December 2014 Moms
Options

I got..."The Call"...

I had my 20week ultrasound last Friday. Everything looked good to me. Big head, two arms, two legs etc. I had the full bladder going...baby was moving. Tech was taking a shit ton of pics. Cool.

Flash forward to Monday morning. I get to work and I notice a missed call from the midwife. Shit...
I call back. No answer. I have a voice mail from the midwife. She wants me to call her to discuss my ultrasound from Friday. JUST FUCKING GREAT. I call back again. No answer. ANSWER THE FUCKING PHONE. I leave a message and try to go back to work. Meanwhile I'm trying not to let my imagination run wild. (I'm pretty sure I counted TWO arms and not three...now I'm not sure) (FUCK) I finally get focused. I forget to call Nurse-Doesn'tReturnMyPhoneCall. Blah. Today I make it my mission. She either picks up the phone or I go over there and hunt the bitch down. After waiting 20 min on hold I am told she is with a patient and will call me back :-w Fine.
And she did about an hour later. And of course she was stupid Nice so I couldn't really be mad because she didn't return my call. She lets me know that the baby is fine (YAAAAAY) but that my placenta is a little too close to my cervix (boooo) That it's something they want to keep an eye in so I need to set up another ultrasound at 28 weeks (cool?) It's not bad news by any means (thank God). But I know now that my imagination is way worse then reality and I need to chill. I tried my best to follow the advice from the other posts that were similar to this...buuuuut yea.
Just wanted to "unload" all that on ya. :::deep sigh:::

SN: I told DH I have another ultrasound to check my placenta and he asked "Do you not have enough placenta?" LMAO. He's too cute.

imageimageimageimage
November Siggy Challenge: How I feel in the Third Trimester 
        image   image   image
BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Re: I got..."The Call"...

• Options
    Oh, man. I feel for ya! That would have made me insane. Glad all is ok.
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • Options
    Eora3Eora3 member
    I would have been losing my mind! Whyyy can't they leave an actual message instead of some cryptic nonsense this is only going to make a mama freak out?!

I am glad everything looks good and (as I am sure you already know) your placenta will probably move all on it's own.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would have been so nervous! Glad all is fine.
  • Options

I totally feel for you. After our ultrasound on Monday we were taken to an exam room to talk to the doctor. It took her about 10 minutes for her come in and in that time I had prepared myself for the worst- even though the tech had been super chatty and upbeat. My H was freaking out even more than me.

Turns out it was just a regular appointment- she hadn't even looked at the ultrasound pictures before she sat down with us. Everything was great. Might have been good to know before freaking out for 10 minutes!!

I'm glad that everything turned out ok- and good that your midwife is on top of it.

• Options
    Glad to hear all is well and baby only has 2 arms. I would have been mad too if someone wasn't answering their phone and/or not returning messages.

Test
  • Options
    So glad it's ok. Waiting is the worst
  • Options
    I hope it moves.
  • Options
    Hoping mine moves too.  But hey - another ultrasound at 28 weeks is not that bad of a deal!

I can understand your concern!  Anytime you see the phone call from the OB/MW can rattle your nerves.

Also - too cute about your DH.
    BFP on 4.3.2014
    EDD 12.10.2014
    DS #1 born 12.16.2014 - He's perfect!

• Options
    I had a similar experience. The actual a/s was good but I got a weird vibe at the end from the tech. They were supposed to call the next day and of course they didn't. I called then and they just told me the report wasn't ready. The next morning the called while I was in a meeting at work. I caller back nervous as hell. The said good baby looks great! But you have an irregularity with your placenta that your doctor will tell you about at your next appointment in 4 weeks. I'm thinking uhhh what does that mean?!? And ask the nurse. She doesnt know and said boy I dont know what this means. It says something about an infarct if your placenta. I'm in healthcare so I know my fair share of medical terminology. I know an infarct is essentially a stroke and dead tissue. By now I'm panicking. She says let me transfer you to another nurse. Of course she is unavailable and has to call me back. But she doesn't!!! It's 440 and the office closes at 5. I call back and they say well we have a message into the doctor. She will probably call you in the morning. LUCKILY she calls back in 20 minutes. She says not to worry it's such a tiny area that it just needs monitoring with an extra ultrasound and maybe some non stress tests. If it were anything to worry about they would have me come in right away and send me to the high risk doctor. Of course I stupidly google it and come back with everything from it's no big deal to causing restricted growth to still birth. I finally had to just stop and assure myself it was an incidental finding and that right now it's nothing to worry about. I haven't next regular appointment on August 8 and us on the 22nd. I'm hoping everything still looks good!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"