May 2014 Moms
Options

Reflux behavior

DS started on Zantac a week ago. After having a few good days, he is back to his behavior of an extreme rigid posture with arching, screaming and difficulty consoling and screaming at the breast when trying to nurse. He only does this in the evening for the most part. Is this normal reflux behavior?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reflux behavior

• Options
    When our guys meds work he's pretty happy. He did have a few bouts like that due to gas and when he finally burped or farted he was back to normal. Have you ruled out gas? If you have you may need a meds change/adjustment. Zantac was only effective 3 weeks before we needed an increase and the Zantac only helped another week after the increase before we ended up using Prilosec.
  • Options
    That sounds just like how mine would act every evening nursing and what made him stop was when we'd take a couple minutes time out and id swaddle him, bounce around a little till he calmed down then tried again and he'd go right to sleep. And now that he's a little older it doesn't happen as much
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know he has gas issues as well. I give him mylicon and so bicycling and tummy rubs. Not sure what else to do for gas?
  • Options
    Somebody on here posted about the magic froggy hold or something like that with a picture of how to do it it might help.

How often are you burping while feeding? If LOs reflux is well controlled during the day I'd lean towards built up gas being the evening problem.
  • Options
    I can't speak towards the zantac, but it sounds like normal reflux stuff to me. Arching back, worse in evening (my sons pedi said it was bc they have a lower pain tolerance (or the hormones that lessen it are lowest that time of day, I can't remember).

Do you keep him upright for a half hour after eating?

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"