September 2012 Moms
Options

S/O Sleep Issues

Hi everybody! I haven't been on much lately since I've been trying to tackle this whole 2u2 thing, but DS1 is having some serious sleep issues that I was hoping someone might have some insight on.

He's always been an amazing sleeper and gone down for naps/night without complaining. When he wakes up, he will just play quietly in his crib and I usually eventually go in to get him (sometimes up to an hour after he wakes up). About 2 weeks ago we decided to take away his night-time pacifiers and he didn't seem to care at all. He slept through the night that night and never mentioned them afterwards. 4 night later he started crying every time we would put him down for a nap or for the night and says he is scared. Any time we mention being sleepy or nap time/bed time, he responds with "Wesley stay up Mama!" It's not usually even dark in his room when he goes down, but we've tried leaving the door open and hall light on to help. He has gone down the past 3 nights without crying, but every night he wakes up crying "mama mama mama!" several times through the night. He also wakes up crying from his naptime. During the night, one of us goes into his room and reassures him that everything is OK. We usually have to stay there until he falls back asleep or he starts screaming as soon as we leave.

I would gladly take any advice at this point. Does anybody who has cut pacis think this might be paci-related or just coincidental?

Re: S/O Sleep Issues

• Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    I don't think it is paci related if it was days later. But he may need something else to help comfort him. Does he have a special toy he can sleep with? Sound machine? Does he need the light or do you think that is making it harder to fall asleep or go back to sleep when he wakes?

Leo just went through a sleep regression and we did CIO again. It took 3 nights to get him back on track. But he wasn't saying he was scared. Can he express what he is scared of, or does he just not want to be alone?

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options

He does have a lovey he sleeps with and we also have a sound machine. We have a night light that isn't very bright (I might look for something brighter). It's light in his room right now because bedtime is 7:30 - 8:00 and we have to leave his window open and fan on since it's been 80-85 degrees in his room when he goes down (no A/C here). He hasn't expressed what he's scared of, just that he wants me to stay there with him.

I'm considering CIO, the only issue being that DS2 currently has his crib in our room and has been stirring when DS1 stars crying over the monitor. I might have either DH or I sleep in the guest room and take the monitor for DS1 for a few nights to see how that goes. DS2 is STTN, so we were planning to move him into DS1s room, but have now been holding off due to his sleep regression.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    hmp1hmp1 member
    Do you have to have the monitor sound on? I haven't used sound since he was big enough to hear without it.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Options
    Oops, I thought that I responded to this. Yes, we keep the sound on since we sleep with our door closed and can't hear him otherwise. Volume is low, but it's still been waking up DS2 occasionally. We bought a new lamp to leave on in his room, which has helped tremendously with going to bed. He's still been waking up in the MOTN and morning crying, so I might give the guest room a shot for the next few nights to see if we can do CIO with some success.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"