TTC After a Loss
Options

UPDATE: Any Advice on Test Results?

edited July 2014 in TTC After a Loss
Hi ladies,

Last week I had my hemoglobin, hormone panel and thyroid tests done. My next appointment is Aug 5 for an ultrasound to check my ovaries. 
I got my test results back from the lab today, and the only thing obviously off is this:

Thyroglobulin Antibody 0 - 20 IU/mL 566

I've stupidly scoured google and of course the first thing that comes up is Thyroid Cancer, which terrifies me! Obviously, I will call my Dr. ASAP, but she isn't in on Tuesdays so the soonest I'll get an answer is Wed.

I know none of you are doctors, but... do any of you wonderful ladies have any experience, advice or idea if I'm panicking for no reason?

Thank you for reading! Here's a treat! 
Edit: formatting
UPDATE: First thank you for all your kind words and positive thoughts! I called right away this morning and it's vacation week for both the Dr and nurse, but the receptionist checked my chart and the doctor left a referral notice. I have an appointment with an endocrinologist this Friday at 8:30 am. Of course, no one gave me any hint as to what they're thinking! So now, we wait. And I try not to turn into a frantic panic monster. :(

Re: UPDATE: Any Advice on Test Results?

• Options
    Big (((hugs))).

No advice but I agree with Eurydice - I hope your doctor or someone will call you sooner to go over the results and what they want to do.

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I don't know a ton about this specifically, but here's my experience;

Prior to our fresh IVF my thyroid antibodies were elevated (I'm not sure if there are different kinds). According to my lab, less than 50 was considered normal and mine were around 100. My RE didn't say anything in particular, but he put me on a daily low dose aspirin after transfer.

After our FET and subsequent loss, my OB reviewed my levels (they were retested before my FET but I never knew the level) and they were totally normal (18). However, if they were still high she was going to send me for further testing for Hoshimotos. She never mentioned cancer as a concern. 

So I think they can fluctuate, and there can be many reasons they are elevated. I am sure your doc will go over it with you ASAP. Good luck :)

"I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted what I asked of him." ~1 Samuel 1:27
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Whatever it takes, we walk together." ~Pittsburgh Penguins
    My IF-turned-baby blog
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    EurydiceNymph she is the only doctor in the office. She has a nurse practitioner who is always there so I'm definitely going to call tomorrow. 

Thank you ladies and yes, I am staying away from google until I hear from a doctor!!
  • Options
    Yes stay away from Dr. google. Can you call someone tomorrow?

BFP #1: 8/17/13     Due Date: 4/26/14      MMC discovered @ 9w 4d       D&C: 10/2/13
    BFP #2: 12/23/13       Due Date: 9/6/14      MMC discovered @ 8w 5d    D&C: 2/6/14
    BFP #3 8/26/14     Due Date: 5/7/15  

imageimage

• Options
    I hope you're able to speak with someone tomorrow about the results. Lots of hugs.

TTC since May 2013
    BFP #1 11/22/13 EDD 7/31/14
    MMC 13 weeks - discovered 2/13/14 at 16 weeks - Trisomy 13 - D&C 2/14/14
    BFP #2 10/9/14 EDD 6/22/15
    ~Everyone is welcome~
  • Options
    No advice (other than not Googling), but I am sending positive vibes and ((hugs)) your way.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • Options
    I hope you are able to get some answers ASAP. ((Hugs))

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Options
    Deep breaths. Sending you many many positive thoughts!!!! You'll get thru this
  • Options
    MBJuneMBJune member
    I have no advice, just wanted to send you some positive thoughts! Hope you get some answers today!

Dx: PCOS/Unexplained
    July '13 - Mar '14 - Letrozole and TI - BFN
    April '14 - HSG - All clear - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFP
    May '14 - Miscarriage 5w 3d
    July '14 - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFN

Aug '14 - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFN

Sept '14 - Letrozole, Trigger and IUI - BFP

Beta 1 - 87  Beta 2 - 193  Beta 3 - 441
    SA - All good
    ALL Welcome

• Options
    tlc35tlc35 member
    I'm sorry you have to wait but try not to stress.  I would think it would most likely be something like Hasimotos but it is impossible to know just from that one lab.  Good luck at the endocrinologist!
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Options
    sfazarsfazar member
    Sending good vibes!  My husband is a doctor, and he always tells me that if there is something gravely wrong (like possibility of cancer), you would get a call back immediately. 

Me (34); DH (35)

BFP 11/25/13; Heard strong heartbeats for 3 weeks; Natural MC (1/15/14)

BFP 11/11/14 EDD 07/21/15 hoping for our rainbow!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad they can get you in Friday morning so you can get some answers. Try to stay calm until then. (((Hugs)))

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image  image

TTC #1 since January 2013

BFP #1: April 5, 2013; EDD December 11, 2013; Missed M/C May 15, 2013

BFP #2: February 17, 2014; EDD October 30, 2014; M/C March 15, 2014

BFP #3: August 1, 2014; EDD April 14, 2015 - Praying for our RAINBOW!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Km380Km380 member
    I'm sorry I don't know anything about this. Based on nothing medical though I would think the dr would have called right away if it had anything to do with cancer. I hope you can get some answers soon. (((Hugs)))

PgAL welcome

Married 6/11/2011

Me & Hubby: 34

TTC journey started 12/2012

BFP #1 6/5/2013, MC confirmed 6/26/2013 @ 7 wks

BFP#2 8/25/2013 MC confirmed 10/16/2013 @ 12 wks (D&C 10/18)

Diagnosis: unexplained RPL, unexplained IF.

Also have hypothyroidism

Started TTC again 12/2013

IUI#1:Clomid CD 3-7, Trigger'ed CD 12. IUI CD 14. BFN

IUI #2:Letrozole CD 3 - 7, Follistim CD 9, Trigger CD 10, IUI CD12. BFN

Current plan: IVF with PGD. Antagonist - Vivelle Protocal. Stim start 12/1. ER 12/14.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/502498

image imageimage

• Options
    eliidaeliida member
    ((hugs)) My only advice is to stop googling. Deep breaths, we'll all be thinking of you this week.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"