Multiples
Options

One Up Both Up Question

We do OUBO pretty religiously, but what do you do if one baby gets up maybe only 2 hours after their last feed, and the other one is still sleeping? I've been getting both up even then because I feel if we don't, then the other baby will get up in less than an hour anyways (they tend to sleep for maybe 3 hours, max 4, between feeds). Is it worth it even if one of them may barely eat? Just wondering what other MoMs might do. :)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: One Up Both Up Question

• Options
    We do OUBU right now at almost 5 weeks.  One of them tends to wake up first every time, and we wake his brother up because he would be up an hour later if we didn't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We always did OUBU even if one baby woke early. We have only recently (about 3 months adjusted age) stopped OUBU as they are starting to sleep for 5-6 hr stretches.
    Me: 33 DH: 36 Unexplained IF
    First pregnancy - DS 01-Apr-09;
    3rd cycle Clomid/IUI after 2 years TTC
    TTC #2 since ~June 2010
    IUI #1 & 2 - Clomid/IUI - BFN
    IUI #3 &4 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFN
    IUI #5 - Gonal-F/Ovidrel and IUI -- BFP!!
    EDD: March 22, 2013
    It's triplets!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did OUBU for a looooong time. Two hours in between feeds is pretty normal for itty-bitties. It means you get the least common denominator of sleep but at least you get a break in between feeds. I tandem also, so I'd be all uneven if I just fed one.

• Options
    I am so glad you asked this! My boys are 4 weeks old (baby b has only been home from NICU about 5 days) and we have been struggling with how to do this. It has been exhausting! And my inlaws are leaving in a day so I think we are going to need to implement waking up the sleeping baby better!

I wanted to ask: we are formula feeding. How do you feed both at the same time? The NiCU told us not to use bouncy seats etc for our baby b for a few more weeks.
  • Options
    I made the mistake of not doing OUBO yesterday morning.  I paid for it when they tag teamed me ALL day.  

My question- if you are consistently doing OUBO, how do you know if one twin is ready to skip a feeding/STTN?  I could see myself potentially messing with a good thing.
    DD- Born 03/09/2010
    DS- Born 01/21/2012
                                              Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"