Stay at Home Moms
Options

What Would You Do?

We have a neighbor who lives downstairs from us who has a major drinking problem.  Apparently several years ago he crashed his car into the fence in our alley and he has been known to pass out in the front yard, on our steps, etc.  Up until a few months ago they had a family car that his wife always drove, but just recently they bought a second car which he now drives.  Today I was outside with the kids playing in the sprinkler and he pulls into the garage, comes out to the yard unable to walk straight and slurring his speech, gets half way through the yard at which point his pants fall down to his ankles, he stops to pull them back up and continues walking.  I got his plate number and called 311 which is our non-emergency number, they said the next time I see him getting into his car and he's been drinking call 911.  I will call of course if he appears drunk, but what if I can't tell, should I still call?  I only ask because in all of the 7 years we have been living here, there's only been a few times where he seemed sober, he's almost always intoxicated.  Plus his wife was out there screaming at him recently and threatened to call the police because apparently his license has been suspended, that would be a reason to call regardless right?   

Re: What Would You Do?

• Options
    If you even remotely suspect him (only because of the history you mentioned) I would call.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I would definitely call! Seems like from his past he obviously has a drinking problem. If you think he is drunk, he probably is. What if he hit your children that were outside playing or someone else? Def. call! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ok, I'm going to call anytime I see him getting into his car. Thank you!

I spoke with the guy who lives upstairs and he said he was going to call as well if he sees him.
  • Options
    sschwege said:
    Ok, I'm going to call anytime I see him getting into his car. Thank you! I spoke with the guy who lives upstairs and he said he was going to call as well if he sees him.

You can be charged with harassment/making false reports if they pull him over because of a neighbor's hunch and he isn't intoxicated.  ONLY call 9-1-1 if you know for certain that he's intoxicated getting into that vehicle.  I've spent my time in a neck brace because of a jackwagon who was on his 4th DUI, but that's still not a proper use of the 9-1-1 system unless you can say for certain "he's slurry and can't balance" to the dispatcher.  It's "little boy cries wolf" and you don't want to screw it up on the time he isn't drunk!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"