Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

If you did the 3 day potty training: help

dmhrn13dmhrn13 member
edited July 2014 in Toddlers: 24 Months+
XP from 12-24 mos. 

So we are on our 5th day tomorrow & we're doing pretty well. DD is 21 months old & I think we only had like 2 floor pee's today. The thing is, she pee's so often & in small amounts. Mainly after meals, she may go 3-4 times in 1 hour but just 20 or 30 milliliters or so. Other times she'll go for an hour, hour and a half & go a decent amount. 

Has anyone else experienced this? I dipped it to rule out a UTI, it was all clear. I'm wondering if its just that the potty is there & there's no pants so its like, pee when you have the slightest sensation. Which I guess is good in a way, but how is she ever going to get to holding it for 2-3 hours. 
TTC since 1/2008
BFP 7/2009 m/c
BFP 9/2009 m/c
Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
DD born 10/2012
FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you did the 3 day potty training: help

• Options
    I agree with PP. 21 months is so young. I bet she just doesn't have the bladder control yet.

What signs was she showing of readiness to potty train?
    imageimage
  • Options
    There are lots of signs for potty training readiness and it's unlikely that your child will show them all.  But being able to routinely hold it 2- 3 hours is the most important one.  You can't teach that, they have to be physically ready.  

I would wait until she is able to do this consistently.  Otherwise you could be setting both of you up for lots of frustration by doing it before she is ready.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Leap08Leap08 member
    My oldest daughter peed like that when we did 3 day potty training. She was 22 months. After 2.5 days of potty training, I backed off a bit on liquids. I had been pushing her to drink because that's what they say to do during the 3 day method. I think that she was drinking way too much and that meant she was peeing all.the.time. After I backed off on liquids she was able to hold it for much longer - up to 2 hours. So, I'd check how much she's drinking. Other than that, I'd keep being consistent with her. I think in time she will start to hold it for longer. The novelty of "going potty" will wear off.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My son was super excited to potty train, so he peed multiple times per hour the first few days. The novelty wore off and he was able to hold it for 2+ hours. I say stick with it, if things don't improve in a week or so, then decide what to do.
  • Options
    Are you giving her a treat each time? She may just want the treats! ;)

We did the 3DPT when DD was 2y3m. She did well. She peed a lot during those first few days, but as time went on she was able to hold it longer. 21 months is really early, so if she is having a lot of accidents once you are out of the training mode, I would probably back off and try again in a few months.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    Yeah I think she was really liking all the praise she gets. For those who asked about age, the book actually says to do it between 18-28 months, plus we did elimination communication so she's had bladder control since she was 6 months old (like being able to empty her bladder when put on the potty & cued). It has gotten better over the last few days, but I think many of you are right it its just going to come with age. I'm delivering twins in 9 weeks so I had to get a jump on this even if she does regress some when they come. 
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker