February 2015 Moms

NT appointments here!

I like reading about everyone's NT appointments but they are all over. Post them here so I can read them all :-)

I don't have mine until August 15th!

Re: NT appointments here!

• HailsMomHailsMom member
    edited July 2014
    Had mine this afternoon. I was so nervous about it I almost canceled. I just knew that we were going to either find something seriously wrong, or find out I had lost the baby since my last appointment. It was such a reliefe to see it jumping around and waving. To bad it was being stubborn and the tech had a hard time getting the measurements she needed. Also found out I have an anterior placenta again. :(

overall it was a good appointment though.

Edit: added thought
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Feb'15 November Siggy Challenge:
  • JsRib said:
    I like reading about everyone's NT appointments but they are all over. Post them here so I can read them all :-) I don't have mine until August 15th!
    I'm scheduled the same day as you!
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• Loading the player...
  • Mine is a week from today. It will be my first ultra sound so I'm very excited along with nervous and worried. I just want to see that the peanut is really in there.
  • suitup said:
    Mine is a week from today. It will be my first ultra sound so I'm very excited along with nervous and worried. I just want to see that the peanut is really in there.
    Me too! I can't wait and I'm also super nervous
  • Mines August 15th too. This will be the 3rd time I get to see the baby. Can't wait.
  • Mine is on Monday! I'm just looking forward to it as another ultrasound. Hopefully I'll get a picture this time since the printer had just broken before my ultrasound last week. I saw a very wiggly, healthy little baby then and I'm hoping everything will be the same...but a bit bigger. :)
  • I had mine last week but he/she wouldn't get in the right position for a measurement and I had to go to work. The u/s tech wasn't concerned- said it was "thin" and said it was optional to come back. I declined and moved forward with the blood test part.
    Me: 34 DH: 34
    Married 3/22/14
    Baby #1 GIRL EDD 2/4/2015
    FVL/History of PE/Gallbladder removal 8/7/14 @ 14w1d
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Had mines this morning. Everything was normal. I saw my LO ☺️. I was just so amazed at how big he/she looked. I'm only 11weeks. I could have done without my blood being drawn but hey.
  • Mines on mon too! Super nervous not sure why though.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had mine on Monday. It went really well! I got the results SUPER quick, on Wednesday. 

Ultrasound: Healthy singleton pregnancy. Heart rate 155, good movement. My placenta is located in the front (anterior), which surprised me. I guess it might be longer for me to feel the baby kick, but that's OK. NT measurement was 1.5 mm. Baby dated 12 w 5 d by CRL and 12 w 2 d by LMP, so we are more or less on target.

Blood test: After my blood tests were done, my risk for downs or trisomies was calculated to be less than 1 in 10,000. I'm very happy with these numbers!

Overall, I feel so much more confident after both my 12 week OB GYN appointment and then the NT screen. Hopefully the anxiety can come down for a while in 2nd tri! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mines Aug 20th. I'll update after :)
  • mands1125 said:

I had mine last week but he/she wouldn't get in the right position for a measurement and I had to go to work. The u/s tech wasn't concerned- said it was "thin" and said it was optional to come back. I declined and moved forward with the blood test part.

My U/S tech at my appt this week said that they can pretty much tell just by looking if the measurement looks good or not, but that sometimes babies are too squirmy to get an accurate measurement, that that's what takes so long sometimes!

• Mine was this past Mon. Good heartbeats and measurements for Baby A and Baby B. Baby B kept putting their hand on their face. lol. My MFM took a look and gave me a guess on the sexes based on what he saw. He thinks Baby B is a GIRL! Baby A he couldn't see, because of how the baby was positioned. We will see if he is right maybe on the next appt at 16 weeks.

I also got the Harmony test done since I am AFM. Results will be here in 10 days.
    TTC since May/June 2012 
    Sept 2013 testing:
    SA #1 Low motility (17%) 
    SA #2 Lower sperm count, but much higher motility
    CD 3 Bloodwork and ultrasound - Normal HSG - Clear tubes 
    Oct/Nov 2013 Cycle 1 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN  
    Nov/Dec 2013 Cycle 2 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    Jan/Feb 2014 Cycle 3 with RE 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI BFN 
    2/20/14 Follow up consult RE recommends IVF with ICSI 
    3/10/14 New patient consult with RMA NJ 
    3/11/14 AMH and other Bloodwork to prep for IVF with ICSI at RMA NJ
    3/28/14 Saline Sonogram - All good
    March/April 2014 IVF #1 Antagonist Protocol
    BCP/Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelix
    4/16/14 ER 26 Retrieved!!!
    4/17/14 Fert Report 22 Mature 21 Fertilized w/ ICSI
    4/22/14 Report #2 15 BLASTS
    5/24/14 FET!!!  (Transferring 2 snowflakes)
    6/2/14 Beta #1 575!!! :)
    6/4/14 Beta #2 2060!!! :)
    6/11/14 1st Ultrasound...Saw 2 Gestational Sacs!!  Beta #3 34,312!!! 
    6/18/14 2nd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 112bpm Baby B 117bmp <3 Beta #4 172,080!!!
    6/25/14 3rd Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 150bpm Baby B 158bpm <3 Beta #5 232,134!!! 
    7/3/14 4th Ultrasound...Heartbeats!! Baby A 173bpm Baby B 162bpm <3 Beta #6 269,228!!!
    Graduated from RMA!!  First appt with OB 7/8/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image image
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Maple403- if you don't mind me asking...how old are you? I would LOVE to get 1 in 10,000 results!
  • I'm wondering if it's even possible for someone my age to get results that great
  • @Ameikle I'm 32. I was really surprised with the low numbers too, the numbers started off around 1/500 and then with the blood work and NT measurement dropped down to 1/10,000.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Is 1/500 the standard for age 32? It's crazy how much the risk changes after 30, for my last pregnancy I think it started at 1/3000.
  • @Lrjjj08 I'm not sure if it is the standard risk. It was the starting risk they assigned me based on my age, ethnicity, family background, etc. We have no family genetic risk factors, as far as I know, so it's probably the starting risk for a white 32 year old.... just a guess though.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @Maple403‌ thanks for the update. Mine should be the same as yours, so that's nice to know going in.
  • Mine is Monday, will be my first ultrasound and I also have to get the cell free DNA bloodwork (Harmony, Materni21) due to a normal chromosomal variant my mother carries. I'm am absolutely terrified for some reason!
  • Thanks Maple! I'm 32 as well! I was too afraid to even try because I heard I'm like 1:700 because of age so I figured it'd be even worse. I had a positive quad with my first so I'm still a little scarred.
  • I posted about mine in the appointment check in but hey, I'll take any excuse to AW this little cutie pie again! Our appointment was Tuesday and measurements looked great! No word back from the bloodwork part of it but the doctor told me not to expect a call unless they find something, so no news is good news for me! Heart rate was 167 and he's measuring 4 days ahead of where our dating ultrasound put him! Here's my dramatic little guy with his legs crossed and his hand resting on his forehead :)
  • Mine was yesterday... Baby was not cooperating, but we were finally able to get measurements. Results were a little thick so we opted for Harmony to get more info. It was great seeing such an active baby... :x . We go to the OB next week, and then back to the MFM in 4 weeks for anatomy scans.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • Mine is on Monday. Looking forward to see the baby again. Heard the heartbeat yesterday with the midwife.

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Had mine last week at 12 weeks. Took an hour and three tries baby was in the wrong position!! Got my results today, am considered "low risk". Hope yours goes well in August x
  • Mine is done and it all looks good :)
  • Mine was today and I was so nervous. It was at our last NO scan where they found baby #2 to have prune belly and no developing kidneys. :( this time it was great! Baby was sleeping then he started poking around and wouldn't stop wiggling and moving lol! It was amazing and I was crying of relief. Measurement was 2.1 but he said everything was off to a very good start and I cannot believe we have a healthy baby so far!!!!! I'm so happy. :) my mom and brother joined us and it was just awesome. You guys have kept me sane and distracted thank you!!
    "As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen." -Winnie The Pooh

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't have mine until Aug 13!  I'm not sure I can wait that long lol!
  • Mine is on Aug 6th. So I'll update then :) I'm so excited to see LO
  • Mine is August 12th! So nervous I can't stand it!
  • I go for our test this Wednesday! I'll be sure to post. It's great to see that I am not the only anxious one. I'm just excited to see the baby again :)
  • My nt scan was today and everything went perfect. Baby is healthy! They did lab work but dr said should come back fine! Dr says he is 98% sure it's another boy! Praying for all of you to have healthy results!!!!
  • Ours was today. Baby looked great. :)

DS - Born 6/17/12 

DS#2 - Due 2/11/15

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Mine was today and everything looks great so far.  Now I feel like I can let myself get excited about this pregnancy. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My NT scan was this morning. It took about 30 minutes and a lot of prodding to get LO to cooperate for measurements. The tech only got one but my dr said she was happy with it. It was so amazing to see little legs kicking and arms stretching :) Heartbeat was 160 and baby was measuring about 4 days ahead but not enough to move due date. We decided to do the Panorama test and the carrier screening mainly because it was offered and within budget (only $170 out of pocket). Plus it will make me feel better to have more good *fingers crossed* test results in just a couple weeks. The cherry on the cupcake would be the early sex results but I would have done the tests without this little perk. :) Heres a picture of baby at 13w2d but measuring 13w6d
  • Our NT scan and meeting with geneticist was yesterday. Baby was not cooperating and snuggled in a little corner with it's back to us the majority of the scan.

We did have a brief moment where he/she was wiggling all around and waving little arms and legs which was hysterical but all our pics are of a little back, no profile. Totally ok with that as everything looked good and they got the measurements they needed! HR was 166.

I should get the results of my bloodwork in a week to 10 days, they are just doing a karyotype and as long as that's good no more testing (Panorama, etc).
  • Had mine yesterday. NT was 1.45 they said that was great as they want it below 3.  Blood work was done 2 weeks ago so I was able to get my results right there. 1 in 7200 for downs and 1 in 10000 for trisomy.  Feel so much better now.  Got to see the LO.  They had a hard time at fist getting a good look because it was dancing around to much.  It was so great to see.  Looked like it was doing a robot dance.  Got some great pics of the baby waving at us and they found a strong HB of 169 which we got to hear for the first time.  Got to speak with my Dr. about some few concerns in regards to C-sections.  I had commented on a previous post that I had surgery as a child and my scar is exactly where they would need to cut if I needed a c-section.  I was concerned about built up scar tissue and pain.  He said that scar tissue actually stops growing shortly after surgery.  Therefor I would have the same amount as someone who had a c-section last year so it would feel no different for me at all.  Made me feel so much better.  I will also be getting an extra late 3rd trimester US due to risk of a sleeping baby.  My mom had three sleeping angels due to rapid aging of the placenta and placental abruptions.  My dr said he'll give me an extra US around 30 wks just to make sure everything is good.  Said it wasn't genetic and he wasn't too worried though.  Told us we can start telling the world as and i really excited for us!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I had my nt scan yesterday. I didn't think I was going to have one and I was kind of on the fence about whether or not I wanted to do it, but I am glad they had me signed up for one anyway. The measurement was great, though baby didn't want to cooperate and was sleeping through most of it. The tech was able to get a good measurement eventually. I had bloodwork and in four weeks they will take more. They called this a sequential screening. Is that what you all have had? I didn't know the process was so long.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"