Baby Names
Options

Same name as a celebrity?

We are team green, and have been discussing boy names lately. Both H and I like a classic boys name, but when paired with our last name, it is the same as a well known Hollywood director. Think James Cameron. This particular person is known for a specific genre that I am not a fan of. Is it a bad idea to use the name anyway?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Same name as a celebrity?

• Options
    It's hard to give a real opinion without knowing the name.  Could you post it and then later delete it if you're worried about privacy?

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Littledeer84Littledeer84 member
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I will...usually I'm not too paranoid but names scare me a little. I will delete in a little bit...the name would be **poof** Please don't quote this post so I can delete.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CC1017CC1017 member
    edited July 2014
    Maybe I live in a hole, but I don't know who that is.  I say go for it.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    BFP #1 DS born 10/16/12 at 39w6d
    BFP #2 DD lost 11/17/14 at 17w2d
  • Options
    I am not even familiar with who that is so it wouldn't bug me.

• Options
    I don't know who that is so I say go for it haha!
    "I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass." Maya Angelou
    ~ Auntie to L: 2013 and Peanut: EDD 11/2014 ~

• Options
    Haha, I guess he is more niche than I thought! My husband likes his movies, it might be more of a guy thing.
  • Options
    if you ahve a fairly common last name and go with a 'classic' boy name, you're bound to have the same name as others. That being said, it wouldn't mind me AND after looking at the name, I'm also team "who is that?"

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Options
    Yep, never heard of him! Great name.  Go for it! I LOVE George.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I've heard of him, but seriously it's no big deal. I would never connect the two and George is a great name.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    LNic5LNic5 member
    I don't think it's a big deal, it's a little hard to not have the same name as somebody!! Most people won't even think of the actor anyway, especially if they aren't well known, which seems to be the case by the comments above (I missed when you posted the name) so you should go for it!!
  • Options
    I don't think it's a big deal, and I went to high school with a guy named Rob Lowe.  That was unfortunate because our Rob did not look like The Rob Lowe.  So there were a lot of mean comments.  The director connection is fine, and if people figure it out, they'll think it's awesome.

mm 2/17/11 * dd born 4/20/12 * bo 1/3/14 * edd 1/211/15 

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I guess I'm in the minority but I do know who that is! But I don't think it's a big deal and I say use the name!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Come on people, "Night of the Living Dead" anyone? Apparently he's not too well known so go ahead and use it.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    I was imagining it was George Lucas or something, which would be a bit much. I think you are fine.

@emmyg65, I think the OP might appreciate it if you edited your post. 
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I was going to guess Michael Bay. Hmm I know of the director. I wouldn't do it. I think his name is usually part of the movie title, like Tyler Perry?

BabyFruit Ticker

<p align="center"
  • Options
    I taught a Mary Shelly, Will Smith, Michael Jackson, and Michael Jordan. It was definitely something that got brought up to them on a very regular basis. If it was that well known, even as a classic name, I probably wouldn't use it.  If it's more obscure, which is sounds like your name choice is, I think it would be fine.
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    motherboy said:
    I was going to guess Michael Bay. Hmm I know of the director. I wouldn't do it. I think his name is usually part of the movie title, like Tyler Perry?
    Yeah, that is why I thought it would be more recognizable. They always advertise his name with his movies. I am sure he would have a fair number of questions about it, but I guess it is not as recognizable as I thought. Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I was also imagining George Lucas and thinking "nope" to that...I googled the movie title mentioned + George and I have still never heard of him. Go for it!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I know a Will Smith and a Hunter Hayes
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"