November 2014 Moms

Anyone waiting for Black Friday??

For any of your major baby purchases? I'm a FTM so have never looked at the Black Friday sales in mind-are there good deals out there? I'm due closer to the start of the month but starting to ponder if waiting might be worthwhile for a couple things (crib, glider). Anyone else considering this??

Re: Anyone waiting for Black Friday??

• I live in Canada and while I live close enough to the border that we have black friday too, it's not as good as yours. Anyway, it all depends on your plans on where the baby is doing to sleep :) I thoroughly used my glider (I actually have a recliner) so I don't know if I would wait for that
  • I'm considering waiting until black Friday OE cyber Monday to order my city select double stroller.... I'm so anxious though and who knows if it will even go on sale!
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • jj0313jj0313 member
    @mrsodonnell12‌ have you checked amazon yet? I got my city versa on there after noticing there was one option being sold by amazon that was out of stock but significantly less than the others. I purchased and it came in stock within a couple days. Not sure if it was a fluke or not but I got it for $229 when regular price is $399 and I'd never seen it anywhere less than $315.
  • jj0313jj0313 member
    @Maelara‌ good call on the glider-I don't want to wait for that.
  • jj0313 said:

@mrsodonnell12‌ have you checked amazon yet? I got my city versa on there after noticing there was one option being sold by amazon that was out of stock but significantly less than the others. I purchased and it came in stock within a couple days. Not sure if it was a fluke or not but I got it for $229 when regular price is $399 and I'd never seen it anywhere less than $315.

That's amazing!!! I check amazon daily and I will continue to do so. Thanks for the heads up!
    Mom to Carter, Kendall, Kiersten and Baby O #4

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been researching cloth diapers like crazy and am quickly becoming addicted to all the cute patterns. If we have styles that are working well by then, there could be a lot if online shopping happening! And some of the items you don't need until later, certain toys, maybe a high chair or other solid food related items, those may wait for Black Friday too.
  • ColtiersMomColtiersMom member
    edited July 2014
    Thats actually a really good idea and I thought about all the great deals but never for baby stuff. We need a double stroller and Black Friday sounds like the perfect day to get one cheap. Thanks for the idea!
  • Carebella said:

I've been researching cloth diapers like crazy and am quickly becoming addicted to all the cute patterns. If we have styles that are working well by then, there could be a lot if online shopping happening! And some of the items you don't need until later, certain toys, maybe a high chair or other solid food related items, those may wait for Black Friday too.

I got close to half my daughters cloth diaper stash on Black Friday! Granted that was a few years ago, but it was awesome!! :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker

DBG wife, Pre-Med student, and Scentsy Certified Consultant
  • I may get some baby stuff, but I'm really planning on doing the vast majority of my holiday shopping online on Black Friday.
    BFP 2.22.14 | EDD 11.2.14 | DS 11.7.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lesliegolemlesliegolem member
    edited July 2014
    After reading this post I got super excited for Black Friday! Then I realized like others I am due before then on 11/14 so yea...no way I'll be dealing with it. I'm sure my husband will be too tired to go somewhere for me. Maybe if my sister goes out I'll ask her to look for something? Sometimes the deals online are really good too so if I'm not so sleep deprived and I can function on a computer maybe I'll order some things that way  But if I was due after Black Friday I'd be majorly excited! :P
  • I'm due the 23rd (Sunday before TG) so I highly doubt we'll be doing our usual black Friday shopping. However DH is already planning to hit up the cell phone deals. We are both in serious need. I'll keep a watch and if there are any other can't pass up deals he'll probably try to grab those as well. Plus my SIL goes every year so she would pick things up if I asked her and the store was one of her stops.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No, I don't need much and I'd rather just know the things are here.  I'm also planning on being done with Christmas shopping before the baby is here (I'll probably have a c/s the week of November 17 sometime).  So if I buy anything on BF or that weekend, it'll be an online deal for something I want, not need or anything.
     TTC #1 since June 2008
    M/C @ 6 weeks 12/31/2008, Ectopic @ 6 weeks on 4/23/2010
    Diagnosed Unexplained 11/2009-DH is fine-I don't get AF
    Cycle #22 - 1/27/11 - IUI #1 & Injections - BFP! - DS born 11/11/11 
    TTC#2 - 2/24/14 - IUI & Injections - BFP! - EDD 11/29/14
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @missnacholover‌ my due date is also 11/11!
    I'm an avid Black Friday shopper. From pre-planning when the ads first come out online to waiting in lines at 4-5 pm thanksgiving day. This year I'm just basing it off of how I feel and if the deals are even worth it...but I won't be waiting for baby purchases. If I do go out it will be for good Christmas deals for hubs and DD #1
  • DH is a big Black Friday shopper.  If his family is in town, I am sure he'll be itching to go with his sister.  Which is fine by me as long as it's not like a 14 hour deal. 

• Im actually due on Thanksgiving so I really dont see myself doing any black friday shopping.  However, they are already planning on inducing me before then.  I could see some cyber monday shopping going on but I think we would like to have things pretty much together before then.  I think with Christmas coming not that long after she is due, I will want to leave some things for other people to buy her.
  • I'm not waiting because it's just cutting it too close. I don't want to be dealing with shopping and assembling while I'm 9 months pregnant or with a newborn. I have found PLENTY of good deals but just keeping an eye out so there was no need to wait.
  • This is a really good idea since I don't want my crib to be delivered to us until Jan anyway... if we buy it for Black Friday on Sale that could totally work!!
    Thanks for bringing this up!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

• My DH and I have been picking up a few things monthly, so we won't be waiting until BF or CM, plus I am in Canada, so we don't really have the  giant BF sales like they do in the states.

If anything, I am hoping some of my favourite cloth diaper retailers have a CM sale, so I can get more diapers :)
    Kaitlyn - born November 7, 2014
  • rox825rox825 member
    Normally I *love* Black Friday and go a little crazy.  But since I'm due at the beginning of the month I don't plan on waiting to buy anything, and I imagine I'll be too tired to head out early that day.  However, I can't wait for Cyber Monday and am hoping to find some good deals on Christmas gifts and some of the baby stuff that we won't need right away, maybe some toys, clothes in bigger sizes once we know whether baby is a boy or girl, etc.  Bring on the deals!!

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• edited August 2014
    I don't know where I saw this, but don't a lot of places do Labor Day sales on baby items? I'm wondering if I should wait on some of the big items until then? 

I really can't see myself waiting as long as Black Friday. I don't participate in it to begin with, and certainly won't be doing it right after giving birth.

• I don't do stores or shopping on Black Friday unless I am at work. The savings really aren't that better and often times the best deals are in late October through early to mid November. Plus I really don't like the crowds or traffic. I don't do cyber Monday because I am not really into online shopping.

I didn't wait for the big purchases with my son. I had the crib ordered at about 6 months, and picked up things slowly throughout my pregnancy. But aside from the crib, nothing was really that expensive.
  • I'm an avid BF shopper. Love those deals! But not doing it this year. Money will be really tight after the LO arrival(most likely at the end of October with a scheduled CS). My due date is November 7th. I would love to wait and get some stuff for baby but I don't thin not will happen
  • I got my City Mini GT this way -- last season's color or something. So it's grey with a little crimson, instead of crimson with a little grey. I saved $125.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"