July 2012 Moms

When J12 is the big sibling

bcbuzzafsubcbuzzafsu member
edited July 2014 in July 2012 Moms
My searching capability sucks this morning so I apologize if this has been discussed at length before.

DD is coming in a few short weeks and DS doesn't seem to have a clue still no matter how much we talk about it with him.

How did your J12 babies do with the transition to not being an only or the baby anymore?  Were they miserable or nonchalant?  How long did/does it take for life to normalize?

I have 21 days left +/- so I'm freaking out a little.

Also, a semi-related question.  Did you do any special thing for them before the new baby came?  We are going to take DS to the beach, but I'm not sure how special that is since we live in Florida.

ETA J12ers who became the little bro/sis opinions are welcome too, I had a brain lapse there :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
>>>---FSU--->

Re: When J12 is the big sibling

• I'm due in 5 days and curious to see what others have to say about this too!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My sept10 DD was 22 months when my J12 DD arrived. She understood there was a baby in mommy's tummy. We showed her all of our u/s pics. We also listened to the hb every night before bed. She'd help find the baby and then we'd listen to her heart. I have wonderful memories from that. We also took her to the new sibling class at the hospital.

I knew I'd be in the hospital for 4 days/3 nights. We had a gift for DD#1 from DD#2 each day we were in the hospital. They were her "I love my big sister" gifts. DD#1 also picked out a gift for DD#2. She also helped me pick out her homecoming outfit and she had a matching dress.

We tried to include her in everything leading up to the birth and we let her help as much as possible after.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Olivia was 17 months old when the twins arrived and she handled the transition like a champ. I've made her into my little helper and I think it makes her feel important. She hands me burp clothes, replaces pacis, shakes formula bottles, and lots of other misc tasks. When she's in a cranky mood there can be jealousy when I feed the babies but I try to get ahead of it by giving her something to work on, like a coloring book or a puzzle. I think she really likes having the babies around. She's a little minny mommy and loves to take care of them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"