October 2013 Moms
Options

Tuesday Randos.

I've had an interesting day so far, so I can't be the only one!  SPILL YOUR RANDOMNESS ALL OVER THIS THREADDDDD.

Mine is two thangs:  

1) I officially joined a mom's  group and said I would go to playgroup on Thursday and I am HELLA excitednervous.  Excited to socialize CJ but nervous to hang with strangers.  Eeeek! 

2) I went grocery shopping and while I was unpacking my items, I hear yapping.  So I look around and see TWO small dogs in an SUV with the windows barely cracked.  I get on my phone to call animal control and this guy is walking towards me and is like, "Do you hear dogs?" and I said, "Yeah, they're over there! I'm calling AC."  He goes, "Don't waste your time!  Call the police."  This good guy was really a stand-up guy and I'm really glad he ran into me.  We're waiting a while for the cops...like, 10-15 minutes.  While we're waiting, the good guy runs into the store to give the license plate number in hopes this a-hole will come out and let his dogs out!  The a-hole doesn't come out until he is clearly done shopping (like 5-10 minutes after cop arrives).  I know this because he has a box and it is a wholesale grocery so they don't bag.  I'm pretty sure the cop just gave him a warning and drove off.  I am SO baffled how this is still happening because I feel the media is very focused on the topic of hot cars and living things...

Re: Tuesday Randos.

• Options
    I joined a mommy group last month, and it has been great (although I told DH that I like my Bump friends better)!  I hope you enjoy yours.

That is awful about the dogs.  What a jerk for not only leaving them in the first place but not coming out when they paged him.

• Options
    wedding06 said:
    Oh and can everyone see my pic in my siggie? It seems to show only sometimes. I decided to remove my N13 and O13 badges and go with cute baby instead.
    Negative on the picture.  Only your someecard is showing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wedding06 the picture isn't working for me

DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

wedding06 said:
    Going to my first mom's group was so scary but it was ok. We were all nervous. I also get nervous before meeting bumpies.

There was a dog in a car last week and it turned out to be a dad from our daycare picking up his kid. He had the kid with him so I didn't have the balls to say anything at the time. It was only a couple minutes but it is too hot even for that. At least leave the car running with AC.

I am eating a frozen meal that is at least a year old. It isn't expired and tastes ok but the idea grosses me out a little.
    I think they've been a group for a while.  Hopefully I flow okay.  I worry I'm on the young side...I don't know their ages but even on here it seems I am.  Ah, I just hope there are other babies there, really.  

I haven't had a frozen meal in so long.  I'm thinking TV dinner-type.  We do Digiornio so I'm pretty sure that counts as a frozen meal.

• Options
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    tashad18 said:
    I joined a mommy group last month, and it has been great (although I told DH that I like my Bump friends better)!  I hope you enjoy yours.

That is awful about the dogs.  What a jerk for not only leaving them in the first place but not coming out when they paged him.

I agreeee!  He was pretty dismissive, too.  I believe he'll do it again.  

and thanks!  I hope the group is a good fit and there are babies close in age to CJ.

• Options
    WeljadraakWeljadraak member
    edited July 2014
    wedding06 said:
    Dammit! I see it and it is super cute too:(
    Try a different host site!  There is tinyurl or photobucket, among many others.

• Options
    ElleStaxx said:
    Might be one of my favorite episodes ever.
    Yess one of the greats, to be sure.  I miss that show but it really wasn't the same when "Michael Scott" left :(  

• Options
    I've been looking for a mommy group for a while. Lucky! 
    I tried meet-up but wasn't impressed so I searched FB for "town name" mom group and got a couple hits.  It's a little more immediately personal because Facebook but I intro'd quick and got a ton of responses so far & an invite so I got what I wanted.  

• Options
    I belong to a local moms of multiples group and have yet to go to a playdate. I guess I should stop being antisocial and go one of these days. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Because of my sisters wreck, my mom is watching DD (along with my sister and nephews staying with her so BIL can work during the day). Anyway, this morning I dropped DD of and left my pump bag at my moms and took the diaper bag with me. I realized it, turned around, and got to work and hour and a half late.
  • Options
    TREDgirl said:
    I belong to a local moms of multiples group and have yet to go to a playdate. I guess I should stop being antisocial and go one of these days. 
    You should!  It's so easy to chicken out.  Don't think I'm saying that lightly lol - I will probably be forcing myself to go so I feel your anxiety.  I don't know if you SAH but I do and I, we, need another outlet.

• Options
    Shoot, that is just the hard-wiring in my brain talking.  DISMISS DISMISS DISMISS.  

• Options
    has615 said:
    Ive spent the day talking myself out of this ridiculous purchase for Hudsons birthday.  

This is my reality

OMG, don't let my DH see this. He will have to have it!

He may buy one for Nolan, also.
    imageimage
  • Options
    catycatecatycate member
    edited July 2014
    You guys that are nervous about mommy groups- don't be - go, I promise you will have fun. I joined one when DS was a newborn and we are all celebrating 4th birthdays together soon! We were all on a soccer team together and I still have at least 1 play date a week with one of my friends through that group! Plus they have all had 2nd kids since then, so even my Oct 13 dd has playmates already! Eta- I meant to add that if the group is big, just try to find a couple mamas you seem to vibe with. We have several "groups"witihin our group, but all celebrate Christmas parties, Halloween parties etc together.
  • Options
    I just scored one of these: image for $15! Thanks again @Heather6789‌ I was looking for mom groups in my area because I have no friends here and they all said "for stay at home mom".... I guess working moms get no love :-/

I say try to join them anyway. They may meet mostly during the week, but I'm sure their are mamas who would want a play date over the weekends! I SAH, but I hang with my working mama friends all the time:) we went camping with one couple last weekend!
  • Options
    @catycate‌ I am home alone with LO until 2pm all week because I work second shift. I am like a stay at home mom that also works full time.

• Options
    WeljadraakWeljadraak member
    edited July 2014
    wedding06 said:
    Now I see it- do others? It is way too big though and I can't seem to resize. Halp!! 
    success!

eta not sure how to resize on here ::shrugs:: but you should be able to on your host site or your computer and upload the edited version.

• Options
    I just scored one of these: image for $15! Thanks again @Heather6789‌ I was looking for mom groups in my area because I have no friends here and they all said "for stay at home mom".... I guess working moms get no love :-/
    Whats the $15 secret?
    image  image
    Baby Muffy Due July.8.2015!

• Options
    has615 said:

I just scored one of these:
    for $15! Thanks again @Heather6789‌

I was looking for mom groups in my area because I have no friends here and they all said "for stay at home mom".... I guess working moms get no love :-/

Whats the $15 secret?

Once upon a child! At mine, you get a one time $5 off for following them on Instagram, and another $5 if you text "once" to 24609. (Then "stop" so you don't get annoying messages!)
  • Options
    Debating on whether to apply for a new job. Things are not what they used to be at my current job. I'm so nervous and anxious that I'm getting sick to my stomach. Errrr....
  • Options
    missgpsu said:

B is a jerk.  I have been trying to get her to say mama because she honestly mimics everything else, but that.  Well, the Today show had on Lady Gaga today.  She kept yelling "ady gaga" over and over. Jerk!  Really, Lady Gaga, but no mama!

Mama was my daughter's sixth "real" word. She nailed dada, dog, pup, "arf, arf" and ball, before finally getting the hang of mama.

Kids are little stinkers!!
  • Options
    Debating on whether to apply for a new job. Things are not what they used to be at my current job. I'm so nervous and anxious that I'm getting sick to my stomach. Errrr....
    Do it!  It's harmless to apply, right?

• Options
    I think we should have a thread for 1st birthday outfit planning. But that may be because im already stressfully excited.

#itsyourfault
    #youknowwhoyouare
    #youknowwhatyoudid
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Options
    @weljadraak what is happening w/ your sig pic?
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    My poor dog is currently wearing a diaper cover to keep him from irritating the cut that the effing groomer gave him on Friday.

He's super embarrassed and I'm pissed at the groomer.
  • Options
    Just going to vent and have a pitty party. My husbands grandma passed away thurs and today was the funeral. It was very sad to see. Im a nurse and she was in the hospital I work at for the past 4 weeks. I checked on her every day multiple times a day so I felt we got close. Always loved her but we got closer because I seen her on a daily basis almost. She was so so so precious. Anyways, it was also very hard to see DH and FIL (was his mom) so sad. Love love my IL's so it was a rough day all around.

My aunt also took Maci to her 9 mos appt today and dr said we gotta get tubes, so why not put icing on the cake??!! I'm not against tubes. Whatever makes her feel better I'm all for it. Just want her healthy and feeling good.

Sorry so long. Had a few beers....
  • Options
    wedding06 said:

My poor dog is currently wearing a diaper cover to keep him from irritating the cut that the effing groomer gave him on Friday.

He's super embarrassed and I'm pissed at the groomer.

That sucks! And you should be angry. Did they give you a refund?
    No refund but they did say they would cover the cost if he needs a vet visit. I will be making sure that this particular groomer doesn't touch my dog again.

I'm kind of a pushover and the girl I talked to, when I called to let them know about the cut, has always been great. The groomer that cut him is new.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"