September 2014 Moms

~~Unpopular Opinions~~

Share your opinions that will make me say...

imageimage

Re: ~~Unpopular Opinions~~

• Loading the player...
  • maggrit said:
    Android > iPhone 
    Vodka > Whiskey
    Sand > Snow

...I'm so tired...and reaching a little here. come on, coffee. 
    sooo you wanna go on a date later this week? cuz I love you <3

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • kmbk27kmbk27 member
    On that note, Mac > PC. I bought once of the models in 2009 - the white MacBooks that came out before all the MacBook Pro/Air etc. Thanks to me continuously beating it to high hell for five years, it is starting to slowly die on me. I know I could replace it with a PC for wayyyyy less than it'll cost to even buy a refurbished model of my current Mac, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• maggrit said:
    maggrit said:
    Android > iPhone 
    Vodka > Whiskey
    Sand > Snow

sooo you wanna go on a date later this week? cuz I love you <3
    :D absolutely! as long as ice cream is involved. 
    skinny dip good enough?

• kaleb87 said:
    I live in Indiana and this week the temperatures have been low 70s. I am so sick of people complaining about how cold they are and that they are breaking out hooded sweatshirts. I just want to say hello do you not remember the last winter we had? Now that was cold! Also it could be triple digits right now, um no thanks. Also my feet and ankles are loving this weather. I can actually figure out where my leg ends and my ankle begins.
    Yeah you need to tell your Indy peeps to shut da eff up. It's July. I'm from STL and we've been having 80-90 degrees all month and people are still complaining - I mean seriously? It's July in the midwest, and it's not 100 with a heat index of 115 due to humidity. SHUT UP.

• I have actually had my air off and windows open.  It has been absolutely beautiful in mi.  This is my kind of summer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • maggrit said:

Android > iPhone 

Vodka > Whiskey
    Sand > Snow

This makes me cringe. Except the sand>snow part. That's that shit I like.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• kmbk27kmbk27 member

I don't want help from anyone except DH after I come home with baby. The thought of my mom coming over everyday to help makes me cringe just thinking about it. Don't get me wrong, for those of you that want the help, I'm happy you have people willing. It's just not for me.

Cheers to that.

^^^ September Signature: TV series I plan on binge watching with my newborn I do what I want. ^^^

image    image

<3 Gage Douglas 09.04.2014...my sunshine after the rain.

• Related to weather and temperatures- I'm currently of the opinion that car dealerships should ALWAYS have all the parts to fix the a/c of any model car they make or have ever made. Camping in 102 degree weather without a/c in the car to catch a break from the heat is not fun when you're 30 weeks pregnant. And driving an hour and a half to the nearest dealership (who claimed to have the parts) that couldn't fix the problem was not my ideal way to spend a morning. (This happened last week, which is why I haven't been posting. No reception or wifi in the middle of nowhere.) And also, tent camping is way too much work at this point so I think it'll be awhile before I do that again.

image Baby Girl born September 23, 2014

• I don't like Starbucks. There. I said it. I normally go to Dunkin Donuts and for a specialty coffee I will go to Panera (love their Caramel Iced Latte).

• If one more person (including DH) says "oh you are so cute when you waddle" I am going to throat punch them. I realize they think they are being nice, but cute is the LAST thing I feel right now.

At least he says something...mine just stares and giggles. Or agrees with me when i say i feel huge...and then says "but the good kind of huge..."
    {Me:27, Dx:PCOS, LPD, & rob(14;15)}
    {DH:31 all clear, "super sperm"}
    Ecstatically married July 30, 2011--TTC since Jan 2013:::Baby #1 due 9/11, Conceived on cycle #5 of Femara + Hcg + IUI
    ~Love and Light to everyone~ 
    image image
    My furbabies--Mr. Bubbles and Miss Kitty <3
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

image image
  • I find it hard to believe delaying cord clamping actually makes a difference.  This is the blood that has been pumping through them for 9 months how is it any different than the blood they already have?

• @NClady89  Bless you. My FIL can't handle his 7 year old. He can't even handle feeding her a meal or being home alone with her for more than an hour or two before MIL's phone starts going off about what he's suppose to do with her.  He has ALWAYS been this way, and it's sad because the kid just wants him to pay attention to her once in a while. 
  • I find it hard to believe delaying cord clamping actually makes a difference.  This is the blood that has been pumping through them for 9 months how is it any different than the blood they already have?
    That's the point. The blood that they have is constantly flowing in and out of them through the umbilical cord and into the placenta. By cutting the cord at birth, you are cutting out up to 1/3 of their total blood supply because it doesn't have a chance to return back to the baby. If you delay clamping and allow the blood to pulse back into the baby you are giving them as much of their blood supply as possible. Delayed cord clamping is now being advocated by several major organizations as the new standard practice.
    So after labor the placenta is only pumping blood in and not out of the baby?  I would think it just continues to exchange you wouldn't actually be getting any more blood.

• NClady89 said:
    I think if a parent is at home they should have their child with them. I don't mean that parents shouldn't have a break I mean when it's everyday you leave your child with someone else because your SO doesn't feel they can handle it.

Example: My friends sil leaves her dd with her mom while she works and her husband is at home because he feels like he can't handle her. It's your kid,you made it, raise it.
    Does he work from home? Because I can totally see not being able to handle trying to work FT and be a SAHD at the same time. Otherwise... yeah, I'm with you. Learn to "handle it".

OTOH, I think kids should go to daycare or preschool or something, with other kids and someone other than their parents in charge. Or else how are they going to learn socialization, playing well with others, and respecting authority figures? I know someone whose daughter insisted that she didn't have to listen to her kindergarten teacher b/c she wasn't her mom and I just. No.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• It makes me cringe when ppl make license plural. Someone saying I'm going to get my license tomorrow, I have to get "them" before ____
  • @trebekastan‌ is my new ob.
    And @crystalangel79‌ , I now have totally different feels about you based on your hatred if my favorite things: coffee and stuffing.

BFP: 09/13/13  ---  MMC: 10/25/13
    BFP: 12/25/13  ---  DD: 09/10/14
    BFP: 03/16/15  ---  EDD: 11/30/15

• @trebekastan thanks, this is helpful!  I stand corrected, I didn't really see how it worked when i was looking into it.

• It makes me cringe when ppl make license plural. Someone saying I'm going to get my license tomorrow, I have to get "them" before ____

Like when they actually mean more than one license, or when they're doing it mistakenly?
    No not meaning more than one, mistakenly making it plural. Like just a drivers license
  • JustCricketJustCricket member
    edited July 2014
    It makes me cringe when ppl make license plural. Someone saying I'm going to get my license tomorrow, I have to get "them" before ____

I hate when people say "I'm going to Walmarts" or whatever store and add an s at the end. Unless you are going to multiple Walmart locations you are not going to "Walmarts"
    I hear it a lot with Victoria's Secret.... umm since when did that store EVER have an S a the end? The only exception I can think of is Ruby Tuesday which used to be Ruby Tuesday's (or was it Tuesdays??? either way it sucks now)

eta- am I imagining this shit now? because the internet is leaving me lost and I see no Ruby Tuesday with an S... I SWEAR it used to have an s and they dropped it when they became more 'fancy'

I hate when people say "I'm going to Walmarts" or whatever store and add an s at the end. Unless you are going to multiple Walmart locations you are not going to "Walmarts"
    I hear it a lot with Victoria's Secret.... umm since when did that store EVER have an S a the end? The only exception I can think of is Ruby Tuesday which used to be Ruby Tuesday's (or was it Tuesdays??? either way it sucks now)

eta- am I imagining this shit now? because the internet is leaving me lost and I see no Ruby Tuesday with an S... I SWEAR it used to have an s and they dropped it when they became more 'fancy'
    _________________ Im confused... It IS "Victoria's Secret" as in a possessive secret. The secret that belongs to Victoria. Are you saying people drop the s mistakenly?
    No, people say Victoria's Secrets. As in she has multiple secrets. 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

_________________ Im confused... It IS "Victoria's Secret" as in a possessive secret. The secret that belongs to Victoria. Are you saying people drop the s mistakenly?
    people say Victoria's SecretS

• @trebekastan I did read it increases the risk of jaundice but that is the only bad thing I have read.

• @trebekastan I did read it increases the risk of jaundice but that is the only bad thing I have read.
    Yeah, I think I've read maybe 2% increase. Still haven't figured out why that would be. Let me know if you get a reason. I just read something saying they are working on studies linking delayed clamping to mental acuity later in life. Something to do with increased iron stores.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Tomatoes.  They are only good when they're the fried green kind. 

• NClady89 said:

I think if a parent is at home they should have their child with them. I don't mean that parents shouldn't have a break I mean when it's everyday you leave your child with someone else because your SO doesn't feel they can handle it.

Example: My friends sil leaves her dd with her mom while she works and her husband is at home because he feels like he can't handle her. It's your kid,you made it, raise it.

Does he work from home? Because I can totally see not being able to
    handle trying to work FT and be a SAHD at the same time. Otherwise...
    yeah, I'm with you. Learn to "handle it".

OTOH, I think kids
    should go to daycare or preschool or something, with other kids and
    someone other than their parents in charge. Or else how are they going
    to learn socialization, playing well with others, and respecting
    authority figures? I know someone whose daughter insisted that she
    didn't have to listen to her kindergarten teacher b/c she wasn't her mom
    and I just. No.

No he isn't working from home they work opposite shifts so he really is just putting her off on his mil because he feels he can't care for her. I agree with you about kids needing socialization though even if one parent doesn't work.
    These people aren't my family but my friends and she was ranting about it and I agreed with her.

• slowmoslowmo member

@trebekastan I did read it increases the risk of jaundice but that is the only bad thing I have read.

Yeah, I think I've read maybe 2% increase. Still haven't figured out why that would be. Let me know if you get a reason. I just read something saying they are working on studies linking delayed clamping to mental acuity later in life. Something to do with increased iron stores.

Just a guess here, but extra blood from placenta --> more red blood cells to break down --> more bilirubin than baby's immature liver can break down --> jaundice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"