Multiples

Mini Crib

Okay, so we have a crib from our singleton baby that converts to a full bed. It was supposed to be his forever bed but our rooms are just too small for a full (which is something I overlooked while crib shopping 4 years ago. Anyway because of the aforementioned lack of space we are considering selling our big crib instead of getting another standard crib and betting two mini cribs that convert into twin beds. My concern is the twins growing out of the crib setting before they are ready for a twin. Does anyone have any input?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: Mini Crib

• We bought mini cribs for our triplets for the same reason - space or the lock there of it. We wanted them in the same room. They are about to turn 2 and are still in them, but getting to the point where I will need to change something but they have been fantastic, I would recommend it. Plus at the lowest setting they actually have more depth than a regular crib that was given to us.
  • I should add my LOs are 99%+ so are VERY tall for their age and are just outgrowing now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Was supposed to be 99 percentile for height. I think it's in perception of amount of space that is needed. My LOs curl up when they sleep. Newborns and even one year olds sleeping in a regular crib look so silly because there is sooo much space. I have loved my mini cribs and am sooo glad we bought them. Do some research as there are differences in the length and width that you can buy, this is maybe why mine have worked so well and perhaps why it didn't work for PPs MIL.
  • Yeah, the ones we are looking so are around 40" long since the convert to twin, so they aren't as small as the foldable or portable ones. I think 40" is pretty substantial.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We thought about it but opted for full sized cribs. I didn't want to have to buy a new crib at 2. That being said, the majority of Europeans use mini cribs and it works for them.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We got a mini crib for our room while they were babies and ours was small. We actually never used it b/c we felt like they wouldn't fit both together---to give you an idea...the mattress fit and pack and play sheet. It was super cute, but not very practical.

Ticker/Siggy Warning:  Children and losses mentioned

TTC #1 since 7/2011
    ME: 37  DH: 38
    SA-12/28/11-normal
    HSG-1/16/12-possible blocked left tube
    BFP#1---CP 7/9/12
    Hysteroscopy-8/9/12-blocked left tube for sure, proceeding with IUI#1
    IUI#1 (Gonal-F + trigger)=BFP#2 m/c @ 19w1d D&E 1/23/13
    IUI #2 (Gonal F + trigger)=BFP#3 EDD 1/6/14 TWINS!!!
    Identical girls born 11/17/13
    BFP#4 EDD 8/27/15 MMC at 7w6d

BFP#5 m/c at 6w

BFP#6 EDD 10/5/16  Going Strong!  It's a Girl!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• We are planning on mini cribs, too- since we are expecting 4. I want all in one room as long as possible. I figure- a toddler bed is kind of a waste. My parents used a crib until we could sleep in a twin or full bed. So if ours outgrow it- we will just get the side rails for the twin beds. That will still come out cheaper than 4 full size cribs!
    Happy thoughts to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"