LO never sleeps
0% 0 votes
It's different every night, I do whatever it takes
6% 10 votes
SS because I'm sure there are a million other options
4% 6 votes

Re: CPW How do you put LO to bed?

• Options
    @skleigh I should have made and "all of the above" option for you! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Big brother James 6-19-11  ****  Little sister Lillianna 6-26-13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    She used to always fall asleep on the bottle, but now she will pop her head up and want to go on my shoulder and have a back rub to fall asleep.....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nurse + rock + shh + butt pats + tickle his face... I have a party animal and it takes a lot to get him to wind down \:D/

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    kmvwkmvw member
    She gets a bottle and I rock her, but lay her down while she is still awake and she will fall asleep on her own. Its only been like this for maybe 2 months, before that she got rocked to sleep and I would gently lay her down. So glad she has adjusted to put herself to sleep. Hoping it stays like this after new LO arrives next week,

• Options
    MRadsMRads member
    We read, sing and rock, and then I out him down awake. He cries about. 50% of the time now, but it is always less than 30 seconds, and he cries if I am holding him.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    KMRR86KMRR86 member
    Dinner, bath, jammies, book, nurse, then she goes into her crib and cuddles with her stuffed chicken.
  • Options
    KTZ17KTZ17 member
    Bath, jammies, brush teeth, kisses Papi goodnight, then nurse her till she pops off and kiss her and lay her in the crib. She's usually "drowsy but awake" and she'll grab a lovey and roll over. If she's really tired she stays on her back and conks out.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    I usually let my LO hang out until he crashes. Sometimes I'll walk him around until he falls asleep but usually he just lays down beside me on the floor and falls asleep and then I move him to his crib. He doesn't get a bottle anymore and he never fell asleep with one anyway (so that was a habit I didn't have to break, thank goodness). 

It really just depends though and I do whatever it takes to get him to go to sleep.
  • Options
    Nurse to sleep. At least 5 times a night. The only other way to get him down is to hold him while doing squats and shushing loudly.
  • Options
    Gavin gets his bedtime sippy and I read to him while he's guzzling it; then I brush his teeth and then I pop him into the crib and hand him his plush Anna doll (yup, he's in love with her, lol) and he usually rolls over and passes out. As of a week ago, we were still giving him the paci at bedtime, but I ditched it last Thursday night and he seemed to take it well, which I am thanking my lucky stars for, because I did not want to have to do it when he was older!
  • Options
    fabkfabk member
    Nurse to sleep. Sometimes he isn't asleep but done nursing. Those nights he usually cries for 20sec after I put him in the crib before rolling over and sleeping.
  • Options
    Bottle and read, watch some Mickey while finishing bottle. Then I lay him down in his crib with the einsteins noisemaker on. He usually turns it on and off for a few minutes or plays with his monkey lovey, sings or babbles and falls sleep.
  • Options
    econmama said:

Bottle in crib, then she falls asleep on her own

This.

July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Anniversary
  • Options
    collers4 said:

I'm impressed with how many lo's go down on their own! I nurse and rock him to sleep before being put down in the crib. I don't think he could do the drowsy but still awake method.

Me too! If I put LO to bed not 100% asleep he stands right up and screams, no way no how/:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

For the first 12 months of her life this is how bedtime looked:  books, sleep sack, swaddle her arms down (yep until a couple of weeks ago she was still getting the swaddle), hold her and either nurse her or bottle, paci, hold her until she falls asleep, hold her for an additional 10-15 minutes to make sure she was really really really asleep, very slowly and carefully lay her in her crib and pray she doesn't wake up and start screaming.  Then she usually would wake up a couple times a night screaming and we would start all over.  This was also what we did for naps

2 or so weeks ago we started just doing sleep sack, bottle, and laying her down in bed awake and its been working  (not without a couple of rough days of course).   If daycare teaches her nothing else I won't care because daycare taught her to sleep on her own!!  And its stopped the middle of night wake ups too!  (well she wakes up but doesn't cry and puts herself back down). 

• Options
    Jammies, say good night to everyone, teeth, story time in the rocker with her security elephant blanket 'Ellie', say good night and kisses for mom, crib awake. Some times she fusses a little. Other nights she rolls over and goes right to sleep.

The other night she spiked a weird, random fever of 101 - teething I think - and I was worried about her and tried to co-sleep. She wanted no part of it and kept saying, 'Bed. Bed. Bed.'
  • Options
    I nursed her to sleep until about a year. Now we read a story as she drinks her bottle. Then I put her to bed with her binky and she falls asleep. Sometimes if she's restless she'll get some back rubs/ but pats too.
    What a difference a month has made!
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    Boob boob bo boob
    banana fana fo foob
    me my mo moob
    boooooooob
  • Options

I give a bottle in my arms and she's so drowsy by the time it's done that she pops her soother in and is fast asleep. It hadn't occurred to me to put her into the crib for her bottle.

She might be ready but I'm not. I love rocking her to sleep.

I wonder if I'm creating a monster.

Bottle in the crib is really a bad habit. Almost all peds will say not to do it and rocking is referred. U r doing great, dint second guess urself
  • Options
    I put Finn in his jumparoo and he bounces himself to sleep. Then I very carefully transfer him into his crib and make various sacrifices to the sleep gods that he stays asleep.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    SMac85SMac85 member
    After dinner he plays for a bit with daddy and his brother. THen one of us takes him upstairs and gets him dressed into his pyjamas. We put his sound machine on and rock him for a minute with his stuffed monkey. Then into the crib he goes awake. Cover him with his blanket and that's it for the night.
    photo 3dcc1df8-8755-401b-b56e-15712e9fb0c0_zps92b14273.jpg
    Matteo 08/02/2011 Cruz 06/19/2013

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Bottle and book, teeth brushing, then into the crib. One of us has to stay in the room, but Muppet doesn't need us to rub his back and doesn't care if mess around on our phones/laptops. He just needs us there until he falls asleep.

That's somcute$
  • Options
    So cute... What the eff
  • Options
    Straw cup of milk while we read a book. Then snuggles and song while she finishes, followed by tooth brushing. Put on white noise, give her Kiki the kitty lovey, and put her in the crib. She rolls around a bit and puts herself to sleep.
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    I do exactly what his doctor says not to do (and I lie and say I don't). He has a bottle in the crib and he falls asleep on his own. He pretty much weaned himself off bottles except for that last one at night. I'm not ready to fight him on that one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"