1st Trimester
Options

Buying baby things? Too soon??

Brideashley24Brideashley24 member
edited July 2014 in 1st Trimester
I am almost 6 weeks pregnant... And my husband and I have some extra money saved up now... Is it too early to start buying things for the baby??

Re: Buying baby things? Too soon??

• Options
    Good point. Did not really think about how emotional that could be! Thank you!
  • Options
    I bought 2 little onesies, that say "best daddy" and something else on them, for my husband and plan to give them to him soon; but other than that I'm not buying anything. We have a history of loss, and if something goes wrong, I don't want boxes of stuff to remind me of that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't bought anything and I am around 13 weeks. however, I have boxes and boxes of stuff that people brought me when they found out I was pregnant. I have it all stored in the nursery, I probably wont buy anything until after 23 weeks when my husband gets back from working away.
  • Options
    I would only buy things if you find a really good deal. You will likely have a baby shower and receive presents and people tend to give you hand me downs too.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought a few little things as soon as I found out I was having A boy(even though it was a maybe bc it was a dating us at 16 weeks.. I was a little late figuring out I was pregnant lol)

But no big ticket things until I was about 25/30 weeks
    Supermom to my beautiful boys Troy Marshall and Griffin Xander 

Living the dream with my wonderful man :)
  • Options
    I didn't buy anything until I was 22 weeks, even then I didn't necessarily "want" to for the fear of something bad happening. But I knew I couldn't wait forever lol.

I would keep the money you have saved, maybe by the time you're farther along you'll have more saved as well? People will probably also offer you hand me downs like crazy and if you have a shower you'll get more gifts/money too.
    ----

• Options
    I just don't see the point. One, I'm too superstitious and freaked about another loss, and two, I like to wait until we find out the sex so I can buy gear I like best for either sex.
  • Options
    Save the money for when buying stuff makes more sense.  Chances are you haven't even been able to process what you might need or want so don't waste the money now.  Money in the bank is never a bad thing.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I might start stocking up on diapers and wipes. I get coupons all the time for diapers, and I have a bogo, buy diapers, get wipes for free. So I may just start buying those when I have coupons for them.
    Hannah

Nov'12- Started TTC
    Sept-Dec'13- HSG, 2 IUI's, DX PCOS
    Jan '14- IUI#2=BFP!!
    Mar '14- M/C @ 8w2d when I should've been 9 weeks. D & C 3/7/14
    May'14- Started Pregnitude
    June'14- BFP! (Naturally!!) Beta #1 (4w2d)=78, Beta #2 (4w4d)=219, Beta #3 (5w0d)=785

BabyFetus Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BLPL101BLPL101 member
    edited August 2014
    Buy stuff whenever you want to. My mom started buying clothes for my DD when I was only 10weeks. It was fun!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Give me the money to hold for you until the perfect time.  Or, start buying things when you want.  I second getting stuff when the deal is just too good to pass up.  
  • Options
    We waited until about 16 weeks and then started buying things we could get great deals on. We bought the crib at about 20 weeks for half price and the stroller system for 25% off. My mom has also been buying clothes like crazy since we found out she is a she.

I would personally not wait until after your shower to start buying stuff, unless your shower is super early. Mine was at 32 weeks and I got a lot of stuff off my registry, but not nearly everything we need. I would have totally stressed out if I'd needed to buy a huge amount of things at that point.

Pregnancy Ticker

Zoe Nicole: 8/21/14

Due again: 1/17/18

• Options
    It is up to you but I personally waited until after a healthy NT scan at 12wks. Like others said god forbid you lose the pregnancy, would having baby stuff around upset you?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"