October 2012 Moms

s/o cribs- are you still using the high chair?

are you still using the high chair?

we use it at dinner.  during the day she eats at her tiny table. 

Re: s/o cribs- are you still using the high chair?

• CnAnACnAnA member
    Yep. We suck at parents and don't eat at the table. ;) so it's easier for her in the high chair.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
  • Yes we still use ours too. He likes it and im not ready to change that.

• Loading the player...
  • Nope. We've been out of the high chair since April-ish. He wanted to sit at the table like a big boy the way his brother does in a booster. We do still use a high chair at restaurants (the very few number of times we've gone out.)
    Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• We switched in December to the booster. He started insisting on sitting in a regular chair and would scream if we tried to put him in his high chair. We do still use a high chair at restaurants, but can only put him in when there is food.

Of course  my son's new favorite phrase is "all by myself." He is mister independent and wants to do everything "all by myself."
  • We have the fisher price space saver and use it mostly as a booster pushed up to the table for dinner. Usually for breakfast and lunch she wants to sit at her little table though. When we go out to eat she will eat either in the highchair, booster seat, or in the regular seat depending on her mood.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• We switched to the booster a few months ago. Mostly to save space in the kitchen. We still have the high chair in the dining room, she doesn't mind it.
  • Wally3Wally3 member
    He is in a booster. Has to be like his big brother. He would prefer just a chair but that isn't happening. At resturants we get a booth because he fusses In a high chair.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Tonight is the first time she insisted on sitting at the table in a regular chair. Apparently the highchair was made of hot lava. Looks like we may transition soon!

View Full Size Image

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

• navyandvioletnavyandviolet member
    edited July 2014
    Yes dd2 needs it. in fact 2 weeks ago I brought back the high chair for my 3 year old because he was misbehaving so much at dinner time.

Eta. This should say ds2. Thank goodness I only have one daughter. Especially given the mood she is in today.
    Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • those with a little table and chairs do you find that they eat better than in a highchair or booster. I know he eats at a little table and chair at daycare but he hardly eats anything in his highchair. He likes his high chair he just doesn't eat very much.

• LorMorLorMor member
    I have never liked our high chair, but we use it every now and then. It's a bit big and never contained her nicely. We put it away a couple of months ago, but then brought it out again and she enjoyed it for the novelty. We don't have a dining room table, so we all eat at her teeny tiny table! (Before T, we'd sit at the kitchen counter and eat.)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, but our high chair has a removable tray and we just push the highchair up to the table. It is more like a junior stool. We don't have any more chairs at our table for her to use.
  • She rejected the high chair recently. Now in a booster.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
  • CnAnA said:
    Yep. We suck at parents and don't eat at the table. ;) so it's easier for her in the high chair.
    Us too. Most nights we are parked on the couch in front of the TV :(
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are still using the high chair. We sit at our island to eat and she is next to us. She could sit by us at the dining table if we used it often. I think she could easily stop using the high chair, but like some of you said, I like using it so I know she can't get out. I don't think she would sit at the table for the whole dinner.
  • Thanks ladies we started using our chicco travel high chair at our table since it attaches to the table so far good
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes. When it comes to dinner time.
  • We use the high chair, but it's mostly because we don't own a booster.  I think he'd do fine in one, though.  At daycare, he sits in an actual (tiny) chair at a real (tiny) table.  But at home, that setup isn't practical -- hence the high chair.  When DD needs a high chair in two months, we'll probably put DS in a booster and give her his old chair.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"