Two Under 2

Sleep arrangements while traveling...

In a couple weeks DH and I are taking our girls on a week long vacation. We are staying in a family members 3br condo. DD1 is 2 and DD2 is 9mo. Both girls sleep in their cribs at home and share a room. I have one pnp which the baby will sleep in, my problem is finding something for my 2yo to sleep in..? She has never slept alone in a bed, we've never coslept with her either. I can try letting her sleep in a twin bed but she is a very active sleeper in her crib so I'm afraid she'll fall out..do I buy a set of bumpers, try a blow up mattress, find another pnp (although I doubt she'll like that since it's much smaller than her crib) etc...WWYD?

Re: Sleep arrangements while traveling...

• I have a tall 2 yr. old and he sleeps really well in a pnp when we travel. Personally I like pnps because they don't take up too much space and I feel like the kids would not stay in a bed in a strange place.
    Married to E on June 5, 2010
    Gave birth to baby boy, I, on March 25, 2012
    Gave birth to baby girl, A, on May 20, 2013
    Baby #3 due April 29, 2015

Recovering from mitochondrial dysfunction and Addison's/possibly very severe adrenal burn out using food, medicine, and a large amount of garden therapy.
  • We just got back from a trip. DS 2 slept in the pnp, DS 1 had a mattress on the floor. He has a toddler bed, so he's already out of the crib, and he's currently going through a floor sleeping phase (his stuffed animals sleep in his bed- he sleeps on the floor!) so the mattress on the floor worked out perfectly. I would recommend that- she wouldn't have far to fall if she did fall off. The only worry would be keeping her in the room- would you be in there with her?
    IMG_0663
  • Loading the player...
  • kcbv123 said:

We just got back from a trip. DS 2 slept in the pnp, DS 1 had a mattress on the floor. He has a toddler bed, so he's already out of the crib, and he's currently going through a floor sleeping phase (his stuffed animals sleep in his bed- he sleeps on the floor!) so the mattress on the floor worked out perfectly. I would recommend that- she wouldn't have far to fall if she did fall off. The only worry would be keeping her in the room- would you be in there with her?

We might set her up in the room with us only because it's new surroundings, otherwise she will be in the room directly across from us with the baby. I may try a blow up mattress on the floor but since she's never slept in a bed other than her crib I'm not sure how she'll react. I may try to borrow a pnp just in case (I only have one). Thank you so much for the advice!!
  • I have a tall 2 yr. old and he sleeps really well in a pnp when we travel. Personally I like pnps because they don't take up too much space and I feel like the kids would not stay in a bed in a strange place.

Thank you! I may try and borrow a pnp just in case I have no other option! Good to know your LO is tall and still fits comfortably. I was afraid DD1 wouldn't have enough room to stretch out.
  • Get another PNP.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Get another PNP.
    This.  Borrow one from a friend or buy a cheap one. Nothing worse than your toddler not sleeping on vacay.  Been there done that last year, it was not fun. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • tamarar5tamarar5 member
    edited August 2014
    I've been lurking for months, but we are in a similar situation. D's, 18 months, will only sleep in HIS PNP, so we are borrowing one from my SIL for the new baby. Her mother picked up an extra (I think her mom now has 4 pnps for 1 grandchild) so SIL is loaning it to us.

Edit to add: for us though, containment is paramount at my in-laws house, as the steps going up to the bedrooms are not standard height and depth, and barely safe. Lol. I'm too paranoid to let DS be loose around up there.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"