January 2014 Moms

Any babes quit the paci?

HoytC has quit the pacifier.

I
Am
Shocked.

DS1 had a love affair with it until 2.5 (flame me!).

We did nothing to encourage this!
imageimage
Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
induction due to HELLP

Re: Any babes quit the paci?

• BZ never really liked it. I don't even bother anymore.
  • Nice!! DS is in love with his paci. He's had one since 4 weeks. It always soothed him cause he always wanted to suck. now i think it's more of a something to chew/suck on cause he's got some teeth coming in. He used to wake up fussing for it several times a night now it's maybe once a night here and there. Thank god
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DS quit his at just over one month old.  I had to stop EBF  for 3 days because of a medication I was on (I had shingles) and after being on the bottle for that time, he had no patience for the pacifier anymore. 

• She never liked it. I used to try to force it, but she spit it out immediately and sucked on the pacifier holder fabric. I just never wanted her to be a finger sucker bc that's going to be a battle to break, I think. DS was a nuk baby and it was so easy to break him of that habit. Her pointer and middle fingers are her obsession.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Babygirl quit the paci with lots if help from mommy because mommy was sick of getting up at night to give said paci back to baby. We quit cold turkey. :)

our little flower born 01.13.14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ajgreen78ajgreen78 member
    edited July 2014
    Lucky you. My nightmare situation is that she'll want her paci. for.ever. Life has not devolved into pacifier hell yet though, and mostly she wants it to go to sleep. She can usually go BACK to sleep without it, thanks to sleep training. But still...I have nightmares.
  • LO has been falling asleep without it, which is awesome. I would love for him to not need the paci. He will wake up once in awhile and look for it.
  • DD found one in the bottom of a toy bin yesterday (HOW DID IT GET THERE?!) and played with it for like 30 minutes. This from the girl who acted like they were made of poison. She loves to play with the Wubanub and chew on the disc part like it's a cookie, but the one she found yesterday was a MAM. She taught herself how to put it in, sucked for a minute, spit it out, and started over. What a weirdo.

She does this every now and again. She will find one, play with it the whole day, then hate it again.

Oh. Hoyt. Y U KEEP MOM ON HER TOES?

Married: 9.22.12 - DD: 1.7.14 - EDD 2: 10.30.17 - J14 OG
  • She never liked it. I used to try to force it, but she spit it out immediately and sucked on the pacifier holder fabric. I just never wanted her to be a finger sucker bc that's going to be a battle to break, I think. DS was a nuk baby and it was so easy to break him of that habit. Her pointer and middle fingers are her obsession.
    @miamypuggle Mine loves the middle and ring finger. Just when she's tired. It's like her sleep cue. I've never seen an older kids sucking on their fingers, so maybe she'll grow out of it? Wishful thinking, perhaps.
    My LO loves these two fingers too. During the day she'll chew on whatever fingers she can get in her mouth but when she's tired/falling asleep it's the middle two. My cousin's LO did the same thing and she is now almost five and will still suck them when she is tired. They had to get the dentist to tell her it would make her teeth crooked if she did it too often so she quit during the day but still does when she is sick or tired.
  • she quit the paci around 4 months...  We haven't looked back :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @3peat Honestly I havent.  It was almost 3 years ago after I had my son and my doctor kinda said it was due to having a traumatic birth with him.  I have not had any problems since (knock on wood).  What are your hesitations with the vaccine?

• itsmeally said:
    3peat said:
    @bensmommy518‌ @itsmeally‌ I have had it with both pregnancies, and the 2nd time I suffered lingering nerve pain for months after DS was born. To avoid that in the future I am considering it. I hesitate because you can only have it once, and they are not sure how long it lasts. They allow the vaccine on younger people with a history of shingles, but no studies have been done on effectiveness with our age group.
    If it were me, I'd probably wait until 50.  Usually the more times you get it, the less severe it is in future occurrences (if they do happen).  I'm so sorry you got this with both pregnancies!! :(
    I am also sorry you got it with both pregnancies.  I have a friend who has had it several times as well (both while pregnant and when not). 

I was lucky and only had a minor case (only one area about 12 inches long and 4 inches wide just under where my bra sits).  I had actually thought it was poison ivy at first (which makes sense since DH is a landscaper) and did not go to the doctor for at least a week.  They gave me Lyrica to try to prevent any nerve damage which was why I had to stop breastfeeding.  I didnt like how the Lyrica made me feel (I literally walked into the wall thinking it was a doorway while holding DS) so I stopped it after the second dose. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"