Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Rocking

We still rock LO to sleep. He is going to be going to daycare when we loose our sitter in a few weeks . We need to get him to fall asleep on his own but can't seem to get it right. He just won't sleep. Any tips? We've tried the shhhhh pat, no help :(

Re: Rocking

• I still rock my baby to sleep. He does fine for naps at DC. For some babies there is enough to keep them busy to the point they are really ready for sleep by the time DC gets them down for a nap.
  • We have been holding our kids to go to sleep at night and they've been fine for the most part at daycare.  Our issue is that as they get heavier, we're not sure this is sustainable....
  • Loading the player...
  • I rocked my twins until they became two big to hold both of them. I then applied the CIO method when they were about 6 months and it took a couple of weeks but they are now 11 months and sleep just fine on their own. Honestly what ever works for you, your little one will generally adapt if given enough time, might be hard at first but do whatever you feel is right. My only advice is when you pick something stick with it for a few weeks tosee if it's working for you and baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"