October 2014 Moms
Options

I feel like I got scolded on my u/s report!

I had a second follow up u/s to make sure my placenta was still behaving and wasn't low lying or previa.  Quick back story, at my 20 week it was "very low, borderline previa" so I have a follow up at 24 weeks.  That report came back as no issues, placenta was not low lying at all.  My OB still wanted a follow up at 28 weeks, fine.  So I just got the report today and the notes say, "placenta anterior well away from cervix as on prior u/s of 6/27/14 at 24wks at which time placenta was also documented as no longer low lying."

I know it isn't bad, but I sort of feel like I just got told "we told you so" on that report!  I didn't question my OB when she told me to do another scan at 28 weeks but I did wonder why since the 24 week scan showed no issues...oh well, hopefully she felt like she got scolded too!  Not that I didn't enjoy seeing LO again, but it takes a few hours out of my day and I'm so busy at work right now I could have used that time. 

No point to this I guess...just wanted to share a story!
Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

Re: I feel like I got scolded on my u/s report!

• Options
    Yay for seeing baby again!
    The nurse at my GD test scolded me for not fasting longer while my doctor (5 min later upstairs) scolded me for fasting at all since she told me I didn't have to! Ehhh will you two speak to each other?!?!?!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Definitely sounds like the u/s people were telling your doc "told ya so", ha.  That's great that everything is still all good though!
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad you got to see your babe. And really glad everything is fine.

At least you are getting scolded with a healthy baby, I guess. But they should really control their judgements.
    ~First time mama, strikingly handsome husband, comedic pooch, krumpin' baby girl on her way~

• Options
    Glad LO and your placenta are looking good. I hate the feeling of being scolded at the doctor's. I kind of felt this way when I called for the results of my first ultrasound after finsing out LOs kidneys were enlarged. Apparently 3 days wasn't enough time for the report to get to my OB and I didn't know the process so I asked the nurse if she could read the results to me. I got a call from my OB the next day and she made me feel kinda dumb for calling and asking. Saying she doesn't permit her nurses to read radiology reports before she's seen them (which makes sense) but I didn't know... it was my first time! So I feel your pain. :-S

*January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails*

imageimageimage

• Options
    I don't see any scolding here..most "follow up" radiology reports reference to the previous exam readings. Glad to see your placenta is in a good place.
  • Options
    My 24 week scan didn't reference the 20 week scan at all, hence the scolding :)
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    edited July 2014

My 24 week scan didn't reference the 20 week scan at all, hence the scolding :)

That still doesn't make it a scolding. Perhaps a different radiologist reviewed and his/her procedure is to reference previous findings. It could go back to how s/he was trained. I was trained to always review and reference any previous findings that triggered the f/u when producing reports. Especially if there's a concern insurance will not cover the scan or test.

It sounds like you almost want to believe there's a scolding taking place? Maybe there's a tiff between your ob and this radiologist, but it's honestly common procedure for f/u reporting.
    Loss Blog (finally updated)

imageimage
    5 cycles of "TTC" - 3 intentional, 2 not so intentional.  5 BFPs.  My rainbow arrived 10/15/14.
    TFMC 08.02.13 at 19+ weeks. Everyday I grieve for my little Olive.

• Options
    Ummm...no?  It was just a random comment.  When I read the report it felt to me like a "we told you so" like I mentioned.  I know it wasn't but I still thought that.  I didn't know it was common to reference prior scans since I didn't have multiple follow ups with DD.

Mostly I thought it was sort of funny - like telling my doc to stop ordering redundant tests and me to stop having redundant tests.
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    Might feel like a scolding, but glad there aren't any issues with your placenta!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with pp, a lot of times imaging studies will reference back to previous studies.. and its just common practice.. :) but I can see where it could be interpreted that way ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"