July 2012 Moms
Options

Second on the way toddler bed

My DS is completely happy in his crib. Also, his crib converts to a toddler bed. I am in a dilemma or whether to buy another crib for my new arrival (EED 12/16) or to try to transition my son to a big boy bed (like a full bed) sometime in October/November.  Has anyone else had this same decision what did you decide?
Also, I know there are toddler bed discussions on here somewhere...so I am assuming that people have made the transition to a big boy bed. How is it going? Was it a tough transition?

Re: Second on the way toddler bed

• Options
    DS just switched to a full.  He does fine in the bed and since it has rails he can't roll out.  We added some steps so he can get down.  Our trouble is getting him to go to sleep.  We had been rocking him to sleep and we are trying to break that habit.  I lay down with him until he falls asleep or else he would stay up for hours.  He is falling asleep faster now, I was only in there for 30 minutes yesterday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    >>>---FSU--->

• Options
    Is he showing signs of being ready to get out?  I may be the voice of dissent here, but if he's fine in the crib, don't rock the boat.  I'd keep the new baby in a PNP as long as you can, then move your oldest to a regular bed when he's ready for it, moving the baby into the crib at that point

We didn't transition T before D was born, because he just wasn't ready to be in the big boy bed.  Unfortunately, we had to transition out because T was trying to climb out, and I was afraid he'd fall out/get out and go down the stairs.  It's been rough for the last few days, but he is getting the hang of it.  D is in our room right now in a RNP, and once he sleeps reliably through the night, they'll share a room

All this being said, you still have a ways to go, so he may be ready before the next one arrives too!  Good luck with whatever you decide!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank ladies for the input. I think I will end up taking the plunge I am just nervous but I know it will be easier to transition Liam now when #2 is not here yet than when she arrives.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"