Infertility
Options

~~August Tropical Ovaries Check-In! 7/31~~

gsanchogsancho member
edited August 2014 in Infertility

Welcome to the August Tropical Ovaries Check-In!!!  Check-ins will be every Monday (by ronniesgirl1981) & Thursday (by gsancho).  

This is a check-in for those who are doing IVF/IVM or FET with an ER/ET scheduled for August. If you are interested in joining, please fill us in on your cycle below.  Please include what cycle number this is for you, where you are in the process, when you expect to start stims, and when you're planning on retrieval and transfer.  (Also, please update us along the way!)

Badge link: https://i61.tinypic.com/34zll06.jpg

QOTD: Are you more into of a winter/snow fan or do you enjoy the heat?

BETWEEN ER/ET

Canuck13 IVF#1

Cindal IVF#1 (natural cycle) 

alpCRNA IVF#1 

tifga IVF#1

FET Cycle

Aimothy FET#1

gsancho FET#1

LundleBean FET#1

MeatandBandP FET#1

sunshinedaisies000 FET#1

TheNaijaGal FET#2

Stimming/Priming/Monitoring

aliciafiggy IVF#1

angjohns99 IVF#2

AMShark IVF #2

ashlee IVF#1

AshleyS131 IVF#1

AuroraP725 IVF#2

Buttmonkey34 IVF#1

calbiz IVF#1

CML11 IVF #?

LeggyJeggy IVF#5

LuBirdie IVF#3

ronniesgirl1981 IVF#2

Prep (CD1/Lupron/Waiting on CD1)

Andy99 IVF#1

blueeyes233 IVF#3

CaringCat IVF#3

Frenchteachermama IVF#1

heatherrb23 IVF#1

hmz819 IVF#7

Kinderteach78 IVF#1

ktabs IVF#1

Lesliem0901 IVF#1

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)

Re: ~~August Tropical Ovaries Check-In! 7/31~~

• Options
    Hi ladies!!!  Sorry I was MIA for a few days and slow to update everything.  I was on vacation and online access was less frequent than expected...but 13 hours of driving later, I'm back!  Let me know if I missed any updates...I'm still a little out of it.

AF started yesterday - more than a week late, but I'm hoping it doesn't throw off my calendar much since I've been trucking along on Lupron and E2 patches.  I think adding on the E2 patches and lower lupron levels brought AF.  

QOTD: I don't mind the hot summers too much, although I wish we lived a little closer to where we could do more hiking in the summer like we did the last few days...driving 12+ hours for it is a bit tiring.

• Options
    Are you doing this all by yourself?!?!?!?!?! 

If I get my desktop out of storage this weekend, I'll take one of the days!!!
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    gsanchogsancho member
    edited July 2014
    Ah!  Meant to add...if anyone wants to help with the check-ins, sweetsurrender had bow out.  It's not a huge group, and I don't mind doing it.  But it would be helpful to have someone, even periodically, for times when I'm traveling.  

@ronniesgirl1981 If you want to do Mondays, that's great!  

• Options
    @gsancho I'll PM you over the weekend.  I should be able to get it up and running!
    TTC since 08/2012

• Options
    I had a hysteroscopy and D&C yesterday.  I'm SO grateful for my RE calling in a favor to keep it so that I can stay on schedule to be an Tropical Ovary.  The polyp was removed, everything cleaned out and we are good to do.  I started Lupron shots last night too!  Baseline will happen in a week!  

QOTW: I hate winter.  I live in MN, where this year it was decided that the average temperature should be -50 degrees. BLAH.   But I hate heat too.  I just can't be please.  75-80 and sunny, with a cool breeze, please!
    Siggy/Ticker Warning

IVF #1: August 2012 Lupron Protocol | 8R 8M 8F |Transfer 2|BFN
    IVF #2: April 2014 Antagonist Protocol|12R 11M 10F|Transfer 2|BFP | m/c 5.8.14 
    FET#1: Transfer Day 8/29 | BFP | Beta 1: 302 Beta 2: 732
    U/S shows two beautiful heartbeats at 122!!
    Lost Baby B at 9 weeks 
    Baby A is our stubborn little fighter with a heartrate of 169!

Team BLUE!

• Options
    @Buttmonkey34  Thank you and good luck on Thursday!
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • Options
    @alpcrna - 8 fertilized is awesome!

@Aimothy - hope you feel better soon.  Polyp removal can be rough stuff.  

@Buttmonkey34 - only another week to ER! :-)

AFM: On bcp, nothing exciting happening until baseline on 8/13.

QOTW: Spring/Fall are my favorite seasons 65-70F would be perfect for me, but I would take the snow over heat any day.  
    Melissa - 36   DH - 42
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PCOS, MTHFR, MFI
    TTC # 1 4+years
    6 months Clomid/Unmonitored TI with GYN
    1st RE visit Jan'11
    7 Clomid IUI's 3/11-3/12 - 4 with DS
    8/11 Clomid/IUI/DS - BFP!  MMC 8 weeks D&C 10/11
    4/12 Moving on to IVF!
    8/12 IVF/ICSI 16R/6M/5F 5DT of 2 blasts, froze 1 BFP! Heart beat at 7wk us! MMC 9 weeks D&C 10/12
    1/13 FET Transferred our 1 frozen blast - BFN
    6/13 IVF/ICSI 27R/17M/7F 3DT 2 embryos, froze 1 hatching blast - BFN  
    11/14 IVF 33R/28M/20F (12/16F DH/ICSI, 8/12F DS/Natural) - 5dt of 2 morulas - BFP! 
                   Beta 1 12dp5dt - 162
                   Beta 2 15dp5dt - 414  
    image  image
  • Options
    ashleeashlee member
    Hello! Can you add me to this group? Today is my 7th day of stims and my first IVF cycle. My retrieval is supposed to be early next week. At my baseline there were 10 follicles. However, at my 6 day scan yesterday, I only had 5-6 growing follicles, so my RE said that I need at least 5 to keep growing in order to move forward with retrieval. I will find out tomorrow. Praying that God will work all this together for good. 

Me: 32, DOR and mild endometriosis
    DH: 34, perfect

SEPT 2013 - Lap to diagnose and remove endometriosis
    NOV 2013 to MAR 2014 - 3 cycles of injectables + TI, all BFN
    AUG 2014 - IVF #1: 5R, 4F, All made it to blast, 5dt of 1, 3 frozen, BFN

• Options
    edited July 2014
    So...I still have 13 trying to do something.  On day 6, my largest is 11.  The NP this morning said that everything looked fine and that she was happy that they were all growing together.  Of course, I'm all stressed out now. 

When the nurse called with instructions, I'm at 300 Gonal F and 150 Menopur.  I asked her about my concerns that not much was growing.  She said they were "not too concerned" about this and then said there were "no worries." 

Do you they realize how much we hang on their every word?!?!?! 

Next monitoring is Saturday.

ETA: I love the fall!
    TTC since 08/2012

• Options
    CindalCindal member
    edited July 2014
    alpCRNA Congratulations on your eight embies!
    ER without anethesia is horrible. Never ever agree to doing this. I feel like slapping my doctor for comparing it to a simple iv. I'm a pretty tough person when it comes to pain usually and I was quickly reduced to a sobbing, shaking mess. Hours later there is still some residual shaking that comes and goes. The bad news is they were only able to retrieve one egg.
    BUT the good news is  is that one egg is mature and as of a phone call a few seconds ago fertilized with ICSI. We have our little acorn for the moment. They tell us they're going to call us everyday, except for Monday (something about the 4th day doesn't show much to any growth?), to keep us updated on its progress. Tuesday and transfer day cannot get here soon enough. I'm going to be waiting on pins and needles for every phone call, for every hour that I can breath just a little sigh of relief.
    ETA the QOTD: If I had to choose I would probably choose snow. Neither one is great. I'm super susceptible to the heat but I also suffer from arthritis. At least in the snow I'm not a sweaty sticky dizzy mess.

TTC since March of 2012
    Me: 27 Dh: 35 Testing Begins 3/5/13
    Six SA's show DH has low numbers across the board = severe MFI
    Genetic testing for me = MTHFR+, also carrier for blood clotting disorder Otherwise all else normal
    Dh's karotype= Normal!!
     Mini-IVF/ICSI - July -August 2014 - 1R,M,&F Transferred 1 Grade 1 Morula-5dt - BFFN

• Options
    @Cindal  That sounds awful!  I guess since it's a mini IVF and they wouldn't have to get tons of eggs, he figured it would be fine...but yeah, that sucks.  But it's great you got a little embie!

@ashlee I got you added!

• Options
    @Cindal - Holy crap! You agreed to do an ER without anesthesia? I was always so sore after mine I can't imagine knowing what is going on during the actual retrieval.  Good luck with the transfer next week! Hopefully you have a strong embryo growing.  
    Melissa - 36   DH - 42
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PCOS, MTHFR, MFI
    TTC # 1 4+years
    1st RE visit Jan'11
    4/12 Moving on to IVF!
    8/12 IVF/ICSI 16R/6M/5F 5DT of 2 blasts, froze 1 BFP! Heart beat at 7wk us! MMC 9 weeks D&C 10/12
    11/14 IVF 33R/28M/20F (12/16F DH/ICSI, 8/12F DS/Natural) - 5dt of 2 morulas - BFP! 
                   Beta 1 12dp5dt - 162
                   Beta 2 15dp5dt - 414  
    image  image
  • Options
    Hi ladies. I'm on my 10th day of stims, with 4 follicles measuring: 22, 17, 16, 14. I believe that today is going to be my last day of stims with hcg trigger tomorrow and ER on Sunday. I'm pretty nervous with so few follicles and have to pray that quality over quantity wins out...QOTD: I HATE winter/cold/snow and LOVE summer and warm weather!

Me: 37 | DH: 41
    TTC Since 2011 DX: Unexplained 
    IUI's #1 - 3 = BFN
    IVF August 2014: FSH 4.1, PRL 15.3, TSH 2.1, W/ AFC 8.
     08/03 ER 5R, 4M, 3F. 08/08 5DT of 1-3AA0, 2 frozen :) bfp @9dp5dt. Beta on 08/20 = 414.
    So excited to have one little bean on the way!!

• Options
    tifgatifga member
    Had another ultrasound this morning as it sits right now we should get 10 follies on the day of retrevial which is going to be Sunday.
    My clinic does pain killer and a seditive for ER which I'm glad about the idea of general freaks me out. I even started crying when I was told I had to use it for my wisdom teeth removal.
    Does anyone know how the trigger works? Me and husband thought there was a burst of growth at the end but I have no idea. I'm using pregnyl if it matters.

QOTW: I love fall and winter. Not because of the cold because I am so cold blooded I am never warm in winter but because the darkness, I love the long dark gloomy days! All this sunshine is really depressing to me .
    me 33- everything looks good
    mister 34- PCD zero motilty 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IUI#5 April 6th prometrium-BFN
    IUI #6 cancled ovulated too early
    IVF# 1 July
    ER: Aug 3rd: 18R 15M 14F
    10 embryos frozen
    ET: Oct. 7th 1x5BA blast-BFN
    ET: Jan 9th 1x3AA blast- Beta 1/21

imageimageimageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @tifga - The trigger will mimic the normal LH surge that happens a few days before ovulation.  There is a bit of growth happening, but mainly it completes the maturation process and starts loosening the eggs from the follicle cavity so that they are easier to retrieve.    
    Melissa - 36   DH - 42
    PCOS, MTHFR, MFI
    TTC # 1 4+years
    1st RE visit Jan'11
    4/12 Moving on to IVF!
                   Beta 1 12dp5dt - 162
                   Beta 2 15dp5dt - 414  
    image  image
  • Options
    I had my first scan yesterday, and she measured 2 follicles on each side: 7, 10, 7, 9
    I'm trying not to read to much into that just yet.  Tonight will be day 6 of stims, and I'm adding a 3rd vial of Menopur to the 300 units of Gonal F.  I'll also start Cetrotide tonight.  I started on 25 units of Omnitrope (HGH) on Tuesday, and and continue with that with high hopes.

I haven't the foggiest when ER will be, but I expect I'll have a better idea after tomorrow morning's scan.

QOTW:  I think I like both.  It's a good thing I live in NJ, because just when I get really sick of shovelling snow, Spring usually arrives.  And when I've had my fill of hot and humid days, its time for Fall.  Wait, maybe I just like Spring & Fall best?  There's something I enjoy about all four seasons - I don't think I'd like to miss any of them.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @cindal You are my new hero. There's no way I'd do ER without anesthesia. I'm glad that the one they got fertilized, I'll be sending you lots of growing vibes! Rest up!
    Siggy/Ticker Warning

IVF #1: August 2012 Lupron Protocol | 8R 8M 8F |Transfer 2|BFN
    IVF #2: April 2014 Antagonist Protocol|12R 11M 10F|Transfer 2|BFP | m/c 5.8.14 
    FET#1: Transfer Day 8/29 | BFP | Beta 1: 302 Beta 2: 732
    U/S shows two beautiful heartbeats at 122!!
    Lost Baby B at 9 weeks 
    Baby A is our stubborn little fighter with a heartrate of 169!

Team BLUE!

• Options
    @cindal I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with ER.  I was nervous enough going into knowing I was having anesthesia.  I would have been a complete basket case in your shoes.  Keeping my FX for your embryo to keep growing and lead to success.  Will be thinking about you on Tuesday!
    Me 27 DH 29 Married since 2007, together since 2001
    Off BC since Febuary 2006 3 Clomid Cycles in 2008- symptomatic, US just showed a tilted uterus, otherwise normal, HSG normal.  DH has an ejaculatory duct obstruction and a congenital absence of the vas deferens.  This is common with cystic fibrosis carriers, but he doesn't have cystic fibrosis. IVF #1 with TESE/ICSI (Antagonist protocol) Aug 2014=BFN (poor embryo quality)   IVF #2 ICSI long lupron protocol November 2014
    imageimage
  • Options
    ChristieH917ChristieH917 member
    edited July 2014
    I am with @Aimothy...  @cindal You're my hero!  

@ashlee Welcome!!

@alpCRNA Congrats on your embies!

AFM, I have no idea where I am anymore.  I am on Prometrium, but AF arrived today.  I called into the office but I haven't heard anything as of yet.  

QOTD:  I am a winter girl.  Give me snow and cold any day over the heat.  
    I am 37 and DH is 40
    10/2012 Start TTC
    09/2013 Finally got to see the RE 12/2013 HSG-both tubes clear
    01/2014 Large Cyst Removed along with right ovary and tube
    04/2014 2nd HSG-Remaining tube damaged/blocked
    05/2014 Testing cycle and BCP to prep for IVF
    06/2014 IVF cycle #1 is scheduled cancelled due to low estrogen
    07/2014 Started Estrace to help with my estrogen issues
    08/2014 IVF cycle #2 is scheduled delayed
    09/2014 IVF cycle #2 is scheduled failed- 6 follicles, 1 retrieved, 0 fertilized
    10/2014 WTF scheduled for 10/22 and second opinion scheduled for 10/10
    11/2014 Moving on to the new RE!  
    01/2015 IVF cycle #3 is scheduled delayed
    02/2015 IVF cycle #3 is scheduled

• Options
    ktabsktabs member
    I am a summer/spring kind of girl! I love anything and everything in the water :) It's cool in a Texas this week which is very unusual... My pool is too cold for me to jump in for a quick swim! I have my first baseline test tomorrow along with a sonogram and begin Menopur... I am nervous because I have felt fine on Lupron and hear that Menopur is less than pleasant. I go to Gulf Shores with family this next week and hope I am not miserable! At least we rented a house on the beach so I can practically crawl to the water if I need to :)
    PAIF
    pregnant after round 2 of IVF. Transferred 2 embryos and (surprise!) was pregnant with triplets. Identicals passed at 8 and 10 weeks. Still have one healthy baby boy with EDD of July 30!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ktabsktabs member
    PAIF
    pregnant after round 2 of IVF. Transferred 2 embryos and (surprise!) was pregnant with triplets. Identicals passed at 8 and 10 weeks. Still have one healthy baby boy with EDD of July 30!

• Options
    calbizcalbiz member
    Hello!

To be in line with everyone else (I added my first comment to the 7/28 thread on yesterday) thought it best to re-post my last update on check-in day.

8 measurable follies (mostly 12-10) and some little ones (which is good for me). E2 is just under 300.

@ashlee‌ It seems like we started stimming on the same day. Which protocol are you on? I am hoping for a retrieval early next week, def will ask the nurse tomorrow. My next monitoring appt is in the morning.

QOTD: I despise very hot weather, which is weird for a person originally from Mississippi. Living in Chicago now, fall is a certainly my fav season. Love sweaters! :)
  • Options
    @tifga‌ We both have ER Sunday, good luck to you!!!

Me: 37 | DH: 41
    TTC Since 2011 DX: Unexplained 
    IUI's #1 - 3 = BFN
    IVF August 2014: FSH 4.1, PRL 15.3, TSH 2.1, W/ AFC 8.
     08/03 ER 5R, 4M, 3F. 08/08 5DT of 1-3AA0, 2 frozen :) bfp @9dp5dt. Beta on 08/20 = 414.
    So excited to have one little bean on the way!!

• Options
    Today was mock transfer for me! If you didn't see my Holy Moly post, it wasn't very pleasant! They found a large cyst on my ovary, so they are keeping an eye out. I have one more week of BCP and my first lupron appt (that what they called the first monitoring after I finish BCP) next Friday. I also have IVF class tomorrow with my hubby :D I should start stims on aug 11th, if everything stays on track!

QOTD-
    I am not a fan of heat and sweating ! I prefer spring or fall. I would take snow over heat any day! Living in northern Virginia (and being a teacher) and getting snow, usually means a day off for me! Who doesn't love snow days and cuddling on the couch??! ;;)
    ***BFP warning***
    Me (36) and  DH (34) married August 2010
    TTC since January 2010
    HSG in July 2011 found uterine polyps
    Surgery Sept 2011 to remove polyps
    Tried Clomid (monitored) Oct-Feb 2012
    Consult with RE April 2012
    Diagnosis ~ unexplained infertility
    May 2012 IUI-BFN 
    April 2014- IVF consult with RE
    May 2014- baseline~21 follicles, High FSH and estradiol
    IVF #1 Aug 2014~Lupron trigger protocol (Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide)
    Stimmed for 9 days, trigger on 8/20~ 32-36 follicles seen, 16 measured on each side
    ER~ 8/22 ~ 36 follicles retrieved! 21 Mature, 17 ISCI'd
    8/27~Day 5 transfer of 2 BB blasts, 1 to freeze
    9/9~ BFP!! Beta #1- 978
    9/11~ Beta #2- 1965
    9/15~ Beta #3-7480
    1st ultrasound 9/24

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

• Options
    Today was my 3rd scan and day 13 of stims. E2 is at 922. I guess I still have 2-4 follies on each ovary but only one is above 12 and its 14.3 so I have no idea how the others are progressing. Apparently they're making the new nurse make all the calls and she is not helpful at all. I go back in on Sunday again so we'll see. I just ordered 2 more gonalf pens. I'm so glad we're not OOP this year for all of our meds because the gonalf would now be over $10k alone for just this cycle!

I like mild temps for sure. I don't like the heat or the cold, but I'm in New England so I put up with it.
    ****************SIGGY WARNING****************

TTC since 2011
    DH: 29, Severe MFI; grade III varicocele; surgery postponed till KU
    Me: 30, POF/DOR, factor II hetero, MTHFR homo
    5 IVF's, LLP, EEP, MDLF all BFN
    IVF 6 using DEB USA frozen eggs
    developed bilateral PE's from BCP, cancelled/delayed 6 mths, taking lovenox
    Feb'15 SURPRISE 1st BFP ever! EDD: 10/10/15, FX
    Still have frozen donor eggs on ice
    All are welcome!
  • Options
    @alpCRNA‌ Congrats on a great fert report! Hope you get some awesome growing embryos.

@Aimothy‌ I'm glad your surgery went well and you can move on so quickly. I hope this cycle is successful for you.

@Buttmonkey34‌ Good luck with your ER next week!

@Cindal‌ That sounds like an awful ER experience :( Keeping my fingers crossed your one embryo grows nice and strong.

@Canuck13‌ and @tifga‌ Good luck with your retrievals Sunday!

@Kinderteach78‌ Good luck this cycle. How exciting!

I had my baseline appt Wednesday and my nurse called to say everything looks good so I started Lupron tonight. I will add Follistim and Menopur starting Saturday. Had a bit of a crisis the last 2 days when I didn't think I would be able to get my meds. I was on the phone for hours between the insurance, the pharmacy, and the dr's office. FINALLY got it all straightened out today, which is great because we have to go out of town this weekend and I didn't want to leave without my meds. Ugh stupid insurance. The bad news is we've already hit our lifetime max allowance for benefits, so everything from here out will be OOP. Not excited about that.

QOTD: I love the heat! Give me summer over winter any day. :)
    Me - 32 H - 32
    Married July 2009
    TTC#1 since Feb 2013
    RE consult Oct 2013 due to short cycles/light periods
    Dx: Diminished ovarian reserve/unexplained thinned uterine lining
    IVF#1 May 2014 - Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix - 7R 4M 3F - 1 frosty (4AB)
    IVF#2 August 2014 - Lupron/Follistim/Menopur - 9R 4M 0F
    IVF#3 w/ICSI September 2014 - Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix - 4R 4M 4F - 1 frosty
    FET#1 Dec 2014 - Lupron/Estrace(transdermal and vaginal)/Viagra/G-CSF wash - Cancelled due to poor lining response
                                       Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
                                             Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • Options
    @alpCRNA - Congratulations on your fabulous fertility report!!

@Cindal - I will be in the same boat as you it seems.  My clinic does not do anesthesia for ER at all.  So now I'm more nervous that I already was, because I don't have a tolerance for pain AT ALL!!

So I have my first sign that AF is on her way...  sore boobs this morning!!!!   
    \:D/  I can't believe I'm actually this excited for AF to start, but I want to get this process going now!!  I'm not the most patient person on earth...

QOTD : Give me Summer over Winter ANY day!!  I hate being cold and the gloomy days are just depressing!!

TTC since 2009

IVF/ICSI #1 - August 2014  Failed
    3 Mature Eggs - No fertilization

IVF/PICSI #2 - September 2014  BFP!!!
    Beta 26/09 = 22, 29/09 = 82, 3/10 = 906 
    First scan 17/10 @ 6w3d

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    heathereb23heathereb23 member
    edited August 2014
    RE appointment Monday and starting stims on Wednesday! My meds arrived this week. My goodness there was a lot of stuff in that package. I guess I have everything now except the hcg, which my insurer's specialty pharmacy group couldn't send directly over state lines because it's considered a controlled substance in NY? Or something like that. It should be coming from another place, but everything is paid for. Grateful that meds are covered and my copay wasn't too bad. I'm so ready to get this show on the road!

QOTW: I don't like being too cold in the winter or too hot in the summer, I guess more of a fall and spring girl. But I do hate waking up and going home in the dark in the winter, so I would pick summer between the two.
  • Options
    @ktabs where in TX are you?  I am loving the cooler weather!

• Options
    @Andy99, I'm so sorry I've made you more nervous, I know that's not helpful. The good news is that all though the pain is pretty dang intense during the procedure. It drops off dramatically once they've finished. Then you just feel sore, a little crampy and ,for me, very nauseous and shakey.

TTC since March of 2012
    Me: 27 Dh: 35 Testing Begins 3/5/13
    Six SA's show DH has low numbers across the board = severe MFI
    Genetic testing for me = MTHFR+, also carrier for blood clotting disorder Otherwise all else normal
    Dh's karotype= Normal!!
     Mini-IVF/ICSI - July -August 2014 - 1R,M,&F Transferred 1 Grade 1 Morula-5dt - BFFN

• Options
    Fort Worth! I love it, too! I want my pool just a tad warmer though :)
    Where are you?
    PAIF

• Options
    @ktabs Dallas :)  Hey neighbor!  

• Options
    tifgatifga member
    edited August 2014
    @Canuck13‌ I hope your ER goes well! When are you doing your transfer? BTW I love your picture. ( I really wish I could figure out how to get the @ to work instead of just copying and pasting)
    I went in this morning for ultrasound and blood test and to get my pregnyl trigger. Apparently they had remembered to check that everything is free of gluten but had forgotten I have asthma she said it is no problem just they can't give me both the sedative and the pain killer because one of them (she didn't say which) would cause an asthma attack so they will just give me more of the other. 
    I have 25 follicles today but only about half are 1.5 and over, is this normal? 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IVF# 1 July
    10 embryos frozen

• Options
    @calbiz Yes, I think we did start stimming the same day! Eight follicles is great! I am currently on 300 follistim/150 menoupur/lupron, but they have increased my follistim up from 100 originally. I was so relieved to have 6 progressing follicles at my appt. this morning, so my cycle won’t be cancelled. They said I *might* have retrieval on Wednesday.

Me: 32, DOR and mild endometriosis
    DH: 34, perfect

SEPT 2013 - Lap to diagnose and remove endometriosis
    NOV 2013 to MAR 2014 - 3 cycles of injectables + TI, all BFN
    AUG 2014 - IVF #1: 5R, 4F, All made it to blast, 5dt of 1, 3 frozen, BFN

• Options
    gsancho said:

@ktabs Dallas :)  Hey neighbor!  

Oh well hello! I am actually in Southlake/Keller but I have family in N Dallas near NP mall. What part of town are you in?
    PAIF

• Options
    Hi all,

Starting my first IVF cycle! I have my first ultrasound tomorrow before starting Follistim, probably tomorrow night.

Good luck to all!
  • Options
    LuBirdieLuBirdie member
    edited August 2014
    Had second US today after 7 days of stimming. I think the follies are growing uneven. My dr in town said they look fine, but RE nurse out of state is concerned. They can't be too concerned if they are all taking the day off and said they wouldn't get my results til tomorrow and will call me with the plan on Sat. Even though I'm leaving town on Sun. This is crazy not knowing. I'm checking on airlines now to see if its even an option to change my flight without some ridiculous change fee. Anyone else have/had uneven growth and what did they do? They are measuring at 20, 13, 11, 9, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4. Im assuming small ones wont make it. Its bad enough that we have to deal with the woes of infertility, but its like adding insult to injury when even the IVF process isn't foolproof.... follicle growth, cancellation threats, reactions to meds, slow responders, betas.... ETC!
    Thinking of all of you too! Stay sane and breathe...
  • Options
    My follicles also grew unevenly. I have 5 that are mature right now, 8 that are close and 12 that probably won't make it. 
    So stressful not letting you know until the last min what is going on.
    Fingers crossed. 
    TTC#1 using donor sperm
    IUI#1 Dec 2nd-BFN
    IUI# Dec 28th-BFN
    IUI#3 Jan 26th-BFN
    IUI#4  Feb 26th-BFP
    mc March 2014
    IVF# 1 July
    10 embryos frozen

• Options
    @ashlee I am doing 375 follisitm and 150 menopur plus ganirelix. Congrats on a good visit today! They can certainly be a source of stress. Hoping those 6 follies are bad ass and uber strong!

I too have a tentative retrieval date of Wednesday. Can't wait to be off the stims. Feeling like a beluga whale on land. Wondering how the ladies with 20+ follies are able to keep moving?! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"