C-sections

C-section delivery after emergency c-section for ruptured uterus during labor..

I am currently in the 2WW almost 4 years after having an emergency section for my uterus rupturing during delivery. I am just wondering if anyone else had this happen and was able to wait until 40 weeks for their second baby? I am concerned because people keep saying that they will want to do my section at 37-38 weeks and I would really prefer to keep the baby (if I get a BFP) in until 40 weeks. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: C-section delivery after emergency c-section for ruptured uterus during labor..

• The only reason to do a c-section before 39 weeks is for a medical reason. And 39 weeks is still full term, you would have to talk to your dr bc if they don't allow you to attempt a vbac which is very unlikely then they will do a c-section at 39. I think you need to talk to your dr about this, so you can be comfortable about the decision made between y'all.
  • Thanks!!! I know for 100% I am having a repeat section, I am not going to even attempt labor again, it really went horribly wrong at the end and my OB said he wouldn't let me attempt VBAC. I just know that the 37-40 week window it crucial for respiratory for babies, if I don't HAVE to have the baby that early I would love to go to 40. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • You will probably have an amniocentesis for lung maturity and if all is well go before 37-38 weeks.
    Trenton Elijah born three weeks early due to pre-e on April 14, 2011. Weighing 6lbs 6.3oz, 18 inches long.

Cameron Jacob (CJ) came early @ 25w4d on November 16, 2012 due to placenta abruption and incompetent cervix . Weighing 1lb 15.5oz, 14 inches long. 

Expecting a winter baby. Stay put LO!
  • I don't have any experience with this personally, but my sister just had a ruptured uterus due to ectopic pregnancy and has been told the same thing.  I am very pro waiting till 40 weeks, but if your doctor recommends a c/s around 38 weeks I would go with that.  A lot of babies arrive naturally before 40 weeks (e.g.:  I was induced with no progress at 41+ weeks with my first, and my water broke with my second at 38w4d before my scheduled RCS - his lungs were perfectly healthy, BTW), especially second babies.  It seems to me that if you're at high risk of uterine rupture, going into labor could be riskier for your baby than having a c/s before your baby's lungs are quite fully developed, especially if the former is an emergency but the latter is scheduled and all necessary medical personnel are present and prepared.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • I'm all for getting as close to 40 as possible, too, but I'd listen to my doctor on this one.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"