Trouble TTC
Options

*Benched Check-In*

**This will be my last time hosting this informal check-in (for now, at least). If you'd like to take over, please let me know.**

~ Welcome to "
The Bench" ~

A place for those of us who have to delay IF treatments, for whatever reason! If you've been responding to this check in already, just let us know how you are doing!

Newly Benched? Welcome! Here's some questions for you below

1. What brings you over to the bench? 

2. How long will you be staying with us?

3. How do you feel about being benched?

QOTW: More of a request - tell me the best and worst part of your time on the bench so far.
Married in 2006, TTC since Dec 2012
Unexplained IF, Hypothyroidism

IUI's 1 - 3: Femara + Ovidrel = BFN
IUI's 4 - 5: Femara + Gonal F + Ovidrel = BFN

IVF Jan 2015. 21R/18F/15 still growing on day 2
Transferred two beautiful embies on day 2, beta 1/29

Re: *Benched Check-In*

• Options
    I thought AF had started on Monday - but she has yet to fully reveal herself. Feels like a long period that hasn't even started yet!! I can't wait to move forward with our next cycle... first time I've wanted AF in almost 2 years!

QOTW: I've felt surprisingly stress free for the majority of our 2 month break! But ordering my meds for this cycle has made the last few weeks crawl by so slowly... I'm starting to get obsessed again. Trying to remember the good attitude I've had recently and not fall back into my frustrated/depressed funk.

• Options
    Thought my period was going to come full force today, but it hasn't! I just want it to come so I can schedule my ultrasound and get this shit going again (sorry for the cursing I had a horrible day and cursing makes me feel better :) )

More of a request - tell me the best and worst part of your time on the bench so far.
    Best: I got to save a ton of money YAY
    Worst: Not knowing what is going on in there and having no idea when AF will show up. 

Me: 33, DH: 32

TTC: 2 years
    Fertility blood tests all normal
    Tilted uterus
    3 day ultrasound 17 follicles
    HSG: 11/13/13- tubes open
    DH SA: SUPER sperm (145 million, 84% motility, 22% morphology)
    All infection disease and immunity blood tests NORMAL

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd cycle benched due to cysts - TI with OPK tests -  BFN

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

JANUARY SIGGY CHALLENGE...This is so me!

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

Never thought I would like long hair....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    wanderlust508wanderlust508 member
    edited August 2014
    1. What brings you over to the bench? 
    ***Newly benched here.  I'm awaiting surgery at the end of the month (laparoscopic removal of fibroids).  So it made sense to take a break from fertility treatments this month.  

2. How long will you be staying with us?
    ***It should be about 3 months after surgery (give or take a month).  

3. How do you feel about being benched?
    ***I've made peace with it.  I am starting to feel good about taking a step that could ultimately be what I need for the fertility treatments to work.  

Edited to answer QOTW:  I'm pretty new to the bench but I'd have to say the worst part is feeling like there's no chance this cycle whatsoever.  On the other hand, the best part is being able to drink and enjoy other things that I'd given up during medicated IUI cycles (coffee, sushi).  
    **Formerly EastBayBride508**

Me 34   Him 33

Me - Left salpingo-oophorectomy at 19 due to large cyst/torsion  and 2 large uterine fibroids found at age 30
    Him - Borderline low sperm count (correcting through Fertility Blend supplement)

Married 8/20/2011
    TTC #1 since Jan 2013
    First appointment with RE 10/2013.  
    April 2014 - Clomid 100mg CD3-7.  HCG shot CD10 IUI #1 done on 4/12/14 (CD12) ....BFN
    May 2014 - Break cycle to repeat saline sonogram and re-group.  Travel to Kauai 5/7-5/12 (Yay!!)
    June 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD4-8.  HCG shot CD14.  IUI#2 done on 6/9 and 6/10 (CD15-16) w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW .... BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 150mg CD3-7.  Ultrasound CD12 - 4 mature follies! HCG trigger shot CD12 AM.  IUI#3 on CD13 w/ Prometrium suppositories during TWW ....BFN
    July 2014 - Repeat ultrasound done to measure size of fibroid - 8x9cm (the size of a grapefruit!) Surgery referral made.
    August 2014 - MRI done which revealed 2 fibroids: a 13x15cm fibroid as well as an 8x7cm one.  Super freak out mode over surgery plan.  OB-GYN/surgeon said surgery would most likely have to be a laparotomy (open abdominal surgery)
    August 2014 - After a 2nd opinion, plan to take Lupron x 2 months to shrink fibroids then laparoscopic/robotic myomectomy.  Surgery date is set for Nov 21st!  
    November 2014 - Robotic myomectomy done (2 large fibroids removed, mild endo found).  Benched x 3 months

PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options
    thanks @GinnyJones82! I'm still over here waiting for AF, but I hope for each of you that your time on the bench passes quickly!

• Options
    Still bench till next AF...just playing the waiting game.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"