Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Painful gas/colic all of a sudden?

My 10 wk old started having painful gas and bouts of screaming/crying (mainly during eating but not always). He's been eating less as well. It's not all day but it certainly feels like it. The dr prescribed Panadol for pain relief and I've been using Gas drops and massage etc. I'm confused as to why this came about at 10 wks when he's never had any of these issues before. Could it be that all of a sudden his formula (which he's been in for almost 2 mths) doesn't agree with him? What are other causes of this that you may have encountered? Can this go away after a few days if he gets some relief? :(

Re: Painful gas/colic all of a sudden?

• Has the pedi ruled out reflux?
  • I would say reflux.
    All 4 of my babies were on reflux meds.
    Triplets are on it now and one was just put on at 4 mos.
    21 mo old DD had severe colic. It began at the normal time, 2 wks. U r past having to worry about colic:)

No periods due to 17 years of ballet and distance running after college.  Zero response to 2 months of Clomid, little response to Letrozole.  IUI left with 9 cysts = too many viable eggs due to age.  On to IVF.  Low dose of all meds still produced 37 mature eggs 12.6.11.  Froze due to overstimulation.  

FET #1.1 1.22.12 BFN.   FET #1.2 2.22.12=GRACE! (and a vanishing twin).  

Grace Katherine born 10.25.12 @ 36w6w 6#14oz 19.5".
    FET #1.3 3.2013 BFN FET#1.4 4.2013 BFN. Never tried a fresh transfer.  Let's try, despite 10 still frozen.  
    ER 6.26.13 27 mature eggs, slight overstim. ET   7.1.13 ectopic, FET 2.1  9.10.14   TRIPLETS!!  

Boys born 3.18.14 @ 29w5d.  Andrew Jack 3#6oz 16", Grant Robert 3#9oz 16", Charles Phillip 3#7oz 17".

• Loading the player...
  • I'll ask the pediatrician about reflux. Stupid question-but doesn't reflux imply that he's also spitting up/vomitting? He was better after 1.5 days and I'm still stumped as to why that behavior? Wine did the Panadol in combination with Ovol drops but honestly I think my holding him and rocking him during all his naps those 1.5 days helped. He seemed like he really wanted to be held and close to me :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"