February 2015 Moms

First baby... When to announce? Help!!

This is my first pregnancy and obviously I am very excited to share the news! I am 13 weeks tomorrow and my family and close friends know but my boyfriend wants me to post it on Facebook. We even already got the pictures taken for our announcement cards. I'm having anxiety about putting them up but I'm not sure why... Help! When did you ladies announce, especially with your first?!

Re: First baby... When to announce? Help!!

• I'm a FTM as well and we couldn't wait, I announced on Facebook at 9 1/2 weeks!
  • I'm such a freak about something happening but I know I can't spend the whole 9 months worrying! We did hear the heartbeat last Monday so that helped. I don't get an u/s until 20 weeks though so that's why I'm scared!
  • Loading the player...
  • We announced at the end of the first tri last time.  This time, I haven't decided whether we are going to announce after the NT or after the A/S.  When you decide to announce is a personal thing for you, do it when you are comfortable.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • We announced at 13w 0days both times.
    http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f2/7c/80/f27c808876dd02ae89989d3c796a8f30.jpgimage
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersBabyFruit Ticker

• We announced at 12 ish weeks last time and still haven't announced for this one at 13.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My pregnancy announcements we'll be here any day. I'm 13 weeks on Saturday and so I hope to mail them out then. I think I'll post it on FB when I'm 14 weeks. Just to give our friends and family time to get their mail and find out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • we are going to announce after the nt scan which will be if i remember correctly august 15th.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• We announced at about 13w with DS and are going to announce around 14w this time. 
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • We made a facebook post last time at 14 weeks. 

This time we are going to wait until we know the sex of the baby.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Immediate family and really close friends know. My husband's office knows and my part-time job that I am leaving knows. We are announcing to aunts and uncles Saturday then making it Facebook official. I am 13 weeks today. We were waiting for: finding out about a job for me and getting to the second trimester.
    Me - 28 and DH - 31
    Happily Married - 9/4/2010
    BFP 5/30/2014 - EDD 2/4/2015
    ~*~ First Time Mommy ~*~

BabyFruit Ticker

• JsRibJsRib member
    I announced after my NT scan w my first. I'm waiting until after A/S to make it Facebook official this time.
  • ksgsmuksgsmu member
    Waiting till my next sono at 16 weeks when we know the sexes of the twins
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I announced to work on Tues after my 12 wk checkup and the NT scan were done and both showed a normal, healthy baby. I was not comfortable announcing before, but once we saw the healthy baby I felt much better and wanted to share. The FB announcement will be posted after we finish telling the important people in person. Maybe this weekend or early next week.

Wait until you are comfortable. I have a friend who does not reveal to anyone until it's obvious (4-5 months). She's had 3 babies and always waited. It's about you and your comfort level.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I would wait until you are ready.  Once it's out there, you cannot take it back.  There's no harm in waiting a few weeks more.  And, there really is no reason to post anything on Facebook.  Maybe I'm showing my age but the whole Facebook pregnancy announcement/gender reveal drives me crazy. Shouldn't your good friends/family be told in person anyhow.  How about a photo announcing your new addition once the he/she is born?  Just my two cents:)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I couldn't hold it any longer! After we heard the heartbeat we announced it right away! On monday !
    Married: 9.29.12 
    BFP: 6.8.14
    EDD: 2.20.15
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Once we had the ultrasound and saw the baby last week we had to share the good news! That was at 10 weeks.
  • I will be 12 weeks on Tuesday and we've decided to announce then. We heard the baby's heartbeat today and are feeling pretty confident! Our immediate family and a few close friends know already, but now we will let everyone know :-)
  • We will be announcing on fb soon although fb gets on my nerves everyone keeps asking when I will post. I am 12 weeks today and as soon as we hear the heartbeat on Monday we will post
  • I have my 11-12-week appt on Friday and will (hopefully!!) hear the heartbeat then. I'm hoping we will have nt soon after that and that once I'm 12 weeks (and assuming everything seems normal/okay and no further testing needs to be done) we will first email extended family (closest friends and parents know already) and then post to FB. exciting!!
  • melmarie4melmarie4 member
    edited July 2014
    I announced at 13 weeks, had a ultrasound at 12 weeks and everything is fine so far so seemed like it was time.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I go in for my next appt mid august and I will be close to 14 weeks. So if everything is good there after that I will be announcing!!
  • With my first, I waited until I was showing (at like, 4 or 5 months). It wasn't that I was scared for a MC, but it took a long time for me to digest the idea myself. When we finally announced I was ready for the barrage of questions/advice/comments that come (very freely) from everyone who knows.

This time, I was much more comfortable with the idea so we announced at 6 weeks!
  • We found out we actually get to go Monday and have the nt ultrasound, so if all goes well after that then we will announce. I think I will feel much more confident after seeing our little one! Thank you ladies for all your advice! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"