January 2013 Moms
Options

Car sickness

KriskhanKriskhan member
edited July 2014 in January 2013 Moms
Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent carsickness. We took a trip to the mountains this weekend in our brand new car and DD threw up once on the way there and twice on the way back. We love the mountains but winding roads are killing us. Any suggestions? My mom used Dramamine for me when I was a kid but I'm hoping there is something new.
This photo was taken after her final bout of carsickness. The lack of clothes is due to the fact they were all vomit covered..... Ahhhh!

Re: Car sickness

• Options
    We had a very similar trip about a month ago and I thought for sure DS was going to suffer from car sickness. **knocks on wood** seems like it was a one off for us, as hes successfully travelled since. Maybe you could get one of those seabands for her. I also checked DS's seat to make sure it was properly upright to ensure he was positioned well. Good luck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No experience with DD yet (knock on wood), but I definitely got very car sick as a kid. We used Dramamine too. Fortunately I grew out of it by the time I was 4 or so, so hopefully it will be somewhat temporary.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    When we took our trip to Colorado I was worried J would get sick while we drove the twisty road up into the foot hills, his doctor said to give him Dramamine. I also heard a few of my friends mention ginger as a natural remedy for motion sickness. Now I do not know if this works, nor how you give it to a toddler.

Hopefully she will out grow it, although that doesn't make the trip you just took any better.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"