Babies: 3 - 6 Months

15 week old sleep? What's normal ?

kmdendykmdendy member
edited August 2014 in Babies: 3 - 6 Months
My 15 week old goes to bed between 11pm-12:30am and then wakes up at 5 ish to feed, eats and falls back to sleep until like 8:30. She always looks sleepy around 9pm and I try to get her to sleep but it seems like she gets a second wind and wakes up. What time does your 3.5 month old go to bed for the night?

Re: 15 week old sleep? What's normal ?

• jenn43jenn43 member
    edited August 2014
    My 3 month old goes to bed between 6:30 and 7 pm.
    ETA: He sleeps until 6:30 or 7am, and wakes up once (sometimes twice) to eat.  He is EBF.
  • My DD is just shy of 3 months and goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 and sleeps until between 6:30 and 7:30, so 11-12 hours. I have heard those that are exclusively BF sleep less at night. She is combo right now, but exclusively from the bottle so i know how much she is getting to eat during the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • flclflcl member
    I think LOs bedtime is too late. At 3 months, my EBF guy was sleeping more or less from 6:30pm-6:30am with 1 wake up. Then the 4MW hit us and everything crashed and burned.
  • My Lo goes to bed between 7:30 and 8, and we wake her for the day around 6:30 since we have to get to work early. She wakes up once around 3am for a feeding.
  • Oh wow thanks for th advice! We just put her to bed when she gets tired and it seems to be around then. Weird! I think I'll try putting her down earlier tonight like 8 or 9. I am a teacher and go back to work in a week.. So I might as well try it out now!
  • One more question.. My daughter has only ever had breast milk. I breast feed and bottle pump. Is that considers ebf?
  • flclflcl member
    kmdendy said:
    One more question.. My daughter has only ever had breast milk. I breast feed and bottle pump. Is that considers ebf?
    Yes. Also with moving up her bedtime, some parents find that moving it up by 10-15 mins increments easier than an hour or two.  Every baby is different so you may have to play around until you find what works best.  GL!
  • My LO is 14 weeks and has been sleeping through the night since 10 weeks without waking for a feeding. Right now he goes to bed around 8-9pm and wakes up between 6:30-7am. He naps about 3 times during the day for 1-2 hours each.
  • My LB is the same as pp, he his 14 weeks has a last feed at 8pm/9pm depending on when he had his first feed. Will the sleep until 7, even then he doesn't want bottle until 8am! All a little too perfect ATM so worried that it will change!
  • My dd just turned 16 weeks today. She does to bed usually around 8 give or take 30 min in each direction. She sleeps solid till about 8 am. Sometimes I hear her make noise in the middle of the night but I don't get up unless she is screaming. She can almost always put herself back to bed.
  • Wow, where did you all get these great sleepers?! My ebf  5mo old has woken up 3-4x/night from the get-go. We are nowhere near sleeping through the night. She goes down 7-730 (watching sleepy cues) and gets up for the morning between 630 and 8a w/ 2-3 30-45min naps. You should consider yourselves very lucky. I'm at my wits end. I'm told this is within the wide-realm of "normal" but I sure wish she'd load up on milk before bed and sleep longer. Oh, did I mention she wont take a bottle so I get little help from DH during the night...?! Arrrrgh!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"