October 2013 Moms
Options

AW No more helmet!

Lincoln is all finished wearing his helmet!! His measurements are within normal range now, thank goodness. We started tapering his wearing schedule last week and now he is done!

He is scratching his head a lot while getting used to having it off, and also he is a total cry baby when he bumps his head even in the slightest way. haha He is used to having the protection of the helmet so I'm guessing it will take a while for him to toughen up a bit. ;)

Thanks for reading my good news and to my fellow helmet mommas, hang in there! I look forward to seeing your helmet graduation posts someday soon!

And of course, a picture of my tube AND helmet free boy...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: AW No more helmet!

• Options
    Congrats mama!!  He is so adorable with that full head of hair!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    YAY!!!  Congrats on being tube and helmet free!  He'll get used to bumping his head soon.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hooray!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Yay!  He is such a cutie!

BFP: 1.19.2013 - EDD: 10.2.2013 - It's a girl! 9.25.13: Welcome Addison!

• Options
    Yay!  Congrats.  What a cutie!
  • Options
    Yay!!!!!
                                                     imageimage
                                        Lilypie - (JNST)image
                                         Lilypie - (aqIx)
  • Options
    Yay!! He is adorable!

• Options
    Yay, congrats!! Such a little cutie :)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

• Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    Great news! Yay, Lincoln!

Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. DS born 10-16-13.
    TTC #2 in December 2014. BFP 12-31-14. Expecting a September baby!
  • Options
    Yay!! He's so adorable.
  • Options
    @jennlin‌ Perfect gif. That's exactly what I feel like doing!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Awesome news!
  • Options
    wedding06 said:

That's great news! He looks super cute! I am a bit jelly though. We have a recheck next Friday but last time it hardly changed (0.6%) so I'm not holding my breath.

How is he doing with mobility and being helmet free? Has he seemed to learn quickly that it hurts and he needs to be careful?

I'm so happy for you though. You guys have been through so much. It must be so rewarding to see him in an accessory free state!

@wedding06‌ As far as mobility goes, Before the helmet was off, L only rolled back to belly. Once in a while he would roll belly to back on his crib but that was it. Now he is rolling both ways all the time. He also started crawling and cruising when the helmet came off starting last week. I don't think it was all coincidence! So of course now he bumps himself on the head a lot more, and he cries but doesn't seem too bothered by it. I think he is slowly realizing that banging his head on stuff hurts now, but I know it is still gonna happen often since he's a baby, so I'm guessing he will do better at brushing it off soon. So is he getting more careful? No. But tougher? Yes.

I am certainly thrilled that he is now a totally accessory free little guy. It is actually weird to look at him with no tube or helmet. He looks so... normal. It's exciting but still sinking in!

I'm sorry you haven't seen lots of improvement lately. :( What is your DS's cranial index down to? I know his started out pretty high but he has made some progress overall right? Do YOU notice a difference when you take the helmet off? We thought L would need his helmet for 4-5 months- we certainly lucked out with a 2.5 month treatment. Maybe your DS will be one who needs it a bit longer? I know it sucks and you just want to get rid of it!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ok so about 1.6% to go. Let's hope for a growth spurt here soon!

We definitely think the reason L's treatment was shorter than expected was related to growth spurts. From 3-5 months he was barely hanging on the growth curve because of his reflux and feeding problems. He got the NG tube at 5.5 months and the helmet at 7 months. From 6-9 months he did a TON of growing because he was finally getting all the nutrition he needed. He had the helmet on for most of that rapid growing time so it allowed his head to be shaped more quickly. Our orthotist said she never expected him to get it off this soon. But he was a SS because of his other issues.

I will send growth spurt and round head vibes your way to hopefully speed up his graduation date!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yayyyyyyy that's so awesome!!!!! He looks absolutely adorable and I'm sure you are over the moon happy to be rid of it! We have 2 more weeks and then we can join the helmet graduates too!
    Is today his first day helmet free? So happy for you guys I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling to not have to deal with his tube or helmet anymore!!!!
  • Options
    Good news! And what a cutie.
  • Options
    Yay!! He's so cute!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • Options
    Yay!!1!
                                                   photo 996da08d-6a8f-4ffe-b18d-94023659b1ef.jpg
  • Options
    What a cutie. Congrats!
    DD1 born 9.20.13
    #2 due 12.23.17 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yea!!!
  • Options

Yayyyyyyy that's so awesome!!!!! He looks absolutely adorable and I'm sure you are over the moon happy to be rid of it! We have 2 more weeks and then we can join the helmet graduates too!
    Is today his first day helmet free? So happy for you guys I'm sure it's a wonderful feeling to not have to deal with his tube or helmet anymore!!!!

@HereFishy87 His first full day off was supposed to be yesterday, but I was so excited that we made his first day off Sunday. ;)

So glad your LO gets to be done with the helmet too in 2 weeks!! It's a great feeling to have it over with!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yay! That's great!

photo f5b87909-fb54-49d9-91f2-1c11ca11c6c6_zpsb539db06.jpgimage
    imageimagehttps://us.v-cdn.net/5020794/uploads/FileUpload/07/a4ee8a96ea9a5b36f67716d2e4a85b.jpg

• Options
    congrats! love his full head of hair!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"