bed of thin rice noodles with an amazing clear sauce of some sort. I have a shellfish allergy or I would try the shrimp version. Let me know how you like the food there.

ETA: @bpaws , DH got the bike for his birthday a few years ago from Academy Sports. It's super comfortable. We love using it...when we use it. As I said before, the amount of dust & clothes hanging on it were just embarrassing. Lol.

@2lacyblueYay for your mom! Longer sleep stretches are amazing. You will feel so much better & probably begin to eat better as a result of feeling so rested. I know when I'm tired I will grab anything to eat. My mom takes apple cider vinegar daily. It's supposed to help you lose weight but I think she takes it for the health benefits although I'm not sure what those are.  

• Skeemer said:

PEOPLE! I actually got the 30 min of stationary biking in today! This may be the first goal I've met all week. Thank Ya Jes-us-ah! <--- Old school preacher shout. :Dimage

Great job!

@BPaws‌ - Pho is the BEST cultural food invention of all time. I always get shrimp. Try it, and you'll love it (it's soup with the vermicelli noodles in it). So, so yummsie.

• I overestimated what I'd be able to get done with a newborn. I did get a thirty minute run in last night though and it felt great. I also found my fitbit and it still works after being washed and dried!

I'll be readjusting my goals for next week...
  • @tbags83 I also severely over estimated during week one of Track Club. I'm learning what I can get done & how.

• @BPaws - I'm not even bothering to track sleep right now. It would push me into depression...

• My fitbit pic below made my week. This is the first time I've hit all greens.

I finally went for a walk/jog alone at my favorite park for the first time since last fall. I remember now why I love it.

My new goal is to get out to the park 3x a week. Forget running on the treadmill and forget the C25K program. I'm better at just setting my own pace and goals once I'm out there. Also, when I hit 10k steps, I did a little dance in the middle of the park. I'm sure everyone thought I was crazy.

Congratulations! I got my first one of these the other day - feels so great!

• Thanks guys.  Today I'm super sore.  Do any of you guys have heel spurs or plantar fasciitis?  My feet hurt like crazy after working out and first thing in the morning (dr. google tells me it's heel spurs).  The only time in my life when my feet didn't hurt was when I was pregnant.  Haha.  But I think that's the only time I've ever been truly sedentary.

Any recommendations for shoes around the house?  I'm usually barefoot and the only way I'm comfortable is in sneakers, but I'm looking for something easier to slip on.  And, flame away, but I'm thinking of getting crocs.  Thoughts?
    //

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"