October 2013 Moms

Tuesday Randos.

2»

Re: Tuesday Randos.

• @Emilyraymond‌ I'm so sorry for your loss. It must have been so comforting for your H's grandma to have you there.
  • baconface said:

@Emilyraymond Sorry for your and DH's loss. :(

Thank you!!
  • Loading the player...
  • sleepy33 said:
    @weljadraak what is happening w/ your sig pic?
    @sleepy33 What is happening with it? Can you see it?  It's my kid in a cheeseburger shirt, in space, with a giant cheeseburger.  I call it "Christaburger."
    OMG, that's him?? He looks so different from the last pic I saw!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • sleepy33 said:
    sleepy33 said:
    @sleepy33 What is happening with it? Can you see it?  It's my kid in a cheeseburger shirt, in space, with a giant cheeseburger.  I call it "Christaburger."

I guess I don't really post pictures of him anymore...you're making me nervous with your OMG! What's different? So different?!?!  lol.  I think the last pic I posted was when he was in his helmet. 

• I wanna see Christaburger.... stupid mobile.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Since I don't post much I'm not really expecting anything but had to get this out somewhere. My mom does daycare 3 days per week for us. Today she ran an errand and took DS to costco. On the way out she slipped on a wet spot and fell, while holding DS. She is fine, very sore but not broken, and she held onto DS so he's fine too. He didn't even hit the floor anywhere she's 99.99% sure. We called the dr just to be sure and he's comfortable that he's fine since he hasn't had any issues since the fall. I freaked the hell out when I heard and was so unsettled all day and now that I'm finally home with him, I'm freaked out again. It's all fine but the what-ifs really mess with the head. So exhausted. Ugh.

Tl:dr my mom fell at costco holding DS today but they're both fine and I'm freaking out still.
  • ajjf1026ajjf1026 member
    edited July 2014
    I'm in a couple of mom groups and I've only been on a few play dates. I'm an outgoing person and really talkative once I warm up to people but I'm really shy at first so it's always awkward for me at first. I still don't feel like I fit in with the moms in the group.

This summer is flying by way too fast. And it's been feeling like fall here weather wise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • sleepy33 said:
    sleepy33 said:

I guess I don't really post pictures of him anymore...you're making me nervous with your OMG! What's different? So different?!?!  lol.  I think the last pic I posted was when he was in his helmet. 
    I don't know if I've seen anything more recent than your last sig pic? IDK why he looks so different, I think maybe chunkier and more hair? Could just be the angles. I feel like there are more nom-able rolls in this pic. He deft looks more blonde in this pic too.

DIStickerscom Ticker

• Tl:dr my mom fell at costco holding DS today but they're both fine and I'm freaking out still.

Glad they are okay. That's the important thing.

• sleepy33 said:

Since I don't post much I'm not really expecting anything but had to get this out somewhere. My mom does daycare 3 days per week for us. Today she ran an errand and took DS to costco. On the way out she slipped on a wet spot and fell, while holding DS. She is fine, very sore but not broken, and she held onto DS so he's fine too. He didn't even hit the floor anywhere she's 99.99% sure. We called the dr just to be sure and he's comfortable that he's fine since he hasn't had any issues since the fall. I freaked the hell out when I heard and was so unsettled all day and now that I'm finally home with him, I'm freaked out again. It's all fine but the what-ifs really mess with the head. So exhausted. Ugh.

Tl:dr my mom fell at costco holding DS today but they're both fine and I'm freaking out still.

I'm sorry. I can imagine how nervewracking this must be. I always have these images run through my head, like, what-ifs. I'm sorry yours actually happened. Thank goodness everyone is okay!

Ugh, me too, WTF is it with that?!?! 

OP, sorry for your scare!

Thank you both. I'm the same way with the images and have had to really work hard to get them out of my head. Ugh. This doesn't help. But he's fine. Must focus on that.
  • Lee81Lee81 member
    I heard this song on the radio today:

Doesn't really get much more random than that. I love the 6PM bonus track :)
  • Lee81 said:

OMG. I forgot this song existed.

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • I don't know if I've seen anything more recent than your last sig pic? IDK why he looks so different, I think maybe chunkier and more hair? Could just be the angles. I feel like there are more nom-able rolls in this pic. He deft looks more blonde in this pic too.
    He has gone up from 1% to 14% and is definitely rounding out. He even has baby boobies now.
    I knew I wasn't imagining things!

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Since I don't post much I'm not really expecting anything but had to get this out somewhere. My mom does daycare 3 days per week for us. Today she ran an errand and took DS to costco. On the way out she slipped on a wet spot and fell, while holding DS. She is fine, very sore but not broken, and she held onto DS so he's fine too. He didn't even hit the floor anywhere she's 99.99% sure. We called the dr just to be sure and he's comfortable that he's fine since he hasn't had any issues since the fall. I freaked the hell out when I heard and was so unsettled all day and now that I'm finally home with him, I'm freaked out again. It's all fine but the what-ifs really mess with the head. So exhausted. Ugh. Tl:dr my mom fell at costco holding DS today but they're both fine and I'm freaking out still.

I am glad everyone is ok. Life is full of what-ifs... Try not to dwell on them, if you let yourself it will drive you crazy! Also, remember that you mom would do everything possible to keep your baby from harm...
  • Lee81 said:

Stuck in a box:

I listened to the song in your link and I have never heard it. I feel left out.
    imageimage
  • @SHAWNACPA‌ Thank you. I have a tendency to worry excessively - it's a problem. And having a kid doesn't help! But I'm able to keep it mostly under control. I know my mom would do anything for sure it's just nerve wracking. For them both. Just glad they are ok.
  • Also @SHAWNACPA‌ I hope your sister and nephews are continuing to heal. That's a serious scare! So glad they are ok!
  • Also @SHAWNACPA‌ I hope your sister and nephews are continuing to heal. That's a serious scare! So glad they are ok!
    Tanks so much! It was a horribly scary situation...
  • wedding06 said:
    @psychdoc12 How are you feeling by the way? 
    I've been feeling pretty tired but otherwise okay. I'm back to work on Friday so ready or not, here it comes.
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

• I've been accosted by someone thinking I was abusing my dog for leaving him in the car with the windows up. I was in a hybrid with remote start, so even though you couldn't see a key in the ignition, he was in a running car with a bowl of water and AC.

I've since put little streamers on the vents so you can see the air movement.
    November: Doing my own thing

• I've been accosted by someone thinking I was abusing my dog for leaving him in the car with the windows up. I was in a hybrid with remote start, so even though you couldn't see a key in the ignition, he was in a running car with a bowl of water and AC.

I'm just curious.. When would you ever need to leave him in the car by himself? I would be nervous about your dog too if I saw him in a car either with or without the windows down. I'm glad you added the streamers and he's not just sitting in a blazing hot car but again, when would he need to be alone in your car?

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• Lee81Lee81 member

I've been accosted by someone thinking I was abusing my dog for leaving him in the car with the windows up. I was in a hybrid with remote start, so even though you couldn't see a key in the ignition, he was in a running car with a bowl of water and AC.

I'm just curious.. When would you ever need to leave him in the car by himself? I would be nervous about your dog too if I saw him in a car either with or without the windows down. I'm glad you added the streamers and he's not just sitting in a blazing hot car but again, when would he need to be alone in your car?
    I can't speak for anyone else but my dog loves car rides. I've brought him with me on nice days when I was running errands and left him in the car while I'm in the bank or the store or whatever. He's much happier being alone in the car a few minutes at a time than he would be for the whole day at home by himself.
  • Lee81 said:

I've been accosted by someone thinking I was abusing my dog for leaving him in the car with the windows up. I was in a hybrid with remote start, so even though you couldn't see a key in the ignition, he was in a running car with a bowl of water and AC.

I can't speak for anyone else but my dog loves car rides. I've brought him with me on nice days when I was running errands and left him in the car while I'm in the bank or the store or whatever. He's much happier being alone in the car a few minutes at a time than he would be for the whole day at home by himself.
    But do you leave your car running? Either way it seems dangerous to me.

Jude Beckham 10/23/2013   Sean & Chels 03/08/2012

• So it's not Tuesday but I have a random.

My niece called me earlier today. I was driving and put her on speakerphone. She's hard to understand anyways, but DH and I are 90% sure she invited Carmen and me to celebrate her 3rd birthday tomorrow evening. She's having "hot dogs with ketchup and Frozen cake". 

I called my sister back to clarify what the conversation was, and my sister said it was nothing. I don't want to sound like I'm fishing for an invite, or anything. But my niece sounded like she wanted us there, and I already agreed to work in the evening, so I need a bit of heads up to get out of it if we're going to go. I'm feeling very torn. It's just a low key celebration with her family, so it's not like I expect an invite. But I also don't want to disappoint my niece if I agreed to go and then don't show up. 
  • Lee81Lee81 member

Lee81 said:

But do you leave your car running? Either way it seems dangerous to me.
    @chelseyestelle‌ I only bring them on errands on nice days where I can leave the windows down or if it's chilly enough to leave them closed. I have left in the car with it running, though. Sometimes we go to the lake or the dog park or hiking or whatever so the dogs are with us and if we need to make a quick stop, we'll leave the key and take the fob if we need to keep the car running. What seems dangerous? The chances of anyone trying to steal a dog that barks at strangers the way mine do is probably even smaller than the chance that the will find a way to disengage the parking break, get the car in gear, and drive off.
  • I have a friend who is TTC and has some health issues. The whole situation has really made her depressed. She's from out of town. I don't want to tell her I'm expecting but not really sure how long I should wait. I also don't want her upset at the fact that I waited but I just doesn't feel like it's the right time... And I prefer to put my energy into her at the moment.
    < image
  • vargasgurlvargasgurl member
    edited July 2014

My poor dog is currently wearing a diaper cover to keep him from irritating the cut that the effing groomer gave him on Friday.

He's super embarrassed and I'm pissed at the groomer.

I would be pissed also ... Did you let them know you were upset? That's happened to me and I said something. They have been more careful. Sorry about your pooch :(

Edit: glad you said something !
    < image
  • I'm pooped. Miles has no trouble falling to sleep at bedtime. I just put him in his crib and within a few minutes he's out.

The problem is that for the last MONTH he's been waking crying every hour. I hear crying, look at the monitor, and he's sitting up in his crib rubbing his eyes. I lay him back down (sometimes it takes a few times) and he passes out again, just to do it all over again in about an hour. 

I've resorted to bringing him to bed just so we can get some sleep, but even then he wakes up sometimes sitting up and seems pissed. It's like he can't control it. 
    Maybe it's a phase?? Did he take enough naps during the day?? DD pulled this shit on me Monday from 1am -3:30 am she would wake up as soon as I put her in the crib ( one 45 min nap on Sunday didn't help matters) ... I ended up in the couch w her because when she saw DH in bed, and it only stimulated her more. She thought it was daytime. Needless to say I was useless on Monday. I actually let her CIO for 10mins that night and it seems to have worked. She hasn't done that again plus she has had more naps.
    < image
  • vargasgurlvargasgurl member
    edited July 2014
    This is my no to serious random ... DH tells me he ran out of black socks. Then he says " that's ok i'll buy more" which is code for "you haven't done laundry so I will buy more socks "
    So I go to the laundry room there was one pair of dirty socks !!! Where the Eff is he putting these socks !!!! Go eff yourself DH.
    < image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"