Potty Training
Options

Goes to potty on own, but won't make stop in the morning

DS pretty much has the hang of going to the potty when he needs to. Our only slight hold up is that he's not as used to pulling up and down underwear. So, so far I've been letting him go bottoms-free and working on pulling up/down pants.

He may have a bit of a sleep debt, and is not the most cooperative in the morning. He loves the Henry DVD and we've talked about how Henry goes in the morning. But, I can't talk him into it- not even for a prize.

Suggestions? He is still in his PJ's and pull-up in his room...

I guess I could try a chart, but I don't know if that would work right away.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Goes to potty on own, but won't make stop in the morning

• Options
    LisadiLisadi member
    P.S. I tried talking it up, that maybe he won't make anything, and that's o.k. But that's it's healthy for his body to try in the a.m.
  • Options
    LisadiLisadi member
    Offered to read a book, have him play with toy there, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does he sleep in a pull up? He may pee in it early in the AM and just not need to go. This is the case with my DS. We started PTing 3 weeks ago & he's doing great, but he does not pee first thing in the morning. Usually it's half an hour to a hour after breakfast before he'll do his first pee. I hope that helps! :)
  • Options
    Thanks, yes.
     He sleeps in a pull-up. 2 mornings it was dry. This a.m. it was wet, but that was because it would have taken forever for me to convince him to sit on the potty. I gave him breakfast and took a quick shower.
     So, yes, that helps. I'm still trying to figure out how often to ask him to go vs. how often he goes on his own. Maybe I'll just stick to before we leave the house, and leave the 1st morning right after wake up out for now.
  • Options
    Oh, and I take his diaper or pull up off as soon as he's up from sleeping or a nap. He either goes bottomless or in underwear. That way his choices are either go in the potty or have an accident. That seems to help. He's only had 2-3 accidents in the past week, so he's definitely getting the hang of it. Good luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"